ぷいぷい PuiPui

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this novel series translated?

Yes.
90%
No.
No votes
I don't know...
10%

Total votes: 59

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: ぷいぷい PuiPui

Post by Krikit »

Update:

8 PAGES TO GO

You guys think I can make it through 8 pages tonight, and have this baby uploaded to the sidebar when I'm done? haha, can't wait for that...:)

First Project I've ever done...I actually made it through an Entire Chapter...that makes me happy :) (though when I compare it to say Dark, I realize I'm like nothing.../sigh)

But I'm so close to being done with this, I want to just gogogo!

anyway, off to get something to eat :)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Need any help? proofreading or anything?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Actually, that could be helpful :)

First let me get one more page turned out. Just got back from about a 2 hour bike ride where I found this awesome store that sells nothing but cow stuff...you should see the shelves of meat. So much milk tooo....and rice (though that doesn't come from cow :))

Anyway, off to knock off another page.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

6 PAGES TO GO

As for help....I'm going to need it, but I have no idea where to start...really, there's so much text :)

I haven't referenced the manga yet, but there are alot off added words and thoughts, etc that the novel has the manga doesn't. But still, with your translations I'm able to make sure i'm staying on the right track.
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Nice work Krikit. Now upload it for the rest of us!! :mrgreen:
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

4 Pages until chapter 1 is done.

4 PAGES TO GO

Uhmmm....bad news is my eyes can hardly stay up...

and at the risk of making some serious mistakes....i'm going to say the following.
Spoiler! :
HAHA YOU CAN'T READ IT, BUT I HAVE, HAHA, I'M NOW 14 PAGES FARTHER THAN ALL OF YOU, WHOOOO!!!.......................
I apologize for the above :mrgreen:

Anyway, It's killing me, because I want to upload it, but I promised I'd wait until I have the chapter finished...:) then it could be put on the sidebar, and I would be like a pig in mud :).

So yeah....but let me just say...WOW What a story :)

It gets really interesting. Also...there's ALOT of text I haven't uploaded, so you guys will have alot to read when it comes out :).

So, at the risk of dying from sleep deprivation, I'm sorry to say, but the rest will have to wait until tomorrow. 4 pages left.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

2 MORE PAGES

And i just realized....how does this get moved to the sidebar when the first chapter is finished?? Who do I talk to, when is the deadline, how does it happen, etc etc :)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

And for the wind up...here's the pitch!
Spoiler! :
DONE!!
So Volume 1 Chapter 1 is now, finally done. Of course, TL Checkers would be a big help, but we'll take it as it comes :)

So yeah....PP! V1Ch.1 is officially done.

I can't wait for this to get moved to the wiki, have it's own forum section, and start trying to take over the world!!! :twisted:

Or at least gather people that will comment on what they think of it :)
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit, I been wondering for while now... When did the Pui Pui series actually start?
I am thinking it should be pretty popular... So maybe it will take some time before the fan base is truly made?
As a comparison, why not list the dates of a few series? PuiPui, Tora Dora and what have you to see if it is unpopular in Japan, or just that it needs time to grow?

P.S. PuiPui vol 2 out in Chinese already!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Krikit, I been wondering for while now... When did the Pui Pui series actually start?
The first Novel Volume was released on May 25, 2006.
I am thinking it should be pretty popular... So maybe it will take some time before the fan base is truly made?
For an example, Spice and Wolf came out in February, 2006, and Toradora was March 25. So PuiPui! was latest. Yet right now, all three of these series have their 9th volumes out in stores. They are fairly equal in terms of length of life. However, I did notice that here: http://mangacast.net/?p=579 We have something that says back in September 2007, it was ranked ten on the Top 10 list, with other titles such as ZnT, SnS, Fate/Zero, Real Bout High School, Tenchi Muyo, Toradora(5) and PuiPui(6). So PP! was ranked 10 on the top 10 list for September, 2007. Yet it's not as famous as Spice, TD!, ZnT, etc.
As a comparison, why not list the dates of a few series? PuiPui, Tora Dora and what have you to see if it is unpopular in Japan, or just that it needs time to grow?
Volumes have been released relatively on time with big titles such as TD! and Spice. They are all at their 9th volumes. It's not unpopular in japan, it's just that you could say, the other novels took the fan base first, leaving few who would venture outside their "community" and try something new. Anyway, I will also say while I like PP!, TD! and Spice really are best :). But PP! is still good, and has it's own uniqueness that I can't put down.
P.S. PuiPui vol 2 out in Chinese already!!
Of the Manga or the Novel? ^_^
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

what about puipui?

nothing.
:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

I got the novel volume 2... Manga, well, no intentions of getting the hard copy when i can try finding the soft one =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

onizuka-gto wrote:what about puipui?

nothing.
:roll:
Thanks Oni. :mrgreen:
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Congrats on your first chapter Krikit!

Now for some constructive criticism...
ShadowZeroHeart

Reading volume 2 at the moment... And I think I may be beginning to understand why the series isnt all that popular...

Comments after reading half of volume 2...
P.S. unpleasant comments, read at your own risk?
Spoiler! :
Compared to a love story, their emotions arent that well-portraited. The relationship between Jin and Sierra is... weird. They are not exactly dumb like kids, but they arent thinking right, similarly to quite a number of the cast. The comical points is reduced, but it is still good at the moment. How far will that go? No idea for now. Some points are hard to make out, some are really being ridiculous and nonsensical. It is not the best, but if it continues on like this, then the novel may not be that good after all. Similar to "A Certain Magical Index", the first volume is great, but goes down the road? It may be a similar case in that sense...
Edit: I finished reading volume 2...
Comments, positive ones!
Spoiler! :
Okay, I finished the volume. Sorry about the comments earlier. But the later half of the volume is much better. Yes the story for volume 2 is good at the end. And the series seem to be based on the fact that most of the people are retards. In a good way =X

I guess I just can't stand how the maids and butlers of Sierra are following her so blindly.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “PuiPui”