Accel World

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Accel World

Post by theUnbreakableSky »

*facepalm* i replied by sending an email back to the delivery address...and I was beginning to wonder why you hadn't seen it. Stick to the forum and PMs pls, I'm not familiar with BT's email system.
I wrote on your talk page here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... r_Superboy, but I guess you didn't see it...you might want to select the option that says 'Watch this page'. It'll be pretty important because most users communicate via Talk pages here.

Anyway like I wrote, you'll need a copy of Chinese raws (text you're translating from) to get started: do you have them yourself? In any case I'll send you a google doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m8C ... sp=sharing
You can view but not make changes with this link.

With only a month left for both of us, I'm keen to finish Chapter 2 at least before I enter, but if we both translate at the same time there could be duplication...how free are you everyday?

I'm not sure about your command of chinese, so I'll just assume you're either better or on a higher level than me (scored S in H1 chinese, S=subpass).
Superior Superboy
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Superior Superboy »

ok. can we connect through email? I didnt receive your message as well. so sorry, I would have replied immediately
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

Right then. Place your ign as the subject.
[email protected]
Zed
Astral Realm

Post by Zed »

Just want to thank, thank you so very much for the translations i really like the accel world series, baka tsuki is awesome
kaixax555
Mikuru's Master

Post by kaixax555 »

Ok hi people
I am the one who is translating Volume 9 now (same name as registered name)

Now I am still doing Chapter 1 (about 40-50% complete, will complete in 1 or 2 days)
Will try to complete the chapters I have committed to (Chapter 1 to 3) before 7 May.

Will slow down after that due to military service but will try my best to churn out high quality translations for Volume 9, at least.
Passion. Purpose. Drive.
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

>_> Superior Superboy
Kaixax555 <_<
O_O well hi there. Seems like we share much in common...

More related note: I'm releasing V11.2 completely in about eight hours, after I wake up. Editing is done and both me and Superior Superboy have no objections to the joint translation.

Special thanks to Tap for the radio-yaki line. ( :
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Good to hear you guys making progress. I am stuck in RL stuff for a bit so slower than usual right now.
Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Eternal Dreamer »

Sorry to barge in like this suddenly, but I've reached an impasse in my translation of Vol 5 Ch 4, and I'm hoping someone, anyone, can help me. (I hate to ask around like this, but this time I'm really stumped.)

Towards the end of page 79, there's a word written as "魔都" (the furigana pronounces it as "mato"), but I have no idea what it means despite searching through kanji dictionaries. I know 魔 means demon/evil spirit and 都 means capital/metropolis, so I'm guessing that this might be some kind of special nickname for Tokyo itself, but I'm really unsure. To put it in some context, it comes from the sentence "視線をまっすぐ動かしていくと、魔都の彼方にうっすらと横たわる富士山の壮麗な姿がある", which basically talks about how Mt. Fuji can be seen beyond whatever 魔都 is. Does anyone have any ideas?
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

Demonic City Stage.

Edit: it looks like the stage at Episode 11 here:

Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Hmm, I can see that interpretation, but that really doesn't make sense in the context, since Haruyuki is in the real world at the time and is simply observing his surroundings. Talking about a battle stage out of the blue in that kind of situation doesn't fit, especially since in that scene he's
Spoiler! :
at the Tokyo Sky Tree in order to do some initial reconnaissance and is avoiding accelerating.
Thanks for the suggestion, though. Any other ideas?
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

Chapter 4? I'll look at the chinese translations then.
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

So I found the line in Chinese:

"视线笔直望过去的话、在魔都彼方隐约可以看到横卧着的富士山的壮丽景色。"

I think it's a reference, so that didn't really help either. oo"
Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Hmm, I don't know any Chinese, so I'll take your word for it. Oh well, worst comes to worst, I'll just translate it as "demonic city" and say in the footnotes that I "think" it's a nickname for Tokyo.
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

I've forwarded the line to someone whose Chinese is much more proficient for a second opinion too.

(A relevant note here, is that Kawahara responds to all tweets regarding questions on his twitter @kunori. *wink)

Which I might do if the need feels pressing enough...later.
Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Oh right, there was that option... I've never done it myself before, but that is good as a last resort if all else fails. (Though, I'd be extremely nervous asking the author himself about such a minor point, not to mention from so many volumes back...)

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”