Date a Live: General

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Date a Live ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 3084

AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Date a Live: General

Post by AKAAkira »

...Just a note on something I found somewhat "interesting", not sure if someone talked about this before...

I was looking up the names for Kurumi's various bullets (the spelling of which, by the way, we should probably decide the definitive one source of--following Wikipedia would mean "Aleph" should be "Alef", while that other source in the names&terminologies talk page spells thing more traditional Hebrew (I think), so "Bet" is "Beth", "Het" is "Cheth", etc...) and basically, I now know they more or less account for the first ten of the Hebrew alphabet (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_alphabet#Alphabet). So anyway, the interesting thing I was talking about was, well, the second last letter in said alphabet is "Shin". As in, what Reine calls Shidou.

...Foreshadowing?
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

It's very interesting but I don't see the connection- although I don't know it so much since I won't start reading V06 until V07 is completed.
I think that will better to write only by the 'Unicode' way (don't write in 'MW' - whatever it mean- it is less correct)
Link to my user on B-T
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Haven't thy watchethed the anime?
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Rage_Ender wrote:Haven't thy watchethed the anime?
I watchethed but I don't remember the spells, so...
Link to my user on B-T
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AKAAkira »

Oh, you can derive all sorts of interpretations from it, just from knowing that Kurumi's powers' naming scheme stems from an alphabet which can be connected to "Shin". Such as:

1. Shidou, even if not a Spirit himself, might be the product of some other Spirit's power(s).
2. There are other powers that are named after the rest of the Hebrew alphabet, possibly possessed by other humans.
3. Reine knows something and she's not telling what.

Speaking of, there's an interesting tidbit on Reine's page in DAL wikia that guesses at who she really is, and if it's true, it suddenly makes a lotta sense why she might call Shidou "Shin".
Flowers-LavDai
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flowers-LavDai »

Umm...
I just added the extra volume: Volume 0 April 9 into the LN Side Stories page...
Is it alright if I did that...
RikiNutcase
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by RikiNutcase »

Well, apparently......Someone decided to re-edit the color illustration inside again...... :shock:

Edit: Okay done fixing. keep a look out xd
Flowers-LavDai
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flowers-LavDai »

RikiNutcase wrote:Well, apparently......Someone decided to re-edit the color illustration inside again...... :shock:

Edit: Okay done fixing. keep a look out xd
Is that person me? :?:
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AKAAkira »

Nah, Riki's talking about this guy: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 46.192.171. You post just happened to be the immediately prior one when Riki commented here.
Flowers-LavDai
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flowers-LavDai »

AKAAkira wrote:Nah, Riki's talking about this guy: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 46.192.171. You post just happened to be the immediately prior one when Riki commented here.
Thanks for the explanation!!!
Shadowsinner
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shadowsinner »

UrobrouS wrote:Hi guys - i might be really rude and not even know it by asking this - do forgive me as it is my first post on bakatsuki (:D) - but is there any deadline/estimated date/guess about when will new date a live chapters might finish translation?
also - any idea why the translators chose to completely bypass some chapters and even volumes to translate ahead? like volume 7 for example - if i'm not mistaken it has not even been touched for some 3-4 months and is left with 3 untranslated chapters plus the epilogue, even though two whole volumes after it (v.8+9) have been fully translated and seemingly translation of v.10 is beginning?

i'm quite concerned about it and i am REALLY looking forward to finishing v.7, as i cannot advance in the story without it.

seriously, anything is good - just give some info please.
Info about the translations will be hard as the guy who is translating volume 7 at the moment is banned from the forum/site for some unknown reason. Updates to volume 7 will take a while if it can't get resolved. He explained it on his blog and that it happened about a month ago.
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AKAAkira »

Looking at his blog, Tsuchiura is actually progressing nicely on Volume 7--apparently he's about halfway done the last chapter as of (around) April 9, 2014.

On the other hand, the translator who reserved the chapter before the last chapter's apparently been MIA since he reserved it. It's more likely that the problem would come from there.

(BTW, Tsuchiura's only blocked from the forum (I think) and should be able to edit the wiki fine. I went and passed along his problem over at the "I got flagged as a spam bot" thread... About a month late, but still.)
Crimsonflair
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crimsonflair »

AKAAkira wrote:Looking at his blog, Tsuchiura is actually progressing nicely on Volume 7--apparently he's about halfway done the last chapter as of (around) April 9, 2014.

On the other hand, the translator who reserved the chapter before the last chapter's apparently been MIA since he reserved it. It's more likely that the problem would come from there.

(BTW, Tsuchiura's only blocked from the forum (I think) and should be able to edit the wiki fine. I went and passed along his problem over at the "I got flagged as a spam bot" thread... About a month late, but still.)
Thanks for the info, I wrote a comment on what had happened on his blog.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Hooo.... the second season is here.... I hate being spoiled by the anime first just like last time... I just can't resist the urge of downloading everything when the season is finished and watched them in a marathon. I hope V 7 is done by then.... hopefully....
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Flowers-LavDai
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flowers-LavDai »

I could translate the Short Stories from Chinese --> English if you guys don't mind
But I don't want to become a translator since I don't want people to have hopes on me...
But is it alright for me to only translate the Short Stories?

Note: It's gonna take a long time if I do, since I have schoolwork and stuff...

Return to “Date A Live”