Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 834

sleepy920
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Post by sleepy920 »

Pryun wrote:Do teasers need editing?

As in, are drive by editors encouraged to edit teasers?
I don't see any restrictions that would prevent you from doing it. If it needs editing weather it's a teaser or not you should still be able to edit it even as a drive-by editor.
Freedom203
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Freedom203 »

Okay I've rushed Chapter 2 for a CNY update, and it's complete. If there are typos/errors/whatnot, forgive me for that because it was done at 2am.

I think I'll do chapter 4 after CNY.
tranhieu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tranhieu »

Freedom203 wrote:Okay I've rushed Chapter 2 for a CNY update, and it's complete. If there are typos/errors/whatnot, forgive me for that because it was done at 2am.

I think I'll do chapter 4 after CNY.
Wao, I won't have to spend my CNY this year alone thanks to you guys. I will report here if there's any error spotted.
btw happy cny to everyone ;)
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I'm in the procrastinating mode right now......
tranhieu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tranhieu »

Just read through the 1st 2 chapters and noticed some typos in chapter 1:
But even so, does that mean you have you place your things here……
Most of the things in the bags ere food, and then there were towels, socks, underwear and the likes.
“Though you’re saying that, guys deal with these stuff quite hastily.”
<-isnt 'stuff' uncountable? that's how I normally use it, but it might be different for other people though.
“Ah, really? That’s great. Then, then…… Just for half a day, can you please help to take care of my kids?”
help taking care?
That’s odd. Don’t people that a friendship would be born after two opponents battled with all their might or something like that?
chapter 2 seems to be flawless, though there are bits that don't flow very well, but nevertheless, splendid work! looking forward to the other chapters! :)
Zephyrus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zephyrus »

I tend to type quickly and not check back, so there would usually be some mistakes. =X
Feel free to edit them whenever you see it, as BT is a wiki, after all.
Freedom203
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Freedom203 »

Well for the parts that don't flow well in chapter 2, chances are it's either I couldn't find a better way to phrase it, or it was due to a lack of sleep or both.

I'm going to take my time with Chapter 4, because I don't have much time this week. I'm also going to update the page once I've finished the entire chapter, instead of just leaving it hanging.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Editors, keep narration in past tense and monologue in present tense.

Freedom, please take your time. You can update any time you want to, but please save your work somewhere safe in case unexpected things happen to it. :)

I'll finish chapter 6 tomorrow (probably) and go back to Itsuten for a while.
Freedom203
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Freedom203 »

That happened to me the other day, so I do have copies in my external hard drive.

And maybe as I translate I'll keep note of the monologue or narrations so I'll do in the respective tenses. It'll save some time at any rate.
novelworm
Astral Realm

Post by novelworm »

The verb help can go with either bare or to infinitive not a gerund.
I would like to contribute some illustration for the noovel if it's ok
fazri
Astral Realm

Post by fazri »

i want said thanks for translating this novel.
this novel really heart warming,but not make us to sad,it give me soothing feeling when i read it.
it make me remember manga ARIA.
this novel not make me addicted but still make me want to know more and more.
i hope this novel translation will go till all volume.
for translator thank you very much.
i will wait the next update with patiently but i hope new update for this wonderfull novel will comes up soon.
Freedom203
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Freedom203 »

I am really sorry for the delay on Volume 2 Chapter 2, what with meetings and exams and even more last minute meetings. I'll try to finish as fast as my time can allow, unless Zephyrus wants to take over. Really sorry for the delay.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Freedom203 wrote:I am really sorry for the delay on Volume 2 Chapter 2, what with meetings and exams and even more last minute meetings. I'll try to finish as fast as my time can allow, unless Zephyrus wants to take over. Really sorry for the delay.
Don't worry about it. Except for Mahouka manga, I myself have not been translating anything for nearly three weeks (work plus mugging plus retirement mood). Unless you are not planning to work on it for a long time (2 months is my standard), I'll suggest you continue with it. It's not a crucial chapter that will block the readers anyway. For those who are waiting for it, they will get the enjoyment of reading several chapters at one go once you are done. Maybe you can register a further chapter after this, depending on your schedule. You should get a hang of your translating output by now, and together with your expected schedule, you should be in a better position to judge. You can take on even volume 7 or 8 if you want. Or you might want to take on shorter chapters. It all depends on you. Zephyrus is one of the current 3 Gods of BT (Teh_Ping, js06, and Zephyrus), so you don't need to use him as a yardstick. The rest of us are just as slow, if not slower. :lol:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

^Well, Zephyrus IS a god. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

larethian wrote:. Zephyrus is one of the current 3 Gods of BT (Teh_Ping, js06, and Zephyrus), so you don't need to use him as a yardstick. The rest of us are just as slow, if not slower. :lol:
Since when are we gods? 俺は人間だ!

Well, as a peer in this, what I would advise is, 'don't compare, especially in speed'. Just be confident in yourself and continue on.
Kira0802 wrote:^Well, Zephyrus IS a god. :lol:
On the other side, I see Kratos.

Return to “Abandoned”