SAO Anime Discussion Thread

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online getting animated

Post by Pryun »

... It's not even out yet... I'm sure there are many groups out there who prefer to watch the actual show before deciding to sub.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Ways wrote:btw.....guy,does anyone know which group will take up subbing?i heard eclipse 'WAS' planning in MAL but what happened to them anfte shakugan no shana 3?.......nobody know nyaa.................................................................
Hum...what was that name...Mutoki or something like that. Heard that they've decided to do it.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Naeko
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Naeko »

Pryun wrote:... It's not even out yet... I'm sure there are many groups out there who prefer to watch the actual show before deciding to sub.
A lot of times, if enough promo material has been made available, all that's left is whether or not you think the studio and directory is up to the task. If so, you can decide in advance and make the intent known to other groups. For those who are interested in following who subs what, go to:

http://www.fansubwiki.com/
caitnap
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by caitnap »

wow,I just finish reading up to vol 7 last week and now it's getting animated O.o

make a wish:
for 26 ep all aicrad arc
they don't just jump to 74th floor so quickly but with 1st floor then jump step by step
july hurry up and come XD, july is long holiday for me
Aorii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Aorii »

been reading some reviews and opinions of this, and even for the naysayers, a lot of people at least appreciate vol1's plot and writing; can't be helped about vol2 since it's a spam of short stories that doesn't connect directly with the main (I was bored myself), but vol3-4 received some serious backlash. To quote a reviewer from Manga-Updates about ALO arc (and I'm forced to agree):
I'll give it to you straight. It's nowhere near as good or interesting as the first volume. At times it was somewhat irritating even. Damsel in Distress is bad enough as it is (I hate those..) now add a very unpleasant and boring villain and a protagonist who apparently turned into a moron. The previous calmness and intelligence he showed at times that made the plot less predictable is now replaced by impulsiveness. The story is no longer unpredictable. In the end this arc turned into a mediocre .hack// clone.
so honestly, it may really be their best interest to focus on Aincrad as standalone instead of jumping quickly from novel to novel like most light novel adaptations tend to (cough cough J.C.Staff).

Although personally, I hope they'd reveal the 'World Seed' revelation that happens at the end of ALO. In my opinion that is the single most genius idea in SAO --- networked conversion from MMO to MMO has got to be any MMOgamer's dream.
(I presume, since I haven't actually touched one in seven years ^^;;)
Daybreak Project
"You crazy b@stard! I'm gonna treat you like shit until you reveal your true form!!!"
"NO WAY. Over my dead, resurrected and killed again body." -- Kadi, when given a proposal about leaving [Miko-moe] 'as is' in TL.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Point: if your loved ones are in danger, you would probably be more reckless and impulsive. If you can remember, in volume 1 Kirito basically had no attachment to anyone or anything, until much later, so he could act VERY rationally and cooly.

I'd agree that it is not as interesting as the first volume though, since I think the first volume is the best (then again, a lot of firsts are still the best)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Honestly, the best arc before Alicization is SAO, ALO is a bit disappointing but GGO manages to be better.
For Alicization, we'll wait to see if it's a good arc, since it's really long and promising.

I think the anime would finish at ALO, though.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Don't curse the anime! I'm hoping really hard for another season or two.....
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

SAO is one of the most anticipated series of Summer, so if it disappoints story-wise (animation-wise, it's quite good), it would be a huge disappointement and a disaster.
It will get more seasons if this anime is well done.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Rush
Astral Realm

Post by Rush »

you think the anime will reach ALO?
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I think so, it will finish before GGO. If it's only SAO, there will be fillers ; if it's ending at GGO, pacing will be too fast.
----
Rush
Astral Realm

Post by Rush »

I understand, I thought I'd get: SAO volume 1 and 2 and Aria SS and only.
Assuming that get beyond SAO, I think the ideal would be to cover up ALO since shut so beautiful.
serice
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by serice »

basing from the preview doesn't it look like that it will start at aria in the starless night?
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

While it might contain Aria in the Starless Night, I doubt it will start there... It probably starts similar to book 1, with Klein/Cline introducing himself to Kirito. Because that is where the characters are introduced.
serice
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by serice »

well it will most definitely start with 10,000 people being stuck then Kirito met Cline then he solo for a while then go to starless night story

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”