Mahouka: General

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 7748

SkyZenith
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka: General

Post by SkyZenith »

We might have some idea about that actually, if the other non-prominent school would be featured in the next Nine Schools Competition. But, when thinking about it, only First, Second, and Third High has 200 students (off-topic, but is it really implied that Second High and Third High has Second Course Students? I know that it's what you would think because if First doesn't have enough teachers, then logically Second and Third wouldn't have enough as well. But since the actual root of the problem is from the difference in uniform for the First, it makes me want to think otherwise.), and only them and Ninth has won the Nine School Competition. So while there might be some cases that an outlier student is found there, it is more likely that the people that would notice Kudou's trick is enrolled in one of those three.

On the other hand, if there would be some prominent people for the next Competition in the other school, then it would have to be the Kuroba Twins, or some foreign spies that would've enrolled there (USNA or GAA spy in my opinion, just like Lina). Or, it would've been other children from the Ten Master House.
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

Foreign exchange student are pretty rare. Because, each country wants to keep to themselves their Magicians. Lina's case of last year, is an exception, and it was known ahead of time.
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Yeah, and also everyone knew she was a spy :) (though she seemed not to realize this) I kind of doubt they would appoint someone so dangerous into Nine schools competition even if he/she had the skills of Lina. You know, while it is not on the level of military secret, there is quite a lot of advanced magic and all, not something you would like to show to other country for free :).
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Zuruumi wrote:Yeah, and also everyone knew she was a spy :) (though she seemed not to realize this) I kind of doubt they would appoint someone so dangerous into Nine schools competition even if he/she had the skills of Lina.
Well, the important people 'knew' anyway. And it's probably expected that Lina wouldn't realise it; she really was the wrong person for the job, and only really doing it most likely because she was the only person young enough with enough experience for the task.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

It is also possible, that she was sent to the first high because they didn´t really believe that High Schooler might be on strategic class level so they assigned Tatsuya and Miyuki low priority and needed Lina just for her fighting potential. Basicaly something like:"We don´t care if she is found out, we need her just to fight and in the meantime... let her try doing a spy or something".
Guest2
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Guest2 »

Its interesting that there is so much speculation going on about what her role was. Wasn't it explained at the beginning of the arc what her role was to be, and that she wasn't chosen for covert action and was given back up personnel with special abilities to do that.
SkyZenith
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SkyZenith »

And neither was she chosen for her martial prowess. It's only because she is the most fitting to be a high school student.

Anyway, me saying foreign spies was just speculation on my part since Mahesvara is already the target of a big organization.
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Hey does someone remember where 'Sakurakouji Akaha' (class B- 1 ) appear in the story?- a picture with her name is shown in volumes 6-7.

Edit: In the site the name which is written next to the picture is in japanese (in the pdf I downloaded it is in english).
It is the second picture of the right column in page 11 in both V07-V06.
Link to my user on B-T
Sashiko
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

'Sakurakouji Akaha' (class B- 1 ) (now B-2) was part of the freshmen girls team in the first nine schools competition but, I am not sure she got to speak. However, she was also in Amilia in Wonderland and appears in an illustration with Satomi Subaru.

BTW, I have read something in Volume 13 that makes me think she will not even be mentioned in that volume but, I could be wrong

Sashiko
caiooa
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by caiooa »

Xiose
Astral Realm

Post by Xiose »

From what I understand it is a story written by the author that will be bundled with the 1st volume of the Mahouka anime.
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

I really want to see Tatsuya scare the piss out of a Great Asian Alliance soldier with a "I'm Mahesvara." during an interrogation.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

I have one question. I am rereading (again) the old volumes and there is one thing I never managed to uderstand. In volume 3 immediatelly after the bus incident there is this:
Originally, Mari wanted to ask the question "Do you know who used Counter Magic to erase those Magic Sequences?"
In the middle, she ruminated on whether she wanted to know the answer.
For some reason, Mari felt that the answer would cause devastating damage to "certain" objects in her immediate vicinity.
Who was she refering to? Was it Morisaki, Hattori or who?
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

Read volume 4 and you will discover it... And after that incident, Mari took a look at someone...
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Zuruumi wrote:Who was she refering to? Was it Morisaki, Hattori or who?
I'm guessing Course 1 students in general. But I agree that it's quite vague.
Last edited by nr42 on Fri May 02, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”