Translators/Editors-only Wiki Area?

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

velocity7
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Translators/Editors-only Wiki Area?

Post by velocity7 »

Is it possible to have an area in the wiki that's restricted in viewing/editing only to translators/editors? I'd like to do OCR on the Japanese novels and put up text there if possible. :)

In fact: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Page_acc ... _MediaWiki

So only thelastguardian can look at this, huh...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

not so sure....well you can make a page, that isn't linked to any of the published pages, so all you have to do is tell us the link url.

Thats probably the only way I can think off....mind you, why you want only to aloow editors/translators to view it?

:?:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
velocity7
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by velocity7 »

Someone could easily search out pages that aren't linked; see the Special Pages -> Orphaned Pages.

Also, the reason for the restriction is to make sure that people can't simply copy the original text for their own benefit; after all, the original Japanese text would definitely be more troublesome to make public as opposed to the images.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well, in that case I don't really know how we can do it on the wiki.

But why don't you do it on this forum? i mean all editors & translators have edit privillages, so all you have to do is post it in a restricted forum like the admin forum or if you want i can make a invisible forum, its basicially the same as a wiki.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Translators/Editors-only Wiki Area?

Post by onizuka-gto »

velocity7 wrote:Is it possible to have an area in the wiki that's restricted in viewing/editing only to translators/editors? I'd like to do OCR on the Japanese novels and put up text there if possible. :)

In fact: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Page_acc ... _MediaWiki

So only thelastguardian can look at this, huh...
That is intreresting.

But liek you said, that decision will be the Captain's.

However personally, i do not really see the need for it, since there is restricted forums on these boards that can used for the same purposes, if needed. which has not yet occured.

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”