SAO Anime Discussion Thread

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

getsuei
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online getting animated

Post by getsuei »

Xplorer30 wrote:Oh, looks like they are putting in Aria side story. That last part 1st floor boss fight has a lot of scenes.
Though I'm wondering how Suguha is going to be utilized if she has a voice actress but ALO doesn't look like it will be covered. Wonder it it will play out like Amatsuki (manga not anime) with the virtual reality being shown mainly but snippets of the real world covered briefly
Life is but a game without a reset button
Kah
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kah »

Sachi!!!!! TT-TT

Seeing that trailer gives me the feeling that SAO anime is going to be amazing. I think I saw Haruka from iM@s in it tho.. xD
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

After looking at PV again, I noticed Lizbet's hair color was already pink, she was supposed to change her hair color after Asuna's suggestion though, oversighted?

But impressive music, as expected from the one who composed music for Madoka Magica, Fate Zero etc
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

composer is the same? Explains the awesome....
Aorii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Aorii »

Gosh trailer looks awesome, thanks for sharing~

They got Takeda Yusuke for art design, whose Ghost in the Shell work is probably as close to this kind of setting as is (not to mention the other brilliant stuff in his portfolio: Gankutsou, Higashi no Eden, True Tears [backdrop mood setting for emotional scenes were just awesome]...)

Adachi Shingo for animation director/designer feels like an odd choice (Working! character designer lol), also has the Aniplex's idolm@ster feel mixed in...

Iwanami Yoshikazu, who is one hell of a vet, for sound director, and Kajiura Yuki (GODDESS of anime OSTs!) for composer--- this'll be just GLORIOUS

I'm not sure what to think of the director Itou Tomoko though... his only straight directorship before is Occult Academy, bit of a hit and miss, and they'll need to get a little creative on the script timelining to work vol2 contents into vol1's events.

Nevertheless, pretty good team overall~

EDIT: just need a good scriptor to back up that meh director and we'd be set~
Daybreak Project
"You crazy b@stard! I'm gonna treat you like shit until you reveal your true form!!!"
"NO WAY. Over my dead, resurrected and killed again body." -- Kadi, when given a proposal about leaving [Miko-moe] 'as is' in TL.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Solid team... now the only problem is...
Spoiler! :
WHY ON EARTH DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL JULY?
Really looking forward to it.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

battlerwright wrote:pv was awesome. I'm not sure I like Kirito's voice since I imagined his voice lower. Asuna sounds great. I thought the music in the trailer was pretty awesome, then found out that Yuki Kaijura is composing for the anime, which makes me really excited. Looking forward to it.
I'm not familiar with Kirito's seiyuu though his voice is how I imagined to be --> boyish. Lower won't fit him at all. As for Tomatsu Haruka, great that she's using pretty much her normal speaking voice. Her overly genki-kei voice won't fit Asuna very well.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Thanks for the heads-up.

So pretty.
Music and landscape details are beautiful. The swords monuments around Aincrad's a nice touch, even if not in the original design.
Animation's good, but gotta wait till the actual release before judging.
That HP gauge looks like crap though.

And yea, there's that pink hair on Liz.
Also, Asuna... used a two-handed rapier thrust.
A two-handed rapier thrust. What. Why.
I didn't finish reading Aria yet, but still, a two-handed rapier thrust?

Oh, and for the comments on Kirito's voice:
328: Kirito-san's voice certainly seemed rather soft...
I imagined it to have a more solid feel to it.
329: On the drama CD, it mostly felt like a berserk-ed voice, so there's no need to worry on that front.
From the SAO thread on 2ch. Most comments on how it'll probably go in chronological order and the crappy UI. They pointed out the pink hair too, lol.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

It's because most PV I've seen are highlight of the first episode of those anime, so I have slightly bad feeling that all we saw in this PV might be in the first episode.
Like he recounted the event on the first day he logged into game, how they cleared first floor boss, how he witnessed deaths of many people, including his attempt to revive someone, and the episode probably end at the last scene in volume 2, the one he sat faced down on the table.

It's fine to do it that way too, I guess, must not set my expectation too high...

Voice actor of Kirito is pretty new face, his only main role was in Kamisama no Memochou, and I think he did good. The female side has 3 big names, Tomatsu Haruka, Taketatsu Ayana and Itou Kanae, there should be no question about their performance.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

BeginnerXP wrote:After looking at PV again, I noticed Lizbet's hair color was already pink, she was supposed to change her hair color after Asuna's suggestion though, oversighted?

But impressive music, as expected from the one who composed music for Madoka Magica, Fate Zero etc
I think they wanted to make it easier for the novel readers to recognize her
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

ben1234 wrote:
BeginnerXP wrote:After looking at PV again, I noticed Lizbet's hair color was already pink, she was supposed to change her hair color after Asuna's suggestion though, oversighted?
I think they wanted to make it easier for the novel readers to recognize her
Non-novel readers, you mean.

The novel readers would be asking what Beginner pointed out, heh.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Not really. The Liz I know has pink hair, not whatever colour it was before she changed it
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

The Liz you know is after Asuna has seen and advised her, not the one at the beginning of SAO...(I just checked the chapter, cos I didn't remember it either.)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

That's my point. I probably wouldn't recognize her if she had brown hair. But now I can when she has pink hair

To hell with consistency and continuity!
Ways
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Ways »

btw.....guy,does anyone know which group will take up subbing?i heard eclipse 'WAS' planning in MAL but what happened to them anfte shakugan no shana 3?.......nobody know nyaa.................................................................

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”