Gekkou

Novels which are completed

Moderators: Translator no Roukou, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Project Translators, Project Editors

Re: Gekkou

Postby Veruz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:42 am

Now thats what I call one hell of a detailed reply, thanks!

Lets see... I watched a few episodes of the Dantalian No Shoka anime over the past weeks. It indeed seems interesting enough, hope the mystery is elaborated on in the novel - Since one mere episode doesn't feel good enough to cover a mystery.

Kara No Kyoukai - I've watched three (or was it four?) of the movies already, due to me being a big TYPE-moon fan. Shiki looks like a character that could gain even more awesome in a novel adaption.

Bakemonogatari - Same again, I watched the anime. The story is... ODD. Like really really really odd. Say what you want though, I feel myself strangely drawn to such odd stories. Hell, if one could experience an acid trip and make a novel out of it I would immediately get hooked on it!

And of course it doesn't HAVE to be mystery/murder+romance, I just find it an interesting mix.

Mimizuku To Yoru No Ou... The cover got me really hooked - I shall read that one during the week! Sure, one shall "not judge a book by its cover" (literally, in this case) but I definitely looked appealing.

Kino No Tabi, from what I've seen there isn't a whole translated volume - But since you said the stories are mostly standalone it should be alright. Besides, one of the leads is a friggin motorcycle. I mean thats enough to at least give it a try!

Thanks again for taking your time to list and explain all those novels to someone rather new in the light novel department, its always good to get recommendations from people that read loads and know how to judge a book well. Oh, and sorry for going off-topic with my posts ^_^.
Image
User avatar
Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:35 am
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Re: Gekkou

Postby Alexander » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:28 am

I'd really suggest that you do not read Kara no Kyoukai. Atleast not until you've seen all the movies. Its one of the cases where the adaptation outdoes the original. The movies are just too damn good.

Other than the stuff Kadi mentioned, Durarara and Baccano both have mystery as well as romance. I've only watched the Baccano anime though. Can't find translated LNs anywhere.

Also, how about Shinrei Tantei Yakumo? But I'd say most volumes..even the chapters in the volumes are probably standalone. Can't say for sure since I've just read the one translated volume.

Lol, thats about it for my recommendations.
SEEK EVERYTHING
User avatar
Alexander
Kyonist
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:06 am

Re: Gekkou

Postby Darklor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Alexander wrote: I've only watched the Baccano anime though. Can't find translated LNs anywhere.



Huh? What is with the translated chapters in the wiki?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
User avatar
Darklor
Project Editor
 
Posts: 3492
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:56 am
Location: Germany

Re: Gekkou

Postby Cosmic Eagle » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:07 am

Alexander wrote:I'd really suggest that you do not read Kara no Kyoukai. Atleast not until you've seen all the movies. Its one of the cases where the adaptation outdoes the original. The movies are just too damn good.



I dunno....I find the novels much better TBH.....then again I always prefer prose to film or animation...

The one thing that is really going for the movies is Kalafina's godly music.
Image

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
User avatar
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: 大欲界天狗道

Re: Gekkou

Postby larethian » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:16 am

wait, I came here to see what's up with Gekkou, and people are talking about KnK? :evil:
User avatar
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Gekkou

Postby EusthEnoptEron » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 am

Shiku shiku
User avatar
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Gekkou

Postby Kadi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:37 am

*gives Eusth a hug*

Okay, to finish the OT: I didn't read much of the novels, but what I read of the 6th... chapter/part (basis for the 6th movie) was good and the additional explanations were nice (why Azaka can dodge the fairies when she can't see them, what those red lights are)... Now, the 6th movie cut a lot, so it might not be the best basis to judge, but whatever.

To return to Gekkou, at least for now: Eusth still has that short story that hasn't been translated yet, but since there isn't really much interest in Gekkou, we'll push it aside for now and keep watch for new projects to blow your mind away.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
User avatar
Kadi
Project Editor
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:06 am

Re: Gekkou

Postby kuroi_shinigami » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Eeeeh? Am I the only one interested in reading the short story? 残念です. What's the short story about btw?
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
kuroi_shinigami
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Gekkou

Postby EusthEnoptEron » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:40 am

kuroi_shinigami wrote:Eeeeh? Am I the only one interested in reading the short story? 残念です. What's the short story about btw?

Tsukimori catching a cold. ;)
User avatar
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Gekkou

Postby Gwilthyunman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 am

kuroi_shinigami wrote:Eeeeh? Am I the only one interested in reading the short story? 残念です. What's the short story about btw?

