Reporting: Old comments removed

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Novium
Astral Realm

Reporting: Old comments removed

Post by Novium »

I just edited out a shitload of old comments on the wiki (on most projects in fact).
Where I felt it prudent i simplified stuff to one instead of ten comments.

Anyone not approving, suffering grevious mental damage or generally hating beacuse of this can say so here.
Personally, I'm feeling pretty proud about it.

And btw: Hello community; I hath unlurked after long lurking.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Reporting: Old comments removed

Post by Darklor »

Hmm - I dont like it, but no idea how the others think about it...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

what? they should remain there for tracking and reference purposes, unless they are really senseless and irrelevant...
kuroi_shinigami
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

I also would like the comment to be left for tracking purpose, and let the original translator erase it instead when he/she feels it necessary.
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

I suppose youre talking about the talk pages? Pretty much a waste of time, I think. Besides, personally Im happy about any comments I get.
Novium
Astral Realm

Post by Novium »

Well, I removed comments along the like:
"hi gaiz, I just saw no updates where made for a year! Are you continuing the project?! " - Anon 2009 March.

Ofc you don't remove discussions on titels or the like. Or unresolved issues for that matter.

But then again, take a look at the talk pages i left undisturbed; say the ZnT and To Aru.
It's just a mess, and comments about things that the main page clearly states.
Updates, translated volumes, when the next chapter is out ( A brain is required to evaluate this :wink: )

I think you guys do a great work at answering these questions in a nice way.
But do they need to be there 3-4 years later? Because such was what I mainly removed.

I can leave it to translators hence on forth - but it seems to me that they/you are better bothered with the questions that matter.

Cheers.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

this is a wiki. and that's what the talk pages are meant for. for people to talk about stuff. only project pages need to be kept clean. or the user pages if the owner decides so. enough said.

edit: though the supervisor of the project might be free to decide otherwise
Novium
Astral Realm

Post by Novium »

this is a wiki. and that's what the talk pages are meant for. for people to talk about stuff
So you plan to keep a ten year record? Sure.
You might notice that I did not touch your post/projects in anticipiation of said opinion Larethian. It was kinda obvious ;D
enough said.
But I don't think you understood what it was I was adverse to.
This is a translation wiki and forum. That should basically mean questions in forums and musings/translation issues in the discussion right?

I wouldn't want to deal with a load of non-timestamped irrelevants as a translator.
But as I said, it's your choice. I just wanted to make my point.
Do as you like; and i'll go back to proofing. Cheers.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Thank you for your contribution Novium, Although your proposal was eventually over ruled.

I appreciate the transparency and taking the time to follow the recommended guidelines by creating a discussion thread regarding major change on the wiki. :D

I hope you will continue to look for improvement in the betterment of the wiki and will not hesitate to initiate another proposal again.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well, I think removing the idiotic comments would be nice.

"OMGZ, WHERE IS TEH ZNT *insert Chapter Here* PL0X?!" would be what I mean by idiotic.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

you can classify such comments as vandalism, which would warrant removal. though such classification are best left to the consul and his custodians. I personally would classify it as vandalism, just like you, Poke. :D

Elder Magus Oni, I think you need some kind of new rules posted on the front page? and maybe update this?: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3194

and maybe this as well?: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=936

for the project start-up threads, maybe link them in the future projects subforum as well??
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:and maybe this as well?: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=936

for the project start-up threads, maybe link them in the future projects subforum as well??
Well, for the project start-up, it really needs to be reformed. It seems that no one is following the rules, especially the one-week deadline...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well the rules are a bit convoluted....

I DECLARE WE NEED TO DO REFORMS!
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Poke2201 wrote:Well the rules are a bit convoluted....

I DECLARE WE NEED TO DO REFORMS!

That's all good and all, but what types of reform?

Shouting it out that we need "reforms", doesn't work very well....usually... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well alright, if thats what you want....
Onizuka-GTO wrote:6) After you have fulfil the above points, you must contact a Wiki Supervisor by Email and P.M (optional) with a link to the Forum post of the requested Series.

Wiki Supervisors:

Onizuka-GTO

Darkoneko

Bicube

The_Naming_Game

Velocity7

It is heavily advised that you contact ALL the above mention.

Please wait for a reply.
I really think we should extend the field into Senior Translators/update the supervisors list so it technically fits with all project supervisors. That way we don't get a giant backlog of novels we can translate.

Onizuka-gto wrote:Guidelines

In order to have your project approved, you must do one or both of the following:

* Register on the forum and contact a member of Administration about your intention and affirm your commitment to the project.

* Publish ONE TRANSLATED CHAPTER within ONE WEEK on the wiki complete with a Main Page and a Registration Page.

In both cases you you must publish at leased ONE TRANSLATED CHAPTER in the respected language you wish to use.

My best advice is to contact a member of Administration, (we are very understanding) and you will have an unlimited time to start your project and will not be constraint by the ONE WEEK deadline.

Failure to comply to Wiki-communist state guidelines, will result in serious consequences.

The state cannot tolerate unauthorized and unlisted projects, no matter how well intentional they are.
Then the 1 week rule... I think that it would be best to make the petitioner/translator do 1 chapter before approval.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”