Sword Art Online & Accel World Novels Licensed

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

testing1548523654125
Astral Realm

Re: Sword Art Online & Accel World Novels Licensed

Post by testing1548523654125 »

Nura rihan wrote:
TYLunaMoon wrote:Why not doing it as Shakugan no Shana?
Just tear down the released part.
If the first volume licensed up, just tear down the first volume in Baka-Tsuki.
Why must all of it been abondoned?
Isn't it was your blood, and sweat, and tear, and most of your effort for years?
Okay, I can be wrong, but I will put some points here:
  • First: If we maintain the series on the site, we will be only doing a crime. :)
  • Second: The first purpose of B-T was to incentive the licensing of the novels, once SAO and AW got licensed, B-T fulfil it's purpose, keeping the series on the site would be bad, it'll be betraying the first purpose.
  • Shakugan no Shana had a special condition which lead to restart translating, but it was first dropped though.
I can be wrong at my points, but this is how I see. :wink:

P.S. the ones who start translating here, are aware of the risks... :wink: Or at least I think everyone readed the common agreement... :roll:
web version?
Pedram
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pedram »

OMGGGG :((((((((((((
How could this happen :(
Man , This Sucks For me :|
i am happy that it getting Licensed and Release , and hope it Sell good and it continue and keep Releasing the new Vols

but For me ! who live in iran , with no way of buying these Books or anything getting Shipped here , I not only lost my chance to Read SAO new Vols , but i can't even buy the Physical Copy of new Vols and Wait for new Vol To get Released ! ( IF it even get released all the way ...... )
i Am Dying Right now to Read Vol 13 and Was hoping it get Translated soon :(
Can't u Guys At Least Keep the Last Few Vols ? :| Similar to how Mangastream is Doing it for Mangas .... only the Few last Chapters are there , then they got Deleted .
i Really Can't wait years to read Vol 13 :( and Ofc i already took a while Learning English , i can't Learn the hard Japanese Language with 3 Alphabet :|
Damn , i would even Pay Triple or more for a Volume if i could get the new Vols Translated and not wait years for it :|
( Considering the Converting Ratio of My Country Money and $ is at 3.2 atm ( was 1.2 Just last year ! we in ban now :| ) , Paying Triple mean Paying 9-10 Time For me lol )
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

testing1548523654125 wrote: web version?
Sorry I don't get it...
Pedram wrote:OMGGGG :((((((((((((
i am happy that it getting Licensed and Release , and hope it Sell good and it continue and keep Releasing the new Vols

but For me ! who live in iran , with no way of buying these Books or anything getting Shipped here , I not only lost my chance to Read SAO new Vols , but i can't even buy the Physical Copy of new Vols and Wait for new Vol To get Released ! ( IF it even get released all the way ...... )
Can't u Guys At Least Keep the Last Few Vols ? :| Similar to how Mangastream is Doing it for Mangas .... only the Few last Chapters are there , then they got Deleted .
i Really Can't wait years to read Vol 13 :( and Ofc i already took a while Learning English , i can't Learn the hard Japanese Language with 3 Alphabet :|
Damn , i would even Pay Triple or more for a Volume if i could get the new Vols Translated and not wait years for it :|
( Considering the Converting Ratio of My Country Money and $ is at 3.2 atm ( was 1.2 Just last year ! we in ban now :| ) , Paying Triple mean Paying 9-10 Time For me lol )
Well, I don't think they can be kept, but don't worry I'm sure tht the volumes will be on the internet someday.... just wait(years) :lol:

:roll: :roll:
Call me Nurin!

Pedram
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pedram »

Nura rihan wrote:
Well, I don't think they can be kept, but don't worry I'm sure tht the volumes will be on the internet someday.... just wait(years) :lol:

i Don't want anything to be Keeped , i just Want new Vols to be Translated then Deleted :P Oh well ... :|

Man if i have to Wait Some Years for it i would just have a Trip abroad and buy all the Books LOL
but the problem is being a university student atm with no luck of going out ! and these books not even Released yet ! i can't get anywhere :|

i Wonder if any Translator still keep translating it in other sites .... :|
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

First of all, it's "kept" not "keeped"...
Pedram wrote:i Wonder if any Translator still keep translating it in other sites ....
Seeing that the SAO fanbase is quite huge, there may be a pretty good chance for it to happen (like what happened with S&W and Haruhi). Just keep wishing~

Or like what Nura said, wait for the scans to float around the net (probably a year or two from now).
Pedram
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pedram »

arczyx wrote:First of all, it's "kept" not "keeped"...
Pedram wrote:i Wonder if any Translator still keep translating it in other sites ....
Seeing that the SAO fanbase is quite huge, there may be a pretty good chance for it to happen (like what happened with S&W and Haruhi). Just keep wishing~

Or like what Nura said, wait for the scans to float around the net (probably a year or two from now).