Not only you, I'm also interested in the short story XP
Image
User avatar
Gwilthyunman
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:34 am
Location: Indonesia

Re: Gekkou

Postby andrewgr » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:16 pm

I just wanted to express my deep gratitude for this translation. It was so nearly flawless that I more than half expected to find out that it had been done professionally and released into the public domain or something along those lines. I spent some happy hours today due to your efforts-- thank you!
User avatar
andrewgr
Astral Realm
 

Re: Gekkou

Postby rock96 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:15 am

Thank you very much for this translation. I spent almost five hours to read this at night. It was thrilling and interesting reading.
Well, I have something to ask. Well, could you give me a link to original? I hadn't found raw. I really need it ^^
And, please, translate short story ^^ Wanna read more about Ninomiya and Tsukimori)
"Just imagine that I'm gloomy Excalibur. -_-"
"Damn it... My brain is cracked in half."
User avatar
rock96
Senior Project Translator
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Gekkou

Postby gabgrave » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Nice book. Read it while working. Reminds me of this Psychological test that i read before:

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a man whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing. She believed him to be her dream man, so much that she fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him.
A few days later she killed her sister.
Question: What was her motive for killing her sister?

Spoiler! :
She was hoping the guy would appear at the funeral again.

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath.

This was a test by a famous American Psychologist, it was used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer.

Many arrested serial killers took partb in the test and answered the question correctly.

If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you.


Kinda made me think the plot would be something like that.

Was thinking that the story was having a nice mystery murder aura going on, but did anyone else...
Spoiler! :
felt that the ending where he assumes that she was lost and lonely seems to be totally diverting from the psychotic atomosphere that she had up to that point?

I was thinking that the plot would be
1. Girl meets boy not interested in her, finds him interesting, plots to get close to him.
2. Girl knows family situation and either creates a flag by letting the mother know the father has a mistress, or makes use of the fact after it happends.
3. Girl suggests to mother murder schemes, indrectly (eg showing murder shows, leaving newspaper reports, etc)
4. Mother starts writing schemes in recipe book. Girl makes use to remove a page.
5. Start of novel plot. Leaves page for boy to read. Boy gets excited about girl. JUST AS PLANNED.
6. Girl plots to have mother feel guilty about the murder by sub-consciously increasing her guilt. This is to remove the one witness who could have gave clues.
7. Mother dies. Girl can act genuinely suprised since she does not know the exact date and time mother will die. Boy can act as a alibi. (Plot hole in novel. If there was dust in the computer room, where is the mother's footprints?)
8. Girl can then mindfack the boy during the confession part, after she comfirms the boy has sub-consciously decided to 'save' her from detective despite his own suspisions. Allows boy to make his own excuses to trust her.
JUST AS PLANNED..


My two cents worth of a plot that keeps constant with the character she seems to be showing.
gabgrave
Kyonist
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Re: Gekkou

Postby EusthEnoptEron » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:02 am

Before I forget: Gekkou is getting another short story in the December issue of the Dengeki magazine. Trying to get my hands on it.
User avatar
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Gekkou

Postby Cosmic Eagle » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:26 am

gabgrave wrote:
Was thinking that the story was having a nice mystery murder aura going on, but did anyone else...
Spoiler! :
felt that the ending where he assumes that she was lost and lonely seems to be totally diverting from the psychotic atomosphere that she had up to that point?

I was thinking that the plot would be
1. Girl meets boy not interested in her, finds him interesting, plots to get close to him.
2. Girl knows family situation and either creates a flag by letting the mother know the father has a mistress, or makes use of the fact after it happends.
3. Girl suggests to mother murder schemes, indrectly (eg showing murder shows, leaving newspaper reports, etc)
4. Mother starts writing schemes in recipe book. Girl makes use to remove a page.
5. Start of novel plot. Leaves page for boy to read. Boy gets excited about girl. JUST AS PLANNED.
6. Girl plots to have mother feel guilty about the murder by sub-consciously increasing her guilt. This is to remove the one witness who could have gave clues.
7. Mother dies. Girl can act genuinely suprised since she does not know the exact date and time mother will die. Boy can act as a alibi. (Plot hole in novel. If there was dust in the computer room, where is the mother's footprints?)
8. Girl can then mindfack the boy during the confession part, after she comfirms the boy has sub-consciously decided to 'save' her from detective despite his own suspisions. Allows boy to make his own excuses to trust her.
JUST AS PLANNED..


My two cents worth of a plot that keeps constant with the character she seems to be showing.


Yes....sort of. But the current ending is kinda sweet so I'm not complaining....

Anyway, another story? Hrmm....I hope it's a sequel or something....maybe she really IS a killer....
Image

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
User avatar
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: 大欲界天狗道

PreviousNext

Return to Completed

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests