Accel World

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Accel World

Post by Xplorer30 »

I just did a quick read through of Volume 2 chapter 5 before I start translation.

Well, the author himself gave a lot of time examples, so if he still make loopholes with that then it will be his own fault. Not that I can find any in that chapter.

This chapter is a bit unexpected, but interesting developement nevertheless. Lots of new things to learn too.

Also, this chapter has a lot of references to real Japanese city names and landmarks. I hope I don't mess those up too badly, but most people probably won't notice it even if I mess up, haha.
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

In my quick read through volume 2 chapter 6, I found that it's mostly a battle chapter.

This chapter might take me a while since there are a lot of fight descriptions and some skill names. I will put the jp version of the skill names in the translation, so people can help me find better words for them maybe.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ushwood »

There is something I don't understand in ch.5.
Spoiler! :
...Okey, that's "Unlimited Neutral Field" which means the acceleration time there is unlimited. Then they say: even if you die in this world, you won't log out automatically. So the question is: what will happen if a player dies there? Will he/she stay there forever? (or until his/her real body dies, or until somebody pulls neurolink out)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Ushwood wrote:There is something I don't understand in ch.5.
Spoiler! :
...Okey, that's "Unlimited Neutral Field" which means the acceleration time there is unlimited. Then they say: even if you die in this world, you won't log out automatically. So the question is: what will happen if a player dies there? Will he/she stay there forever? (or until his/her real body dies, or until somebody pulls neurolink out)
Spoiler! :
Basically, when someone dies in there, they will respawn in an hour. This respawn will be done where they died, something that will be exploited many times to come.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

Oh. Actually, that was a stupid question.
Thanks.
hnryirawan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hnryirawan »

Just watch the PV. I predict this will be a good anime,looking at the graphic quality. Hopefully will be a 24 episode one (or maybe 52? I hope so)

Can somebody translate the Kirito vs Haruyuki part... I"M DEAD CURIOUS...
Spoiler! :
The developer that created Accel World maybe Kirito. I read it in SAO that Kirito want to develop VR technology. The concept of uninstalling Brain Burst is like the SAO game over=death concept. minus the death part. About Kuroyukihime's "parent", I think It is also Kirito.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

hnryirawan wrote:Just watch the PV. I predict this will be a good anime,looking at the graphic quality. Hopefully will be a 24 episode one (or maybe 52? I hope so)

Can somebody translate the Kirito vs Haruyuki part... I"M DEAD CURIOUS...
Spoiler! :
The developer that created Accel World maybe Kirito. I read it in SAO that Kirito want to develop VR technology. The concept of uninstalling Brain Burst is like the SAO game over=death concept. minus the death part. About Kuroyukihime's "parent", I think It is also Kirito.
I have no expectations for the anime really... The novel is a little too flawed and too unrealistic towards the protagonist to be of my liking...
Spoiler! :
You do have to understand what you are saying I hope. This shows how BAD Kirito would be as a parent. Firstly, Kurohime would be a guinea pig for his game. Secondly, this shows that he did not even let his daughter know of his own development, and also putting his daughter under such risks, while at the same time causing her immense suffering. Not to forget that this also implies Kurohime might have to beat the game just to meet her father. All these does not make Kirito a good father, don't you think? Wanna change your speculation now? haha
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Gee, I thought chapter 6 was violent, but the beginning of chapter 7 is worse. Hope I can manage to translate it properly. After that, it's nice reading though.

About 80 more pages to finish volume 2, think I can make it! After that, I will just go finish volume 1 slowly.

EDIT: Just in case you guys don't get all of what I mean by violent. Unlimited Neutral Field damage pain sensation = double that of normal duel fields = about the same as reality. That means you can no longer look at those duel avatars as "armor suit" or "robot", but actual flesh bodies. Ouch!
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

I took a break from translating chapter 7 (page 282/315 if you care to know the details) and went to read the author's twitter a bit:

http://twitter.com/kunori

It seems like the Accel World game is in the SLG genre. He said it's huge too, wonder what that means?
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I just saw the PV as well...it does look like it will make a really engaging series. Now to wait for 2 months... :evil:
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

I've just read ch.9 of manga. I thought the previous 8 chapters cover the whole vol.1 of the novel but ch.9 is nothing close to vol.2... where is it from, vol.1 again? or some side story?
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Ushwood wrote:I've just read ch.9 of manga. I thought the previous 8 chapters cover the whole vol.1 of the novel but ch.9 is nothing close to vol.2... where is it from, vol.1 again? or some side story?
Yea, that is the side story from volume 10 chapter 1. It is in chronological order. It's about Haruyuki just getting enough points for level 2, and he immediately used it to level up. Leveling up uses the points you gained. Which as you might have guessed, leaves him with so low points that he can be retired from accelerated world with one lost.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

Xplorer30 wrote:It's about Haruyuki just getting enough points for level 2, and he immediately used it to level up. Leveling up uses the points you gained. Which as you might have guessed, leaves him with so low points that he can be retired from accelerated world with one lost.
Well that's what I know already, since I've read the new chapter :).
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

I took a quick look at volume 10 side stories to see where they fit in when it came out. I was trying to decide when to translate that chapter 1, since it seem to have at least one character from later volumes. Guess I will follow the manga order and get to it after (if) I finish volume 1.

Volume 10 chapter 2 is after volume 3 I think, about Kuroyukihime's beach vacation.

And Volume 10 chapter 3 is Sword Art Online crossover with Kirito being translated by BeginnerXP if you don't know already.
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Not sure if you guys noticed, but the Accel World nav - AW Nav got worked on a bit and Zero2001 helped me with colors and stuff.

If you guys like it or hate it, you can comment here. It will mosty stay like that for now, unless I get requests to change it.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”