SAO Anime Discussion Thread

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: SAO Anime Discussion Thread

Post by Misogi »

Tap wrote:About the LN popularisation thing, here's the list of "readers recommended series" from the first half of the year (surveyed from book stores across Japan):
Spoiler! :
■1位『Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei』(1~5巻)佐島勤/著 石田可奈/イラスト
■2位『Swort Art Online』(1~9巻)川原礫/著 abec/イラスト 
■3位『To Aru Majutsu New Testament』(1~4巻)鎌池和馬/著 はいむらきよたか/イラスト
■4位『Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome ha Machigatteiru.』(1~4巻)渡航/著 ぽんかん⑧/イラスト
■5位『Full Metal Panic! Another』(1~3巻)賀東招二/原案・監修 大黒尚人/著
■6位『Data a Live』(1~4巻)橘公司/著 つなこ/イラスト
■7位『Nourin』(1~3巻)白鳥士郎/著 切符/イラスト
■8位『BakaTest』(1~10巻)井上堅二/著 葉賀ユイ/イラスト
■9位『Accel World』(1~11巻)川原礫/著 HIMA/イラスト
■10位『PapaKiki』(1~10巻)梥智洋/著 なかじまゆか/イラスト (speed translation, excuse the shortforms)
And mind you, here's the current weekly sales rankings of Rakuten. (screencap)
All 10 volumes of SAO are in the top 16 at the moment, with 10, 1 and 2 in the top 3 positions.

Oh, and totally unrelated, but the special promotion for buying the whole set of the anime's Blu-ray & DVD at Toranoana - a chance to win a replica of Elucidator.
That's quite a boost for SAO, but there's also one for Jinrui and Oda Nobuna. Date A Live seems to be popular, Mahouka only needs an anime to become very popular.

SAO's anime is successful, and I hope that it stays like that.

I heard about the sword replica. That's an original prize.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

BeginnerXP wrote:Red-nosed Reindeer is only 52 pages in the original JP version, while Aria is about 140 pages, so I don't think you have to worry much about it being rush. If you want to worry, it's episode 5, which is supposed to be Murder Case in the Area, that's more than 200 pages cramming into a single episode (if the source about the name of episode 2-5 is corrected anyway).
There will probably be cut scenes. Normally, 200 pages take in JC Staff standard 3-4 episodes to animate, but I guess it could end up in 2 eps. If it is cut a lot, that probably means that A1 Pics will focus on the main stories a lot more.

My guess is that 12 eps are their goal to animate SAO. And the remaining for ALO. Unless they go all in for SAO, which I doubt.

On a side note, there's probably a hype with Mahouka right now, and some anime industries (like Sunrise) are feeding the hype. It is like SAO or DxD. I think that both will calm down and we'd be able to make a stable sales/reviews comparison. Same with Mahouka.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Shin Aku
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shin Aku »

Kira0802 wrote:
My guess is that 12 eps are their goal to animate SAO. And the remaining for ALO. Unless they go all in for SAO, which I doubt.

On a side note, there's probably a hype with Mahouka right now, and some anime industries (like Sunrise) are feeding the hype. It is like SAO or DxD. I think that both will calm down and we'd be able to make a stable sales/reviews comparison. Same with Mahouka.
I think it's possible SAO gets 24 ep. For me 12 ep. are to short, 'cause vol. 1 is really big. Ok for Vol 2 4 ep. are a bit to short too, but I think J.C put it in 4 ep., so it's really a waste.

Ah, also it's named as SAO so I think J.C put the ALO vol. in a new season, maybe next year?
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I thought SAO is already confirmed 2-cour?
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Yes, SAO is confirmed to be 2-cour, judging from the present of Yui and the 74th floor Boss in the opening, I think first cour should cover entire or almost all of volume 1, they might spend a few episodes of the 2nd cour on Aincrad too, then most of the second cour should be Fairy Dance arc. To me, SAO incident really concluded at the end of volume 4 anyway.

My wishful thinking:
Spoiler! :
First season
- Two cour covering volume 1-4/Aria/Murder Case.
- First Day is BD/DVD only episode included in the last disc.

Second season
- Phantom Bullet

Movie
- Caliber (my personal favorite side story) + Mother's Rosario

Third season
- At least two cour for Alicization.
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

I wish that were true, lol, but I pretty much just see the first half being SAO, then the 2nd being Fairy Dance.
If it gets a second season, then we'd have GGO and Phantom Bullet.
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Episode 4 preview is up on the official site, can't wait to hear how Silica pronouncing her feathery dragon's name.

Here's screen caps, courtesy of yaraon blog:
Spoiler! :
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Silica looks adorable! that dragon is even more adorable! must see if they are making pina plushies to sell.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ushwood »

And Kirito is peeking!
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

eh? I thought in the trailer he was covering his eyes...

edit: oh, screenshot sure makes it look like he's peeking...
M.A.D
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

SAO-V3Ch2P3 wrote:The black swordsman looked down at Silica through the gaps between his fingers and answered: "No, I didn't"
From the beginning, I've always thought that he was peeking :P
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

Anime episode 3 is really disappointing... the pace is too rushed... people who watch anime first won't understand most of the story...
good thing I read LN first :D
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Eh... It aint exactly rushed... The main points were hit. It IS an adaptation. I know of people who watched the anime only who understood that story(that episode's), one of them was even commenting on not being sure whether to laugh or cry when the 10 seconds after death part came out. Go watch it again, carefully... you might have missed some details in the anime ^^

Pina plushie, pina plushie, pina plushie...
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

ep 3

Post by larethian »

The content was acceptable. But the execution was shit. I've never seen such jarring transitions in my life of anime watching.
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

yeah. all the important parts are shown. A good thing for an adaptation and those who read the LN.

when I mean "don't understand the story", I meant to say that "they won't feel sad because they died/the revival item won't work/etc"
It is just my opinion, If only the episode 3 is separated in 2 episode, it will be better. the episode 3 is a little too rushed since too many key events are there to be shown.
and because episode 1 and 2 is quite well made (despite some parts that are cut, but an anime only watcher won't know), this episode 3 is not really satisfying for me.

again, it is just my personal opinion

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”