Recently Homeless Translators

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

morscerta
Astral Realm

Recently Homeless Translators

Post by morscerta »

Greetings,

Although one can't tell from my nick, I am hasekura_rei from #lililicious. My friend Sukoshi and I had been working together for the past couple years translating the marimite novels for Erica's Okazu blog. What we had finished thus far had been added to your marimite projects page, since the work we were doing wasn't overlapping. As of this week, Erica has reversed herself and decided to no longer support fan translations of any kind. Our translations have been removed, even though we still have two more that were set to go up soon. My question is, is Baka Tsuki still interested in hosting those translations on your page now that Erica has stepped down? If so, can you put me in touch with the project coordinator? I guess I'm defacto editor for our scripts now.

On a wholly unrelated, but coincidentally equally embarrassing note, I tried to register the hasekura_rei nick on the forums and I accidentally clicked "younger than 13" without meaning to. I only wish I was that young. ^^;; Who should I contact about fixing this?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Recently Homeless Translators

Post by Darklor »

Hi! Welcome! - I am sure your additional translations would be welcome here, too. Also with your problem could help probably TheLastGuardian or Onizuka-GTO.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Oni, TLG, you heard the man, let him in! (You're a guy, right? 8) )
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Hello,

If the original translators (you and Sukoshi) want to, then of course we can merge the project.

For series staff reorganization, you will have to contact the series supervisor directly. The B-T administrators don't usually get involve in the inner organization of particular series, unless such involvement becomes necessary.

Sidenote:
We are a very loosely organized translation group- we can be described as a repository for translated light novels.
BT staff usually try to not get in other people's way. Unless someone send me a C&D letter, chances are you will not hear much from us.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

thelastguardian wrote:For series staff reorganization, you will have to contact the series supervisor directly.
Uhm, that could be a problem, since the project has currently no supervisor or even an administrator listed... but feel free to add your translations yourself ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”