Chrome Shelled Regios - Names and Terminology Guidelines

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios - Names and Terminology Guidelines

Post by Darklor »

Or you could leave it as it is and send it like that to the editor, so that the editor has to decide which version to use ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
xstar
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by xstar »

Considering all of the heavy metal dites use an -ium ending, lets go with that.

Adamantium Dite (アダマンダイト)
Shim Adamantium Dite (シム・アダマンダイト)

The Shim Adamantium Dite and the Adamantium Dite are two different weapons. The Adamantium Dite is the massive blade he uses to fight Pollutant Beasts, while the Shim Adamantium Dite is a smaller, simpler and most importantly lighter version that has most of the original Dite's properties without the structural fortitude of the larger version.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

awesome. Thanks!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Dont forget to add "Lucia" ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

Darklor wrote:Dont forget to add "Lucia" ;)
Added.

Also 50% done with the first major chapter of volume 10. Going slowly as expected, having ran into a wall of unfamiliar Kanji that I had to cross reference from other chapters. Added psychokinesis terms to the list.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

thanks xstar.
If you're up to it, I've more to add from my list.
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

blewin wrote:thanks xstar.
If you're up to it, I've more to add from my list.
Sure toss the list my way.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

cool. I'll put some more up when I get the time to go over the list.
here're some new terms I just came across translating the missing part of Vol 13.

Claribel's Dite: 胡蝶炎翅剣《こちょうえんしけん》
Kochouenshiken?

Another name for Claribel: クララ Clara?

*edited: adding more as names popped up:

En system - 縁システムを
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

blewin wrote:cool. I'll put some more up when I get the time to go over the list.
here're some new terms I just came across translating the missing part of Vol 13.

Claribel's Dite: 胡蝶炎翅剣《こちょうえんしけん》
Kochouenshiken?

Another name for Claribel: クララ Clara?

*edited: adding more as names popped up:

En system - 縁システムを?
As far as I can see, it's similar to all of the nonsensical martial arts techniques in Japanese fantasy out there. The parts, for those who don't know, are
kochou (butterfly) en (fire) and shi (wing) and ken (sword), so bladed wing of the flaming butterfly. I say leave it as romaji. So Kochoushiken works perfectly.

Adding Clara to the list.
En system (縁システム) is fine. Affinity system works as well, though I don't know the context. I'll leave the choice to you.
The character used after it is just the hiragana character 'wo' (を) used to denote the object of an action.

As a side note: I have a tendency to elaborate information at all times considering any lack thereof ends up being ineffective on my part to convey messages. If I don't do it this way, I end up causing misunderstandings and such, on top of accidentally leaving out crucial bits of information. I mean no disrespect in anything I write, unless of course I directly state it.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

of course. I enjoy reading the explanation anyway. :D
Let's go with En. I used that in past chapters. yeah, I wasn't sure whether I copied too many Jap characters for En system. But I thought you'd figure it out since you know the language.

thanks again.

Here's more:

Grendan's citizen: メックリング夫人 Mrs Mekkuringu? リクエストが Rikuesuto?

しようとするイグナシス。そしてその手先である狼面衆 - Ignasis. Wolf Faces.

汚染獣《おせんじゅう》 - filth monsters

What do you think of adding the En system and maybe Claribel's Dite to the list in wiki?
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

blewin wrote:of course. I enjoy reading the explanation anyway. :D
Let's go with En. I used that in past chapters. yeah, I wasn't sure whether I copied too many Jap characters for En system. But I thought you'd figure it out since you know the language.

thanks again.

Here's more:

Grendan's citizen: メックリング夫人 Mrs Mekkuringu? リクエストが Rikuesuto?

しようとするイグナシス。そしてその手先である狼面衆 - Ignasis. Wolf Faces.

汚染獣《おせんじゅう》 - filth monsters

What do you think of adding the En system and maybe Claribel's Dite to the list in wiki?
Graedan's Citizen: Ruimei Garrand MacRing (ルイメイ・ガーラント・メックリング)'s wife... Got anything on her first name? Otherwise just putting her down as Mrs. MacRing. Any chance it's Lucia MacRing? My reading speed is too slow to go through the context without reference.

リクエスト = Request
ga (が): Hiragana character used in a nominative function sometimes marking the noun that precedes it as the subject of the verb or as the predicate noun of the sentence.

Adding all of that now except for the En system. Can you point out volumes the En system shows up in so I can read up on it? I don't really know where to stick it. Also does Chrome Dite (黒鋼錬金鋼{クロムダイト}) have any significance to you? It shows up in Volume 1 and am not quite sure who the dite belongs to, or even if it ever shows up later.
Last edited by xstar on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

It's Mrs MacRing then. She's Ruimei's legal wife whereas Lucia isn't.
I can't remember off the top of my head exactly when the En system is mentioned.... it's scattered here and there, mentioned by name without much explanation. The explanation we get here in Vol 13 Ch 1 is the most detailed by far. Basically, the En system is used by the Electronic Fairies to communicate with each other. At times, humans can jump from city to city using the En system such as the time when Nina jumped from Zuellni to Myath.

um... I don't think the Chrome Dite (black dite) is of any importance. It's probably a type of a Dite mentioned in Harley's explanation or something, or it could be one of those practice Dites that Layfon uses when sparring with Nina before he gets his own Dite.
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

blewin wrote:It's Mrs MacRing then. She's Ruimei's legal wife whereas Lucia isn't.
I can't remember off the top of my head exactly when the En system is mentioned.... it's scattered here and there, mentioned by name without much explanation. The explanation we get here in Vol 13 Ch 1 is the most detailed by far. Basically, the En system is used by the Electronic Fairies to communicate with each other. At times, humans can jump from city to city using the En system such as the time when Nina jumped from Zuellni to Myath.

um... I don't think the Chrome Dite (black dite) is of any importance. It's probably a type of a Dite mentioned in Harley's explanation or something, or it could be one of those practice Dites that Layfon uses when sparring with Nina before he gets his own Dite.
Ah I see. I'll add the En system to the electronic fairy section then.

hmm... seems to be the type of material Nina's dite is made of. It seems to be the same situation with the platinum dite (白金錬金鋼{プラチナダイト})
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
Haze
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Chrome Shelled Regios
Now to be Tenyoku no Alderamin

Post by Haze »

Unimportant but
whose dojo is this?

リヴァネス
RIvanesu?

Its buggin me, I wanna know which Heaven's Blade has such a name. Also, how to romanize?
~Haze.

Baka.
KieR
Reader

Post by KieR »

~xstar, you didn't believe in anime writings but look at officials romacji-zacion from art book created by Miyuu with you can find in spoiler tag in Kakkou's post: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost2667434. If you can try to keep with official writings of names.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”