WHITE ALBUM2 (visual novel)

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see an english version of WHITE ALBUM2?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 174

diamondketo
Astral Realm

Re: WHITE ALBUM2 (visual novel)

Post by diamondketo »

Hey guys, I'm the User Interface and Text Artist for this project.

First I want to say THANK YOU to NaokiP for continuing to translate the VN and replying to the worried followers and jonathan for managing this project with velocity7 missing.

I can see that there is some issues and considerations posted here about the text, font, or even the UI art. I'll see to that and ask jonathan if I may re-design those.
NaokiP wrote:...
If you see this, contact me so we can deal with these issues and I also want to see how you are doing. All the team members seems to be disoriented and I haven't been assigned a single thing for so long XD.
wizardtahito
Astral Realm

Post by wizardtahito »

Hi, thanks for translating thus far guys, i just wanted to ask if this is project is still ongoing or has it been dropped.
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: VN project White Album 2

Post by NaokiP »

It's ongoing, no worries. There's just kind of a lot of ground to cover.
We're in the process of finalizing IC, ironing out any final inconsistencies in the script and hunting down bugs, looking for an alternative ingame font as well as looking into the possibility of subtitled videos (with optional fancy karaoke as a bonus).
I've also personally taken to editing CC properly at last, but as I said, there's just a lot of work to be done.

As always, we're looking for people to help out. In particular, we're looking for someone to translate Mari and/or Koharu's CC route(s). Along with someone who has the know-how and patience to create and modify bitmap fonts. If anyone is interested, hit me with a PM here!

We'll get this done, even if it takes until "around 2022."
wizardtahito
Astral Realm

Post by wizardtahito »

That sounds great, we owe you a lot. Im sorry i cant be of any help :( . Thank you again for your hard work.
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

The game crashes after line 705 in 2009 of CC, is there any way this can be fixed?
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

We'll look into it, thanks for the report.
Just to make sure, are you running with JP applocale? It doesn't seem to be necessary for the game, but it's worth a shot.
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

NaokiP wrote:Just to make sure, are you running with JP applocale? It doesn't seem to be necessary for the game, but it's worth a shot.
I wasn't but I just started it up using it and I'm still getting the same error.
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

To put it short, the crash seems to be caused by the autowrap and page-generating system we have in the patch colliding with the game's check whether or not to display lines 706-740 (explanation in the comment section of line 706 on the wiki)

I imagine this might work as a temporary fix: Remove the patch from your folder, play until line 742, save there and reapply the patch. The game will likely give you an error popup that you just need to OK to close, and it should function properly after that. Let me know if that works.
I know that it's kind of a hassle, but please bear with us for the time being. In the meanwhile, jonathanasdf is looking into fixing this, but I can't give you an estimate on when to really expect a proper fix, unfortunately.
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

Doing that, it went from line 705 to 742 like it was supposed to, I then reapplied the patch and it went from line 742 to 733 but replaced Chiaki's name with 店長 (Manager). After I got back to 742 everything was back to normal. Just thought I should point that out.
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

Turns out that the game crashes if you choose line 898, Bid Farewell.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by jonathanasdf »

Thanks for the reports, ce1545.

I think the extra messages that I'm adding in may be somehow interfering with the game when it says "jump to message #X". I'll look into this soon. To help expediate this, if you have a savefile around line 700 can you please email it to [email protected]? If you're on windows you should be able to find save files at C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\Leaf\WHITE ALBUM2
gbehl
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gbehl »

I just wanted to quickly thank you for the great work you did on the improved translation of IC!
While I can't tell anything about the accuracy of the translation (since I don't speak Japanese), I CAN say that it sounds fluid now and like something I would read as a VN.

PS: Also happy to see the progress on CC continuing at the pace it is!
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

gbehl wrote:I just wanted to quickly thank you for the great work you did on the improved translation of IC!
While I can't tell anything about the accuracy of the translation (since I don't speak Japanese), I CAN say that it sounds fluid now and like something I would read as a VN.

PS: Also happy to see the progress on CC continuing at the pace it is!
Thanks. Yep, IC's retranslation and editing finished just a couple of days ago. Should we release some sort of official announcement or something? Haha.
Well, it still needs playtesting to make sure nothing is broken, and proofreading for typos or in case I missed something or made some silly mistakes. Some lines are still marked as "deepskyblue" as well, but the overall quality of the scripts has definitely increased.

Full speed ahead to CC, I guess. About time!
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

NaokiP wrote:Yep, IC's retranslation and editing finished just a couple of days ago. Should we release some sort of official announcement or something? Haha.
Well, it still needs playtesting to make sure nothing is broken, and proofreading for typos or in case I missed something or made some silly mistakes. Some lines are still marked as "deepskyblue" as well, but the overall quality of the scripts has definitely increased.
Has the retranslation and edited version been updated in the daily patch? If so, I can go do some playtesting and see if I find anything.
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

ce1545 wrote:Has the retranslation and edited version been updated in the daily patch? If so, I can go do some playtesting and see if I find anything.
Yeah, just grab the latest daily patch. Still no fix for crashes in CC Common, unfortunately, but look forward to that too.

Return to “English”