To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see this novel translated? Please give a reason.

Yes
98%
No
1%
Maybe
1%

Total votes: 961

acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

Post by acolyte »

I seriously love how the author always casually throw the main characters together in one place as if it's the most natural thing.
I hope we have a bit more Mikoto :s The comedy in this volume so far are mostly centered around the kids XD
Atravim
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Atravim »

Woah... kudos to whoever translated Volume 5. A magnificent piece of work that just suddenly popped out of nowhere without any warning. Good thing I check almost everyday.
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Men so excited. Cant wait to see what happen in the next vol . To see kamijou having grown up so much makes me think that the Imagine Breaker's secret might be revealed in the next vol . A new Kamijou who will overcome all the conflicts in his heart and stretch his right arm out while saying :"I will destroy that illusion of yours" to both GREMLIN and Ollerus's group.Men cant wait. Opposite to the magic side event is science side event with our usual second protagnist Accelerator vs Kakine with a new form. Men CANT WAITTTTTTTTTTT
xfire011
Kyonist

Post by xfire011 »

I like the anime, and want to read the LN, but how long would it take me to read the whole series?? It's like 25 vol. now right?
Aska
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Aska »

There are currently 24 volumes (22 + 2 SS) for TMnO, 5 SS for TMnO: NT, and some others side stories.
So if you want to read the
xfire011 wrote:whole series
, there are actually more than 25 volumes.
And we can't tell you how long you will spend to red them. It depends of your free times, how fast do you read... Hope you ll enjoy!
Searching for
xfire011
Kyonist

Post by xfire011 »

Aska wrote:There are currently 24 volumes (22 + 2 SS) for TMnO, 5 SS for TMnO: NT, and some others side stories.
So if you want to read the
xfire011 wrote:whole series
, there are actually more than 25 volumes.
And we can't tell you how long you will spend to red them. It depends of your free times, how fast do you read... Hope you ll enjoy!
Thx, guess it'll take quite a while :D
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

i re-read the series a while ago..before NT4 was finished actually and it took me 2 months maybe xD
tinluigi
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tinluigi »

NEW VOLUME!!!
Catchfraze
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Catchfraze »

Am I the only one who likes Index the most out of all the heroines and wishes she would have more appearances?
SXIII
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

Catchfraze wrote:Am I the only one who likes Index the most out of all the heroines and wishes she would have more appearances?
I guess so. There are simply so many better female characters (both heroines and anti-heroines).
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

SXIII wrote:
Catchfraze wrote:Am I the only one who likes Index the most out of all the heroines and wishes she would have more appearances?
I guess so. There are simply so many better female characters (both heroines and anti-heroines).
Index lack personality and ability other than comic relief. She also has minimal interactions with other character, and her backstory hasn't been emphasized on much :s
I'm sure if the author gives her more appearance and story, we might have more interest on her :D
Also, while Mikoto is mainly a comic relief at the beginning of the story, Mikoto does slowly change over the series (well her own series helped too).

That said, impatiently waiting for the comedy between Mikoto and Touma after v6ch6 XD
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Can someone TLC vol15? Sometimes I just don't get what sentences mean. It isn't really important while I'm just reading but becomes a pain to translate later.
Yeah, that's the reason why I'm so slow with translating vol15 into Russian while being relatively fast with NT5.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Thanks for the translation for ch7 :D
The volume is not even over yet? o_O
[Oh right.. still got the big names out on the loose..]
But I really like the last paragraphs of ch7.
That pretty much the author is explaining his own writing style :D

EDIT: Quick question about the epilogue.
For Last Order's 'e-mail', the /escape? and /backspace seems odd.. Is the /escape? meant to be 'question mark' and the /backspace meant to be 'comma'?
carinderyeah

Post by carinderyeah »

Thanks for Translating Vol. 6 of New Testament, this has been garnering much entertainment with my friends.. :D
P.S. Feel free to PM me anything you want, oh, be as random as possible
Irritated beyond endurance, I gripped the table's edge, and prepared to use the technique which had been passed down by my grandfather, namely «Table Flip».
shinikage
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shinikage »

i am curious about who was talking to accelerator through last order cant help the feeling it was the prototype misaka that was used as model 00000 also know as full tuning

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”