High School DxD

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading High School DxD ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 6821

Ravelive
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: High School DxD

Re: High School DxD

Post by Ravelive »

anime189 wrote:
Code-Zero wrote: Lucky I was awake to watch fifa......

Anyway, for translating DxD, the minimum requirement is for you to translate "half" a volume. At B-T, only two translators are allowed to work on a volume.
So you need to be sure you can atleast do half of the volume.
This series usually has 4 big chapters(Life.1, Life.2...etc).
By the way, how long have you studied Japanese?
Can you try and translate the whole life.1 first and see whether you are able to translate it(Since life.0 will be too short)?
Uhm, Code-Zero-san I am studying Japanese for 2 and a half years now already scored 85% + in both N5 and N4 was aiming N3 in the upcoming December Test, I have experience in TL anime (Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 Episode 11-13) and manga You can see the work I released here http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/gan-kon-r2296(Chapter 23-26)
And about a little concern I have from the start as my Native Language is not English, I tend to mess up with the Structure and Grammar parts sometimes. Does it need to be perfect to pass or will that do...? and for the side note I plan on doing the entire Novel by myself. Already finished with Life 0 yesterday but as TL'ing the novel which has no Furigana was kinda you know has a different/new feel in it. So my current speed is like 10 page/day right now. I don't know whether it is good or bad. But with this pace I think I can TL Life 1 in 6-8 days
maybe you can follow Code-Zero Method (like post your own translation work in your own blog), so all of us can read and look your work and give you a comment.
since i think it's will be great help for Code-Zero himself if somebody help him with the translation :) (even i think Code-Zero himself not facing any difficult doing his own translation :D)
High School DxD Indonesia Translator
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

About wanting to translate the whole volume 18....
Awesome! People who has high motivation of wanting to translate a series is always welcome.

Though I'm still not sure how accurate your translation is since I haven't read your translation yet.

Like Ravelive said, do you want to upload your translation in your blog after finishing life 1(or send it to me via email) so I can see how your translation is? I just need to see the accuracy of your translation to make the decision of having you translate it. After checking your work, I'll decide whether you are up for it or not.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

anime189 wrote:
Code-Zero wrote: Lucky I was awake to watch fifa......

Anyway, for translating DxD, the minimum requirement is for you to translate "half" a volume. At B-T, only two translators are allowed to work on a volume.
So you need to be sure you can atleast do half of the volume.
This series usually has 4 big chapters(Life.1, Life.2...etc).
By the way, how long have you studied Japanese?
Can you try and translate the whole life.1 first and see whether you are able to translate it(Since life.0 will be too short)?
Uhm, Code-Zero-san I am studying Japanese for 2 and a half years now already scored 85% + in both N5 and N4 was aiming N3 in the upcoming December Test, I have experience in TL anime (Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 Episode 11-13) and manga You can see the work I released here http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/gan-kon-r2296(Chapter 23-26)
And about a little concern I have from the start as my Native Language is not English, I tend to mess up with the Structure and Grammar parts sometimes. Does it need to be perfect to pass or will that do...? and for the side note I plan on doing the entire Novel by myself. Already finished with Life 0 yesterday but as TL'ing the novel which has no Furigana was kinda you know has a different/new feel in it. So my current speed is like 10 page/day right now. I don't know whether it is good or bad. But with this pace I think I can TL Life 1 in 6-8 days
As far as the grammar and and spelling leave that to us editors. As far as doing the TL if Code-Zero is cool with it then welcome aboard. :D
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

Code-Zero wrote:About wanting to translate the whole volume 18....
Awesome! People who has high motivation of wanting to translate a series is always welcome.

Though I'm still not sure how accurate your translation is since I haven't read your translation yet.