Well i hope some of those fans do it :D
finding scans or pdf of published books not so hard on net , but i am sad at the part that it wil just start Vol 1 in 2014 ! even if they release 4 Vol Each Years ! it need 4 years till it get to Vol 13 ! :|
that is Just Sad ! :|
4 years for something already out and something that i am dying to read atm :P
Who knows what happen ! i might even die in these 4 years ! lol :lol:
lazyluong
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lazyluong »

It's fortunate and unfortunate that the light novels are being licenses. I just wish the arc was completed and fully translated before it was taken off :(

Oh well, nothing we can do about it. I will still like to thanks all the translator and editor who work on the two light novels. Without them, I would never come to appreciate both the light novel, and reading as a hobby since I literally grew up hating to read.
Pedram
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pedram »

lazyluong wrote:It's fortunate and unfortunate that the light novels are being licenses. I just wish the arc was completed and fully translated before it was taken off :(

Oh well, nothing we can do about it. I will still like to thanks all the translator and editor who work on the two light novels. Without them, I would never come to appreciate both the light novel, and reading as a hobby since I literally grew up hating to read.

yeh , Wish Alicization was over and then it would be taken down , Like when i didnt start Vol 9 about Alicization yet , i didn't had such a earge too see whats next ! but after i start it and read first vol of arc , i keep reading or wanting to wait and read the next vol as soon as possible :|
testing1548523654125
Astral Realm

Post by testing1548523654125 »

Nura rihan wrote:
testing1548523654125 wrote: web version?
Sorry I don't get it...
I mean, How'd web version (those texts appeared on wordgear blog) of SAO be processed? Their licensing are different from pubklished version right?
Spoiler! :
Pedram wrote:OMGGGG :((((((((((((

two of the three alphabets are inter-convertable and the third one isn't really an alphabet and also possible to down-convert to kana...
Or would it be possible for you to leave iran or alter the country's international trade situation? XD
Spoiler! :
Nura rihan wrote:
TYLunaMoon wrote:Why not doing it as Shakugan no Shana?
Just tear down the released part.
If the first volume licensed up, just tear down the first volume in Baka-Tsuki.
Why must all of it been abondoned?
Isn't it was your blood, and sweat, and tear, and most of your effort for years?
Okay, I can be wrong, but I will put some points here:
  • First: If we maintain the series on the site, we will be only doing a crime. :)
  • Second: The first purpose of B-T was to incentive the licensing of the novels, once SAO and AW got licensed, B-T fulfil it's purpose, keeping the series on the site would be bad, it'll be betraying the first purpose.
  • Shakugan no Shana had a special condition which lead to restart translating, but it was first dropped though.
I can be wrong at my points, but this is how I see. :wink:

P.S. the ones who start translating here, are aware of the risks... :wink: Or at least I think everyone readed the common agreement... :roll:
And as The first purpose of B-T was to incentive the licensing of the novels, why don't let there be a page to show how popular each projects are on the site? (quantitative or not)
Feymeryl
Reader

Post by Feymeryl »

I just registered here, to show my gratitude for the fantranslation of Accel World and Sword Art Online. As I heard the news yesterday on the website of Yen Press, I immediately knew where my money will be heading to in 2014. :D

I immediately wondered what would happen here, but since the Haruhi translation was taken off at official release, I expected the same would happen for Accel World and SAO. Though I can see why some aren't happy with that, I only think it's fair towards the author and publisher to take the fantranslations off.

I had lots of fun reading the fantranslation, will gladly start over again with the official release and support the author's work. Thanks again to all the fantranslators!
testing1548523654125 wrote:The first purpose of B-T was to incentive the licensing of the novels, why don't let there be a page to show how popular each projects are on the site? (quantitative or not)
I agree with this. Wouldn't it be handy for the publishers if they could see how popular series are and how much they're being read over here? That way they can decide if something's a risk or not (that's the common reason I hear from some publishers about publishing LN in west, though I think LN's are really starting to grow in the west now compared to a few years back).
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

We have this page that tell the most popular pages if you want you can check there :wink:
Call me Nurin!

shinikage
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shinikage »

seeing how spice and wolf ended a couple years ago and yen press still have 6-7 vol yet to be released on English, isn't there a way to request for them to publish all the published vol on japan faster, i don't see why we have to be made to wait for material that is already published, they already proved that simultaneous releases can be made with the ch 30 of HOTD. to be honest is totally absurd that they think we will just sit around and wait for they to go at their own place, for god sake most of the translation works here have been done by a single guy in a month while having to deal with work/studies/rl and he/she is doing it as a hobby, why a paid translator cant better after all that is what he is being paid for, if they want to license it fine but we want em to do it fast if they want our money or get out of the way of the people that are doing it for free
Feymeryl
Reader

Post by Feymeryl »

Nura rihan wrote:We have this page that tell the most popular pages if you want you can check there :wink:
Oops, I have said nothing, then~ :lol:
(thanks for the link, bookmarked!)
Pedram
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pedram »

Nura rihan wrote:We have this page that tell the most popular pages if you want you can check there :wink:
heh nice xD also Sword Art Online FTW ! xD Rank 1 xD
cool to see my favs being top , i read SAO and High School DxD atm , and really Sad Zero No Tsukima's Author died was awesome story much much better than it's anime too :((((
gonna read Accel world later when i got time too

i Wish they would Release a Digital Version of the Books in Amazon and such lol xD like how i find Percy Jackson and Olympians and Heroes Of Olympus xD
yet Again ... if i gonna buy i wish i could get a Physical Version :|
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I've just reread through TLG's translation common agreement. Submitting new content now would be pretty much breaking no. 1.

Code: Select all

Section B Under no circumstances would you(b2) 1. submit works(a) that are licenced(d) in the country the server and/or the submitter is located in. 2. submit translated works(a) copied directly from an unauthorized source such as, but not limited to, online, written sources etc. . If you(b2) submit works(a) that have been authorized by their rights holder, permission, in the form of written/electronic/printed must be available upon request. All translated works(a) rights are properties of their respective translators. By submitting translated works(a) to this wiki(0) you(b2) agree that All works(a) will be deleted without warning upon request by the copyright holders..

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”