Sword Art Online - PDF/EPUB/MOBI Versions

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online - PDF/EPUB/MOBI Versions

Post by Simon »

>>>

Code: Select all

SAO -Volume 1 Re 4
<<<

BeginnerXP try this one please.
And next time please demand from me an explanation about what i made and what it does.

I should read the code that i write twice.

.image-wrapper {
	float: right;
	width: 250px; <<< The proble was most likely here
	max-width: 33%; <<< Maybe it had conflict with this one
	border: 1px gray solid; <<< And it's somehow stupid that it looks sh*t in iBooks bekause of that
	padding: 8pt;
	margin: 8pt 0pt 8pt 16pt;
}
.image-wrapper img {
	max-width: 100%;
}
Insertet only the minimum thats needed

.image-wrapper {
	float: right;
	width: 30%;
	margin: 0px 5px 0px 10px <<< margin: top right bottom left 
}
Could you make landscape and normal image ?

Thanks ^^
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

carj wrote:i haven't tried the epubs yet cuz i start classes today n ive been going around preparing for the last couple of days

when i get used to my new schedule ill start looking into the epubs again =P since i wanna do the TAMnI ones
Ok, same here. (Classes)

Ah don't use PDF to create ePUB. I do the same part that you do with word. then create TOC save as .doc and then use Libreoffice to convert .doc to .odt and then Calibre. Don't use the function from MS Office to create .odt you'll get one text line per site. Duno what they made there. If you do it the way I did get rid of the grey line under the header of every chapter/part or you will get invalid TOC in Libre. You get rid of them pressing the backspace button while the cursor is at biginning of the line.

Thats how I do it abt you need to reorder them in the outline view. Thats the negative part of removing the grey lines.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carj »

actually to make the epub i use the .doc to make a "filtered" html n use that to make the epub, i saw the html and well >_> not exactly the cleanest but might be able to work on it, is not as bad as i actually expected xD

ill get into that when i have time, probably next week since ill get all my subjects plans for the term this week and do my overall term schedule according to that, tho i know ill end up procrastinating all for the final weeks xD i always make the plan
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Result from SAO1 rev.4

Portrait mode (I added page before image to show empty space too) scaled 50%:

Landscape mode scaled 50%:

Now I'm trying to finish up all remaining Toaru Majutsu no Index PDFs, after that I'll spend more time playing around with SAO epub. But I've learned quite a bit more about how to customize epub from this thread, thank you very much Semen & carj.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

No problem.

Looks like iBooks can't handle width with %.

I think i will make extra versions for iBooks. :/ it sucks.

I will look in some more software programms how they handle the ePUBs that we made.
And if yo dont mind, when i find something good(software for reading), could you test it on iPad and iPhone ?
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Semen wrote:I think i will make extra versions for iBooks. :/ it sucks.

I will look in some more software programms how they handle the ePUBs that we made.
And if yo dont mind, when i find something good(software for reading), could you test it on iPad and iPhone ?
Sure, I don't mind testing. The reason I'm still using iBooks is because it's the only app I know that supports epub, for PDF I'm using other app.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Alternatives.

Stanza or Bluefire Reader

look for theese

ePUB Software
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

By the way I'm currently workingon ePUBs for Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, ZnT, mybe on Fate/Zero, and if you don't mind SAO.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Semen wrote:Alternatives.

Stanza or Bluefire Reader

look for theese

ePUB Software
I visited the site, that site actually recommended iBooks for iOS devices and even gave iBooks full mark for following epub specifications.
I downloaded BlueFire to try with SAO epub, it displayed image properly from the limited time I tried it but it didn't let me zoom to see image at its actual size like I can in iBooks. But when I exit the app back to home screen, it caused iPad to freeze and need forcing reboot, that was unacceptable so I removed the app already.
For Stanza, I used to have it but felt its interface was bad.

In my opinion iBooks should still be main testing platform for iOS devices because it's the app most iOS users probably already have installed.

I don't mind at all for you to work on SAO epubs or even PDFs, more choice is always better for readers anyway, also please feel free to post the result here so carj can put the links on this thread's first post.
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carj »

BeginnerXP wrote:I don't mind at all for you to work on SAO epubs or even PDFs, more choice is always better for readers anyway, also please feel free to post the result here so carj can put the links on this thread's first post.
yea that you're free to do what u want xD just let me know to put the links where they go if you dont want to bother with that stuff (for SAO tell me so i edit the first post) for the others i could also manage the links if you want
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Thanka. I appreciate it.

and BeginnerXp thanks that you tried it.
caitnap
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by caitnap »

wow,so many version....I have hard time picking which one to download :lol:
thanks for this

i always try to make one or download the pdf/epub
so when they were taken down (hopefully not) I still have the pdf to enjoy.plus i can read it offline with this.

hmmm....so which one should i pick now......
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

caitnap wrote:wow,so many version....I have hard time picking which one to download :lol:
thanks for this

i always try to make one or download the pdf/epub
so when they were taken down (hopefully not) I still have the pdf to enjoy.plus i can read it offline with this.

hmmm....so which one should i pick now......
One warning, the download links on the first page are the ones that should be used. Any further are for testing. meaning from 2 and till now were for testing.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

You can always try them all and keep the version you like most =P

But epub version seems to be stalled so PDF is more up-to-date (vol.1,2,3,4,6 completed). I have made incomplete volume of vol.5 as well. You can read (incomplete) vol.5 then continue with vol.6 without lossing much because author actually did put some flashback of the previous volume.

Hope you enjoy reading Sword Art Online as much as I did, and hopefully you can help spread the word about how good this series is to your friends too.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

I think i'll be able to do the ePUB in the next 2-3 days.
Something other.
What Soft-/Hardware do you use to read ePUBs, if I can ask?

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”