Recent Changes - add ability to show only selected language

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

SinsI
Astral Realm

Recent Changes - add ability to show only selected language

Post by SinsI »

Right now, Recent Changes page (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... entChanges) shows every change that is affecting editions in every language.
It would be really nice if it was possible to limit the list to one language(like it was done for the "namespaces"), to make it easier to track changes of those languages you know. Sometimes it is really not obvious that it is a non-english version of the novel in question.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Recent Changes - add ability to show only selected langu

Post by Misogi »

The only way I know to do that is to add the pages you want to follow in your Watchlist.

There are categories for Foreign Languages, but some foreign projects didn't put the code allowing them to be listed in their language. I think you should find something related to that.

Anyway, I think it would be quite difficult to add that.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I don't think it's possible...though we can also try to create somethingnlike a checkbox for minor edits, but called alt. Languages edit too.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
SinsI
Astral Realm

Post by SinsI »

>The only way I know to do that is to add the pages you want to follow in your Watchlist.

If I want to watch every change to every subpage for one project (say, High School DxD) , how many pages would I have to add to my watchlist?
I hope it's not something like one manually added page for every chapter (and what to do about those that don't exist yet?).

> I don't think it's possible...though we can also try to create something like a checkbox for minor edits, but called alt. Languages edit too.

Is it an architectural problem with alt. language implementation?
If every alt. language editor would have to manually fill it, almost no one would bother.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

I haven't tested its usage, but maybe this option is as good as it gets for your purpose.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”