Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

Post by Sashiko »

Deanimation wrote:
btw Sashiko, I have a question if you don't mind.
Are there any fight scenes in volume 14?
Since it's the first part of an arc so I was expecting there may be none at all.
I would have to reread it to be sure but I believe the majority of the chapters have fight scenes.

Sashiko
TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Sashiko wrote: I would have to reread it to be sure but I believe the majority of the chapters have fight scenes.
Sashiko
Wow, Wow at last another epic volume have come out? :D Already eager to read it! :twisted:
MayonakaTV
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MayonakaTV »

I don't really remember seeing a blond guy in the anime.

All the character I can think of is illustrated in the novel.
Maybe Tsukasa Hajime (Blanche leader). Was his hair blond or was it white in the anime?
kazarko
Astral Realm

Post by kazarko »

So my copy finally arrived in the mail and I was wondering if anyone else got a character card insert in Vol 14 with character stats?
I'm curious if there are multiple cards for different characters or if everyone got the same one.
Spoiler! :
Mahouka_14_0004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

Dear MayonakaTV,

I have already said this once but, I will say it again 'the Blonde Guy' in the volume 14 Illustrations is not the character I said makes a surprise reappearance.

The clues are as follows:

1. Does not appear in at least the last three arcs: so not in books 9-13.
2. Does appear in the anime
3. The reappearance is unexpected
4. Does not appear in the Volume 14 illustrations

Have fun guessing.

Sashiko
OnyxObsidian
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OnyxObsidian »

Is it Mari? Or Sekimoto? Gosh this is hard.
SamuraiNCO
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SamuraiNCO »

Sashiko wrote: 1. Does not appear in at least the last three arcs: so not in books 9-13.
2. Does appear in the anime
3. The reappearance is unexpected
4. Does not appear in the Volume 14 illustrations
Sashiko
So we're looking for someone who only appeared in volumes 1-8 and were also in the anime...

There are 3 characters whose fates we never knew after volume 7 who would meet that criteria, Lu Gonghu, Chen Xiangshan, and Sekimoto Isao. Of those Sekimoto seems the most likely as he has a strong connection to the Thesis Competition.

I can't remember if Higaki Joseph survived the events in Okinawa but it would be cool to see him show up at some point. Interestingly enough there is a voice actor credit for him on Wiki but I don't remember seeing him in the anime.

Shiba Tatsurou and Sayuri haven't been featured recently but I would not classify their appearance as unexpected. Beyond them I can't really think of anyone else since so many characters appear in the Parasite Doll arc even if only briefly at the graduation ceremony.

I'll be interested to find out who it ends up being.
pampz21
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pampz21 »

Hirakawa's sister?
pupun
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pupun »

yotsuba miya i guess
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Damn, that leaves a lot of possibilities. But since you said unexpected, I'm assuming Ono Haruka, Tatsurou, Sayuri and anyone from the 101st (unless there is an unexpected new member) would not constitute unexpected.
pupun wrote:yotsuba miya i guess
She's dead; so that would be REALLY unexpected :D

I agree with SamuraiNCO, that Joe would be a possibility. And we don't know about Lu or Chen, except that Chen is most likely alive, since Miyuki said:
"You can take a small nap. I've made great strides so I guarantee you will not sleep forever."
What about Richard Sun? Or his daughter Lin?
cirogatsuu
Astral Realm

Post by cirogatsuu »

kazarko wrote:So my copy finally arrived in the mail and I was wondering if anyone else got a character card insert in Vol 14 with character stats?
I'm curious if there are multiple cards for different characters or if everyone got the same one.
Spoiler! :
Mahouka_14_0004.jpg
i saw the same card posted in another forum, so i assume everyone got the same one
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

Lin is a possibility and so is Morisaki, we haven't heard from either since Volume 5. The same goes for Subaru as well. It could also be Mibu's dad for all we know.

ps Are you going to tell us when we guess it right?
Flash
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flash »

Mahesvara wrote:Lin is a possibility and so is Morisaki, we haven't heard from either since Volume 5. The same goes for Subaru as well. It could also be Mibu's dad for all we know.

ps Are you going to tell us when we guess it right?
Morisaki was in vol12.
Mithradates
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mithradates »

Its going to be the owner of Eiene Brise and his father who owns the similar coffee shop(?) in Yokohama. They are going to be visiting the sister who has a coffee shop in Kyoto. (This year's thesis competition is in Kyoto right?)
KyleX4
Astral Realm

Post by KyleX4 »

It is Minoru Kudou, there are illustrations and its confirmed, done. The blond guy I mean, he's the genius in the summary and spoiler. He is not the guy sachiko is asking you about though. Darkgo Type in Mahouka vol. 14, go to forums.animesuki.com, click on the Mahouka (LN/M) blue link near the top of the page then go to Mahouka LN - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volume 14) Discussion / Poll, go to page three of that discussion, and CatRules(who has a plain white cat avatar) posted the illustrations. You click the show button next to spoilers for more pics and there you go. :wink:

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”