Like Ravelive said, do you want to upload your translation in your blog after finishing life 1(or send it to me via email) so I can see how your translation is? I just need to see the accuracy of your translation to make the decision of having you translate it. After checking your work, I'll decide whether you are up for it or not.
Yeah that will be the best way, as it's my first time TLing the Novel it makes me nervous, so a Senpai judging my work will be quite awesome! :D Though that being said I don't have any means to contact you.
Ravelive
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: High School DxD

Post by Ravelive »

anime189 wrote: Yeah that will be the best way, as it's my first time TLing the Novel it makes me nervous, so a Senpai judging my work will be quite awesome! :D Though that being said I don't have any means to contact you.
I Know what you feel :D
i'm feel same like you when try translating a DxD work for the first time (to my native language, of course). to think a harass comment will coming from reader maybe make you hesitated. but i know for sure that feeling just only in your mind and not exist in real world since translating is a hard thing to do and need a lot of efford

Since you are volunteer translator for this site, i think everyone in here will anticipated your work and think twice before commenting your work (only uneducated reader who will give you harass comment) :D

so when wait to get pass confirmation from DxD Project Leader for Baka-Tsuki (Code-Zero). I hope all of us can also see your V18 work too. :)
High School DxD Indonesia Translator
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

Ravelive wrote:
anime189 wrote: Yeah that will be the best way, as it's my first time TLing the Novel it makes me nervous, so a Senpai judging my work will be quite awesome! :D Though that being said I don't have any means to contact you.
I Know what you feel :D
i'm feel same like you when try translating a DxD work for the first time (to my native language, of course). to think a harass comment will coming from reader maybe make you hesitated. but i know for sure that feeling just only in your mind and not exist in real world since translating is a hard thing to do and need a lot of efford

Since you are volunteer translator for this site, i think everyone in here will anticipated your work and think twice before commenting your work (only uneducated reader who will give you harass comment) :D

so when wait to get pass confirmation from DxD Project Leader for Baka-Tsuki (Code-Zero). I hope all of us can also see your V18 work too. :)
I was really deeply touched by your reply Rave-senpai, I will do my best to stand up on your expectations . Life 0 is finished and Life 1 will be finished in 7 to 8 days I guess.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

You can send me a message to my BT account and attach it with your work.
Or just send it my email I use for translation purpose which is [email protected]
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

Code-Zero wrote:You can send me a message to my BT account and attach it with your work.
Or just send it my email I use for translation purpose which is [email protected]
Uhm, Should I post blog link here so that every staff member can see it? I made the blog today and uploaded the TL there Life 0 (100%) and Life .1 (56%).
HoennSquall
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by HoennSquall »

just a question, what's the current updated percentage for the translation of v16?
poldomancer
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by poldomancer »

HoennSquall wrote:just a question, what's the current updated percentage for the translation of v16?
maybe you're asking about volume 17?

from codezero's blog:
Edit: (05/07) Life.3 update(Mostly done)
HoennSquall
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by HoennSquall »

oh yeah 17, sorry

thanks too
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

Edit: (08/07) Life.3 Done. Life 4 updated(15%)
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Brazil tasting the worst defeat in their history....futhermore in their land. And when they were the host country.
Though I was actually rooting for the Germans so that was okay.

And hopefully I should be done with v17 soon.....if I can stay motivated enough.

anime189 wrote:
Code-Zero wrote:You can send me a message to my BT account and attach it with your work.
Uhm, Should I post blog link here so that every staff member can see it? I made the blog today and uploaded the TL there Life 0 (100%) and Life .1 (56%).
I actually thought you would send me atleast a single mail since you asked me how you can get in contact with me regarding the translation.... :?
Communicating allows us to know whether they are up for it and whether they can work as a group. That's what the other translators on this project did.

Also this thread is discussion of DxD. So talking if your translation is up to the satisfactory standard for it to be uploaded here and have you join the group will have other non-members see everything.
Vazkro
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vazkro »

Code-Zero, thanks as always for your hard work.
I am surprised there aren't more translators on a popular series such as Highschool DxD but that only makes me appreciate your translating even more.

Highschool DxD is just yummm, sure I read a bunch of other light novels but Highschool DxD really is hnnnng ^^
Novel-hunter
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Date A Live

Post by Novel-hunter »

The world cup finals are here literally around the corner i bet most translators and editors will take a break to watch it or work while they watch it.

Btw code zero great work on high school dxd. :D
Like truly sucks when things don't go the way you wanted... :(

Return to “High School DxD”