Outstanding Pages - Reform Policy

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Outstanding Pages - Reform Policy

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well while I still have time to spare this morning, I had a little browse of the Wiki, and by the way, I like the little yellow box at the bottom that gave me information such as access count and such. But oneo f the things I noticed, was the "Donation" page that always seem to bother me now.

The further I look there were more pages such as those, i.e. the "about" page at the bottom.

I propose a overhaul of these pages, we either remove them, fill them or change them for something else.

I would like replacement ideas, or even draft scripts of what to put in them if we keep it.

Please also point out other pages I may have missed.

Thanks.

:)
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Besides the "Privacy policy" and "About Baka-Tsuki" links, is there anything specific you're referring to?

=Smidge=
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

not really, but if you got anything that i should consider, please tell me.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Well, "Privacy Policy" is pretty straightforward.
The Baka-Tsuki Privacy Policy is very straightforward:

-E-mail addresses are collected during the registration process and are used only for identifying you and sending automatic/mass messages about Wiki activity. E-mail addresses are not shared with third parties or displayed publically.

-Baka-Tsuki staff will never ask for your password. Don't give it to anyone, ever.

-Baka-Tsuki does not require any personal information such as age, gender, location etc and will never ask for such information. While you are free to disclose this information yourself, posting personal information on the internet is strongly discouraged.
Really don't need more than that, right? I'll think about the "About" page.
=Smidge=
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Well, at least we got rid of the current events page :P
/me claws out throat and dies
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Smidge204 wrote:Well, "Privacy Policy" is pretty straightforward.
The Baka-Tsuki Privacy Policy is very straightforward:

-E-mail addresses are collected during the registration process and are used only for identifying you and sending automatic/mass messages about Wiki activity. E-mail addresses are not shared with third parties or displayed publically.

-Baka-Tsuki staff will never ask for your password. Don't give it to anyone, ever.

-Baka-Tsuki does not require any personal information such as age, gender, location etc and will never ask for such information. While you are free to disclose this information yourself, posting personal information on the internet is strongly discouraged.
Really don't need more than that, right? I'll think about the "About" page.
=Smidge=
sounds good to me.

@Onizukademongto
Shadowfall
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowfall »

Hmm, for the about page you could just put a paragraph about the whole project for anyone new to the site, like how the wiki is a mish-mash of unlicensed translated franchises, translators, editors etc, and with a forum attached, maybe pull in some of the intro stuff from other pages into it.

I think you'd need some significantly better words than that though ._.;
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Our donation page is currently just a lot of thankyous, perhaps a comment page would be better?

<.< then again isn't that what this board is supposed to be?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Not a bad place to start though, Shadowfall.

First off-the-cuff draft:
About Baka-Tsuki

The Baka-Tsuki project was started on April 15, 2006 by "Big Boss" thelastguardian originally for the purpose of translating the immensely popular "Suzumiya Haruhi" series of light novels. Since then, we have continued work on the "Suzumiya Haruhi" series and expanded to other light novels.

Baka-Tsuki differs from your typical fan translation group in several important ways.

First, we are not a cohesive group. Rather, we are a collection of people who hold roughly similar interests. There is little in the way of control structure or specialized tasks, and we are very open to anyone who wishes to come and go - even to the point to allowing anonymous edits and contributions (within limits). To join the ranks of Baka-Tsuki one only needs to show up and contribute what they can.

Second, we deal exclusively in the "light novel" genre, which is somewhat rare since most groups focus on anime and manga.

But perhaps the most notable about Baka-Tsuki is, unlike other fan translation groups, we do not "release" anything. All of our translations exist on the B-T MediaWiki page, and are always open for discussion and revision. Each project is a living document that is never truly "finished" but merely complete.

The Baka-Tsuki project is also open to hosting translation projects started by other, established groups as well as abandoned projects. Pending approval by the "Big Boss," anyone with the desire and ambition can request to start a project of their own.

Due to these unique traits, Baka-Tsuki is viewed by its members to be a fan translation community rather than a group, and we welcome anyone who wants to join us.
=Smidge=
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I think Big Boss started translating SuzuHaru before it became popular... I remember him mentioning that SuzuHaru was one of his favourite novels BEFORE the KyoAni anime version went on air.
British Librarian Agent
Astral Realm

TeH pApEr

Post by British Librarian Agent »

HolyCow wrote:I think Big Boss started translating SuzuHaru before it became popular... I remember him mentioning that SuzuHaru was one of his favourite novels BEFORE the KyoAni anime version went on air.
/Check update Archives on wiki

:roll:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

about page text posted.

except for the first paragraph which i have reworded, the rest is smidge.

check the first draft out.

:)
The Baka-Tsuki project was started on November 11, 2005 by "Big Boss" thelastguardian, which was his most "favourite" novel, he loved it so much, he wanted to share with others, by December 24, 2005 the first translated chapter was published to a silent reception. unfortunately, time and personal commitment forced his hands and he regretfully had to put a side.
Fast forward to April 15, 2006 KyoAni Aired the animation based on the novel, sense a shift in the tide,thelastguardian moved his work to the still new wiki format to encourage new people who wanted to know more about the original source to help him out to bring this religion to the world.
Thus Haruhiism was reborn over night.
Since then, we have continued work on the "Suzumiya Haruhi" series and expanded to other light novels.

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Some rewording to Oni's edit:
The Suzumiya Haruhi translation project was started on November 11, 2005 by the "Big Boss" thelastguardian, which he stated was his most "favourite" novel series. He loved it so much that he wanted to share with others, and by December 24, 2005 the first translated chapter was published, to a silent reception. Unfortunately, time and personal commitments forced his hands and he regretfully had to put a side.

Fast forward to April 15, 2006, KyoAni aired an anime based on the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series. Sensing a shift in the tide, the "Big Boss" moved his work to the still new wiki format and, in order to encourage new people who wanted to know more about the original source help him bring this religion to the world, formed the Baka-Tsuki translation group.

Thus Haruhiism was reborn over night.

Since then, we have continued work on the "Suzumiya Haruhi" series and have since expanded to other light novels.
P/S: Put a link to 'about Baka-Tsuki' on the side bar. I had trouble finding this page the first time -.-
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

You Brits and your "I'm going to put u's in weird places". :?
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

You Americans and your "I'm going to remove U's in weird places".

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”