Kami-sama no Memochou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading God's Notebook ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 433

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kami-sama no Memochou

Post by Mystes »

Zell_ff8 wrote: If so I can help but with the japanese script. 五次団体 is the level of the organization. When yakuza groups followers adopt lower people the add a layer. 1次団体 is where the main boss is, but his followers are the boss to those on 2次団体. It's a layered pyramid, a yakuza-inception xD. Alice says Tabara-gumi is a 5次団体, which is a way of saying the largest (lower) layer in the organization, that if upper layers are involved their range for investigation would increase drastically.
...Yakuza hierarchy, then?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Zell_ff8
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

Not a clue about chinese, but for kanji more or less:
五等规模的堂口 , 五 five, 等 level, 规模 scale, 的 -ish, -like, 堂口=yakuza gang? (as for kira' comment).
Using the original japanese word, 五次団体, there is a kind of explanation on wikipedia for bôryokudan.
一般に、代表者である組長(会長、総長、総裁などとも)と構成員である組員(組織名が、会、一家であっても組員と呼ばれる)とは、盃事と呼ばれる儀式を経ることによって強い絆で結ばれる。組員は、組長から見て弟分(舎弟)と子分(若中、若衆など)の2つに大別される。組員がさらに自らを組長とするとする団体を組織した場合、この団体は2次団体と呼ばれる(この場合、最初の組長と組員のみの組織を1次団体と呼ぶ)。2次団体の組員もまた、自らを組長とする3次団体を組織する。これを繰り返すことによって暴力団はピラミッド型の階層構造を形成する。日本最大の勢力を誇る山口組の場合には、5次団体までの存在が確認されている。 各階層の団体において、当該組長と盃を交わした組員を特に直参と言う。

Tabara-gumi is a yakuza group/gang/暴力団
She estimates Tabara-gumi is a lower layer of the yakuza structure. A yakuza group by itself, but responding to a another upper group. Or basically meaning that there are more powerful ones behind them and that getting to investigate them would be a much bigger problem.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Zephyrus, I presume you're translating from Chinese fan-translated versions? If possible, try to use official versions, which are much more accurate. When you see weird sentences like these, post them rather than trying to spend time making sense out of them. It might be mistranslated or overly liberal translation. Also if possible, post more details on the surrounding context on what's happening, so that Zell or others can help you out quickly. And if possible, at least post the entire Chinese sentence. :)
Zell_ff8
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

So, if you have doubts with any sentence, I'd glad to help.
Just paste the translated version you got, and some of the surrounding, specially a couple of dialogues before and after, so I can locate it on the original.

edit: I was bold and replaced all occurences of Kishiwada to Tabara, (I searched all of them on the original (screen) to be sure, since I don't remember exactly if the novel mentions Tabara' parent organization)
Zephyrus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zephyrus »

Thanks, guys!
I'll go change it later.
And about the name thing, I'm always unsure about the pronunciation of the names.
(As I wouldn't know the pronunciation of the kanji in english =X)
So I tend to check from the anime.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Back in summer, I used to check the suffixesand the names with the Japanese scans which have furiganas. Though I gave up on that because it was way too time consuming. So I recommend continuing to translate as usual, and if you have any problems, just post it here. :D
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Oddmoonlight
Astral Realm

Post by Oddmoonlight »

Is it possible to get an E.T.A. of a pdf version of the first volume?
Zell_ff8
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

Isn't that the same as copy&paste it to a word processor and print it as pdf?
Zell_ff8
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

if so, just did a try of it with 一太郎. first volume with pictures: http://www.mediafire.com/?xw4noq0xwgssln8
Zephyrus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zephyrus »

Completed Volume 2~ (phew)
I wonder if I should start with volume 3.
I recall that someone said that he started with first chapter of V3 a few pages ago...
Well, I'll just take a break and start with iris for the moment.
Abril
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Abril »

I sent a private message to Kira already but I think I should explain here too--I had a sudden and annoying trip, so I couldn't work on v3 like I said I would... I'm really sorry!
I have most of chapter 1 saved on my PC (up until
Spoiler! :
Kaoruko calls Narumi to the student council room to Mikuru at him and then Kousaka goes to Hanamaru
) but since I won't be home until late night today or tomorrow maybe it won't make things faster or easier to you and you should just start anew... I don't know, hehe.

