Accel World

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Accel World

Post by Xplorer30 »

Just posting it here in case anyone haven't seen it yet. The Accel World anime PV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHOiqv3Xw1o

The official site for anime:

http://www.accel-world.net/
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

What the heck??

I just got Accel World volume 10 raws, and there's Kirito in it??

Darn, I don't want to jump that far ahead to read it.
Arxos
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Arxos »

Xplorer30 wrote:What the heck??

Oh god what.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Wait wait wait wait...KIRITO???
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
RKazza
Astral Realm

Post by RKazza »

So I spontaneously felt like doing some editing. Ended up editing several paragraphs of V1. Ch1, and figured I should post it here as I took a few liberties with the wording. I left some bits, mostly due to the original really really awkward english wording and stuff I didn't understand. (For example, "Late will be meat bun punishment! Tattle will be roasted pork fillet punishment!".) Hoping you can clear those bits up xplorer30 =P
Spoiler! :
A yellow message icon flashed in the top right corner of the virtual blackboard.

It caused the spaced out Haruyuki to unwillingly shrink his head and move his eyes’ focus.

The dark green blackboard obscuring his sight suddenly became transparent; the backs of the students sitting in rows, and the teacher beyond them gaining clarity.

The classroom, his classmates, and his teacher existed in the real world, but the transparent blackboard overcrowded with maths formula did not. The numbers and formula that the teacher wrote in mid-air was sent to the «Neuro Linker» worn on the back of Haruyuki’s neck and fed directly into his brain as an image.

The old maths teacher explained the formula in a subdued tone while his empty hands moved with difficulty across the blackboard only he could see. His voice was not loud enough to reach Haruyuki but was instead amplified and clarified with the teacher’s «Neuro Linker» before being sent to Haruyuki directly.

When he focused nearer again, the blackboard with more math formula than before again became solid. So it seems that the mail he received wasn’t the teacher sending out a compressed homework file. As he was currently separated from the global net, the sender must be a student at the same school as he was.

He had already thrown away any expectations of a girl breaking school rules to send him a message long ago, in the six months after he entered middle school. He seriously thought about throwing the mail into the garbage box that was in the lower left corner but if he did that, he didn’t know what would happen to him afterwards.

Not really wanting to, but spotting a chance as the teacher turned his back, he moved his right hand up (this movement is not virtual, it’s real world movement) and pressed the mail icon with his finger.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Arxos wrote:

Oh god what.
Spoiler! :
based on some spoilers, it's a crossover where Haru thinks Kirito is an enemy intruder and they fought.
I wonder how next volume of SAO will be like.
Arxos
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Arxos »

larethian wrote:
Spoiler! :
based on some spoilers, it's a crossover where Haru thinks Kirito is an enemy intruder and they fought.
I wonder how next volume of SAO will be like.
Heh, perhaps we'll get to see it from his side?

Do you happen to know where they meet? I can't recall ever reading a date in Accel World, but looking at the level of technology Accel World is a good 10 years after SAO, so Kirito wouldn't be able to Brain Burst.
So I imagine they meet in a random online game? Either that or its a cross over in which he purposely ignored the Brain Burst/story timeline requirements.
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

RKazza wrote:So I spontaneously felt like doing some editing. Ended up editing several paragraphs of V1. Ch1, and figured I should post it here as I took a few liberties with the wording. I left some bits, mostly due to the original really really awkward english wording and stuff I didn't understand. (For example, "Late will be meat bun punishment! Tattle will be roasted pork fillet punishment!".) Hoping you can clear those bits up xplorer30 =P
Thanks, any edit will be helpful since my personal editor is now inactive.

As for that example quote, it's Araya's threat on how to beat him up in those cases. I am not sure what you can do to fix them, since they are sort of related to Haruyuki's pig avatar and him being fat.
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

I found out that Versus where Haruyuki fight with Kirito is from a side story published in a magazine. Before, I thought it was a SAO SS, and was wondering where it went. Now I know it's AW SS instead.

Accel World starts around 2046, September, so it's about 20 years ahead of SAO in the same world. I think people rumor that Kuroyukihime, aka Princess Snow Black, is Kirito's daughter, but her real name is never given even up to volume 9.

I am not exactly sure when that side story happens, but Chiyuri already has a Duel Avatar. Versus starts with Kazuto/Kirito's POV, and switches around a lot.
Arxos
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Arxos »

Xplorer30 wrote:Accel World starts around 2046, September, so it's about 20 years ahead of SAO in the same world.
I find that amusing, only by this comment I realized SAO takes place ~2024, not ~2034. So my technology estimation of AW being ~2045 was actually spot on, just a fail in my memory of SAO timeline. :lol:
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

By the way, all that Nav talk in SAO page got me interested in it and I made an AW Nav. I would say so myself that it's not that hard to use once you know, and the code never need maintainance other than to chang looks.

If any wiki admin see this, can you put this page to registered user and above edit? Thanks.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ate:AW_Nav
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Xplorer30 wrote:If any wiki admin see this, can you put this page to registered user and above edit? Thanks.
Uuuhh...I don't really get the reason why this should be an user page. Isn't this a template?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

Kira0802 wrote:
Xplorer30 wrote:If any wiki admin see this, can you put this page to registered user and above edit? Thanks.
Uuuhh...I don't really get the reason why this should be an user page. Isn't this a template?
You didn't understand what he said, he wanted an admin to protect this page from anonymous edits.
Larethian did it :)
Arcanum
Reader

Post by Arcanum »

I've read SAO, and when I read the early chapters of Accel World Volume 1 I found Accel World as impressive as SAO. The author deserves praise for such creatively futuristic light novels.
I hope I find something interesting today...
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

I've just read the new chapters of vol.2 and they're cool :). Thanks Xplorer30! (and double thanks for the speed :))

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”