Alternate Language Projects sorted

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Alternate Language Projects sorted

Post by Darklor »

Do you know a easy way to sort the Alternate Language Projects in the wiki under their respective languages?

Maybe with language categories? Or only handsorted as a list?

At the moment there are only 46 alternate language projects, but if their numbers rises further something like that could come in handy...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Alternate Language Projects sorted

Post by onizuka-gto »

mmm.....can you do sub-categories in the wiki?

List them all under a "alternative Language" page, that sub-divides into their respective languages?

Is that what you are suggesting?

I've noticed quite a heavy traffic on each of these alternative language projects, it's a pleasant surprise.

Nothing like being the hub of the light novel interweb! :lol: :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

But you never know what they might be plotting behind our backs! I keep checking in on the French Fate/Stay Night thread and it's all jibberish!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

onizuka-gto wrote:mmm.....can you do sub-categories in the wiki?

List them all under a "alternative Language" page, that sub-divides into their respective languages?

I've noticed quite a heavy traffic on each of these alternative language projects, it's a pleasant surprise.

Nothing like being the hub of the light novel interweb! :lol: :roll:
I was just thinking about to give every Alternate Language Project a second category for their respective language and link from the Alternate Language Category overview to those Category pages or something like that (if they are not created automatical) - it works in the big wiki so why not this wiki, too ;)

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Could I try it?

Darklor

thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

I think dividing them up would be a good idea. Right now when a visitor comes to the wiki, he doesn't know what other languages are available for each series.

Darklor, do you want to do a trial run first?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I dont know if we think the same - I was only thinking about sorting this page http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _Languages ;)

You, too? Or did you refer to a more visible general sorting at http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... =Main_Page or at the sidebar? (For that I wouldnt really have an idea (beside the Baka-Tsuki wiki had a project overview in every through a project represented language, hmm or a general project overview page where also the alternate language projects were listed... ;) something that were discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2956 (only with also added links to alternate language projects ;)) ))

My idea was only to link from the Alternative Languages Category page (with a genral overview) to a overview for the respective languages

Also a question would be if this would not be accomplished through some lists but through categorisation if the category should be written as the english term for the language or in/with the term of/in the respective language...

Testing:I did a little testrun with my Wiki:Username and a Category named Deutsch as an example - if you like to take a look... (without categorisation would be a page which lists the projects of the respective language behind the respective language link ;))

Darklor

Subete
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Subete »

Some languages have just one project (Haruhi). Wouldn't it be a waste of time (and page, lol) to create a link for each language ? It should be easier to put everything on the same page ?

Instead of the current page and instead of :

SUBCATEGORIES
D
.Deutsch (and in Deutsch Page, put Haruhi german, Toradora german etc...)

you could create :

SUBCATEGORIES
GERMAN/DEUTSCH
.Haruhi
.Toradora
.etc...

just an idea
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Categories create their own pages, thats the beauty of it but youre right it could be added as a list or sub points at the page of the Alternative Language Category, too, but then someone would have to maintain the list, while otherwise only every new Alternative Language project gets a second Category tag and is automatically sorted into the right language subcategory (if not something else gets wrong) ;)
onizuka-gto wrote:mmm.....can you do sub-categories in the wiki?

And yeah, you can. :D - That could be confirmed while testing... ;)

And yes. :mrgreen:

Darklor

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”