But Zephyrus, I want to tell you: Great job! Two completed volumes in a month or so, that's really awesome and I didn't expect it at all.
I really love kamimemo and want many people to read the novels.

Edit: As soon as I got home I posted what I had done, I'm sorry I didn't even have time to complete the chapter :(
X the Unknown
Astral Realm

Post by X the Unknown »

I'd like to go through the first volume and give it a polish. This would be my first time doing more than anonymous grammar corrections and I want to make sure what I'm doing is okay. Here's one passage that stands out as a bit awkward:
After school ended on Tuesday, I sat on the water tower on the roof of the southern campus, staring into empty space facing the tall buildings far away. Normally once school ends, I would go report in at the computer room and focus on club activities that only involves one person. But on afternoons with computer lessons, even after school there will still be a lot of students remaining to play with the computers that they usually don't come in contact with. I am unable to bring myself to walk in just like that, so every Tuesday and Thursday I always come up to the roof to waste time. Staring at the computer room on the second story of the northern campus, giving off a huge amount of "Get Lost Already!" waves, and sighing as I look down onto the streets.
And here's how I'd revise it:
After school ended on Tuesday, I went up to the roof of the southern school building and sat atop the water tower, facing towards the distant skyscrapers, and stared into empty space. Normally once school ends, I would report in at the computer room and focus on club activities by myself. But on afternoons with computer lessons, even after school there would still be a ton of students staying to play with the computers that they don't normally get to use. I am unable to bring myself to walk in just like that, so every Tuesday and Thursday I always come up to the roof to waste time. Staring at the computer room on the second story of the northern building, giving off major "Get Lost Already!" waves, I sighed and then looked down into the streets.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

X the Unknown wrote:I'd like to go through the first volume and give it a polish. This would be my first time doing more than anonymous grammar corrections and I want to make sure what I'm doing is okay. Here's one passage that stands out as a bit awkward:
After school ended on Tuesday, I sat on the water tower on the roof of the southern campus, staring into empty space facing the tall buildings far away. Normally once school ends, I would go report in at the computer room and focus on club activities that only involves one person. But on afternoons with computer lessons, even after school there will still be a lot of students remaining to play with the computers that they usually don't come in contact with. I am unable to bring myself to walk in just like that, so every Tuesday and Thursday I always come up to the roof to waste time. Staring at the computer room on the second story of the northern campus, giving off a huge amount of "Get Lost Already!" waves, and sighing as I look down onto the streets.
And here's how I'd revise it:
After school ended on Tuesday, I went up to the roof of the southern school building and sat atop the water tower, facing towards the distant skyscrapers, and stared into empty space. Normally once school ends, I would report in at the computer room and focus on club activities by myself. But on afternoons with computer lessons, even after school there would still be a ton of students staying to play with the computers that they don't normally get to use. I am unable to bring myself to walk in just like that, so every Tuesday and Thursday I always come up to the roof to waste time. Staring at the computer room on the second story of the northern building, giving off major "Get Lost Already!" waves, I sighed and then looked down into the streets.
Not sure whether my comments will be agreed, but...
focus on club activities by myself.
This kinda changes the meaning, as the club consists of only one person, but focus on club activities by myself sounds like he is a loner, rather than that the club only has one person(the club may have multiple people, but he does it alone).

Other than that, I think its generally okay.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Cabuws
Kyonist

Post by Cabuws »

This series so far is fantastic, thank you very much for translating it.
Cabuws
Kyonist

Post by Cabuws »

Just finished reading chapter four of volume three, I need more, this series is unbelievable.

Return to “English”