Mahouka - Steeplechase Arc : Volume 13

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka - Steeplechase Arc : Volume 13

Post by nr42 »

You need a Baka-tsuki account (not a forum account) to register for translation.
seitsuki
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by seitsuki »

No idea who the person who updated ch5 is but I at least won't be working on it so more power to you. Same applies to ch6 if anyone wants to go on.
Shuiko
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

seitsuki wrote:No idea who the person who updated ch5 is but I at least won't be working on it so more power to you. Same applies to ch6 if anyone wants to go on.

I wonder how sad Miyuki is now.
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

What happened to us, it seems the magic is gone. People seem to be slowly trying to finish it off but it makes me wonder about the future of the project. The people who got the project here no longer seem to be as interested :( .
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

It's really slow, but we are in summer, and everyone wants to have fun. What's wrong with that?

Well, I hope, Dreyakis will soon come back.
Shuiko
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

crisisavatar wrote:What happened to us, it seems the magic is gone. People seem to be slowly trying to finish it off but it makes me wonder about the future of the project. The people who got the project here no longer seem to be as interested :( .
Meh the original Translators were mostly Chinese to English. So translation to Translation takes longer. Plus who knows where they are now. This project is still really popular and one of the best LN there is available through TL, so we can hope.
mechbear
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mechbear »

seitsuki wrote:No idea who the person who updated ch5 is but I at least won't be working on it so more power to you. Same applies to ch6 if anyone wants to go on.
Hi, just to check. Does this mean permission is granted to anyone who wants to finish up the book directly? OR still need to find a project leader to ask for permission and register chapter? ( Chapter 5 is registered, 2,6,7,8 is not).
kazarko
Astral Realm

Post by kazarko »

For anyone that have already read the later chapters, I do have a question...
Spoiler! :
Does anyone else think Zhou Gongjin is going to make a chimera monster out of Kuroba Mitsugu's arm that got bit off?
He seems to have gotten away with it when he used the dog shaped howling tengu (he referenced that he still had an ancient "god" to help him so maybe this is the wingless version)and that monster was suggested to be created artificially.
Now even if the arm did get regenerated, does the original part that the dog ate disappear or is the original copy of the arm now a clone?
This part of the magic seems confusing because now there exist two copies of the same edios, one now whole body and one incomplete(arm) in the dog's mouth.
Even if the arm was located in some far away location, would the super power delete its existence when it reverts the changes in the original edios?
I'm also very curious about this artificial body creation magic.
On the other hand if the Tengu took 10 years to prepare, this type of magic is seriously difficult to use and might fall into the category of ancient magic?
Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dreyakis »

mechbear wrote:
Hi, just to check. Does this mean permission is granted to anyone who wants to finish up the book directly? OR still need to find a project leader to ask for permission and register chapter? ( Chapter 5 is registered, 2,6,7,8 is not).
Chapter 7 is registered now. I have a bit of catching up to do, so I'll be reviewing Volume 13 prior to diving back into Chapter 7.

Now, let's see if we can get this volume wrapped up before Volume 14 hits.
No angel ever descended from the heavens with our sound and fury.

Drop by here if you have any questions regarding upcoming chapter progression/what series I am working on.
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

Woot! In our time of need our savior has returned to us!
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

I don't know what to say, I feel typing yay over and over again would barely cover it. Welcome back Drey :D
Rava
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rava »

kazarko wrote:For anyone that have already read the later chapters, I do have a question...
Spoiler! :
Does anyone else think Zhou Gongjin is going to make a chimera monster out of Kuroba Mitsugu's arm that got bit off?
He seems to have gotten away with it when he used the dog shaped howling tengu (he referenced that he still had an ancient "god" to help him so maybe this is the wingless version)and that monster was suggested to be created artificially.
Now even if the arm did get regenerated, does the original part that the dog ate disappear or is the original copy of the arm now a clone?
This part of the magic seems confusing because now there exist two copies of the same edios, one now whole body and one incomplete(arm) in the dog's mouth.
Even if the arm was located in some far away location, would the super power delete its existence when it reverts the changes in the original edios?
I'm also very curious about this artificial body creation magic.
On the other hand if the Tengu took 10 years to prepare, this type of magic is seriously difficult to use and might fall into the category of ancient magic?
It's not confusing at all. As Miyuki mentioned, Regrowth treats the change like it never happened.
Spoiler! :
So if it was being consistent with the previous incidents, the arm that was in the dog's mouth disappears because it's been reassembled back to Mitsugu's arm.
It's bad naming, because it doesn't actually do what the name "Regrowth" implies.
mechbear
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mechbear »

Cool!! Dreyakis is back. I was going to try and translate but now we can relax :>
Rei
Astral Realm

Post by Rei »

Dreyakis wrote:Chapter 7 is registered now. I have a bit of catching up to do, so I'll be reviewing Volume 13 prior to diving back into Chapter 7.

Thank you!!!!!!!
tatsuyama
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tatsuyama »

Dreyakis wrote:
mechbear wrote: Hi, just to check. Does this mean permission is granted to anyone who wants to finish up the book directly? OR still need to find a project leader to ask for permission and register chapter? ( Chapter 5 is registered, 2,6,7,8 is not).
Chapter 7 is registered now. I have a bit of catching up to do, so I'll be reviewing Volume 13 prior to diving back into Chapter 7.

You would not believe how much my face lit up after reading this.
Last edited by yoyoyo5678 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I fixed quote tag

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”