[ch 1] Frankly, topics like what dreams people have, or how

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Da~Mike
Astral Realm

[ch 1] Frankly, topics like what dreams people have, or how

Post by Da~Mike »

Frankly, topics like what dreams people have, or how amazing or cute someone's pet is are, in my book, are some of the dullest topics in the world.

I don't like the "is are" part of this sentence. I mean, I understand why it is there, but it looks awkward. The best idea I have is to put a comma after the phrase "or how amazing or cute someone's pet is," but it still looks awkward to me. And that's where I'll end my proofreading of chapter 1 for now. I'll pick it back up sometime later. --Ryukaiser 05:51, 21 April 2006 (PDT)

Oh, then let's break it up into two sentences *makes that minor edit too* --Psieye 08:55, 21 April 2006 (PDT)

Good call. --Baltakatei 00:12, 22 April 2006 (PDT)

Hmm, the "is are" construction is back in the text as of a recent edit. It is ugly, but I think grammatical. I'm really a bit baffled by the purpose of the whole sentance. Kyon suddenly mentions dreams and pets apropos nothing. --BlckKnght 11:14, 30 May 2006 (PDT)

I humbly suggest "is, are". --GabrielbenJamin 18:50, 9 July 2006 (PDT)

Return to “Volume 1 - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第一巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱”