SAO Anime Discussion Thread

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online getting animated

Post by Pryun »

Too bad they missed first day, but that story leaves a somewhat bitter taste in the mouth, and would be better received after Aria anyway. Beater will probably cover Aria... which, is a surprise to me as well. haha, wonder if they will animate the... ... ... uh... ... ... umm, memory loss segment. ^^ i want to see Argo already
User753
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by User753 »

Pryun wrote:Too bad they missed first day, but that story leaves a somewhat bitter taste in the mouth, and would be better received after Aria anyway. Beater will probably cover Aria... which, is a surprise to me as well. haha, wonder if they will animate the... ... ... uh... ... ... umm, memory loss segment. ^^ i want to see Argo already
Do you mean the "Kiriemon" part Pryun-san?
Under the unceasing illuminations reflected through the blue moon, the dance slowly increase pace to its summit. As the dance reached its conclusion, the stars at the edge of the horizon starts to dim.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

User753 wrote:Do you mean the "Kiriemon" part Pryun-san?
Umm, not so far ahead(the part i mentioned wanting to see may or may not involve spoilt milk... hahaha. Go reread Aria if you don't know what I mean), although, due to timing constraints, it is unlikely they are going to show aria in full. Kiriemon part seems very trivial and will probably be left out(But this is just my guess.).
Rxzlion
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rxzlion »

BeginnerXP wrote:It really start out strong, reaction on the discussion forums in both JP & EN are very positive, I do hope they can keep up the quality.

At least Lisbeth's hair color is now corrected in the first episode, not pink like in PV1.

From the opening song at the end of episode, I think the entire first cour will be Aincrad only, as expected, and ALO in the second cour. But I pretty surprised after seeing list of episode names from JP board.
Spoiler! :
2話「ビーター」 'Beater'
3話「赤鼻のトナカイ」 'Red-nosed Reindeer'
4話「黒の剣士」 'The Black Swordsman'
5話「圏内事件」 'Murder Case in the Area'

While I guess they will follow the chronological order but I didn't expect they will do Murder Case at all, and only in 1 episode to boot, so now they have to cram 3 volumes into 12-13 episodes.
Its not 3 volumes in 13 episodes its in 25 episodes, 3 volumes is to long for 13 episodes ALO will probably be in second season.
And they messed up the first episode they show a girl turning in to a guy which is not possible!
And i know it's a small detail but it bothers me.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Tap »

Well, their goal is to be as true to the novels as possible, so if they're going in chronological order, First Day is definitely skipped.
Pity that though, considering how it really drives home how the "game" really turned out. (and berserker Kirito!)

They're rushing through it that quick though?
You sure it's not just a random guess from a fan?
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

@Rxzlion
Accel World first 12 episodes covered volume 1-2, so it's entirely possible to cram even 3 volumes into 12-13 episodes.

@Tap
http://animekuntv.blogspot.com/2012/07/15342.html

Poster said the source was from new type magazine, ep5 might be just its first half and conclude in ep6 too, doing Liz & Yui SS using 1 episode each then using 4-5 episodes left to do the main part of volume 1. Just guessing...

About skipping First Day, one poster from MAL said they might want to introduce heroine in ep2 rather than waiting until ep3, they can always add it in OVA though (I hope they do).

And crappy UI from PV1 is nowhere to be seen, I'm glad.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

The guy turning into girl thing is perfectly possible.
I don't recall there being any such restriction, and Kirito even talked about it in First Day.
I'm more curious about that glasses character in one of the mob scenes.
I mean, how do you get glasses like that?
Wear them while having the Nerve Gear on?

And glad I'm not the only one who thought it's paced too fast...

Crappy UI, definite improvement.
In fact, that curved HP bar looks cool as heck, even if a little impractical, heh.

Well, it's announced to be a total of 25 episodes, so they could stretch the SAO arc longer than ALO.
I doubt they'll do anything more than the main ALO story, so they could invest more time into the SSes...
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

what on earth is UI(my memory does not remember such a thing)?

I think not all SS will be animated, so beginner's timing is probably right, volume 1+2+ some SS(we are only assured of Aria) will be episodes 1-12/13.
User753
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by User753 »

Pryun wrote:Umm, not so far ahead(the part i mentioned wanting to see may or may not involve spoilt milk... hahaha. Go reread Aria if you don't know what I mean), although, due to timing constraints, it is unlikely they are going to show aria in full. Kiriemon part seems very trivial and will probably be left out(But this is just my guess.).
Uuu...Ah, do you mean the bathroom 'incident'?Or is it before?

I think the User Interface are those like main menu buttons,HP bar,and such...Don't know if it's correct.
Under the unceasing illuminations reflected through the blue moon, the dance slowly increase pace to its summit. As the dance reached its conclusion, the stars at the edge of the horizon starts to dim.
Rxzlion
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rxzlion »

Tap wrote:The guy turning into girl thing is perfectly possible.
I don't recall there being any such restriction, and Kirito even talked about it in First Day.
I'm more curious about that glasses character in one of the mob scenes.
I mean, how do you get glasses like that?
Wear them while having the Nerve Gear on?

And glad I'm not the only one who thought it's paced too fast...

Crappy UI, definite improvement.
In fact, that curved HP bar looks cool as heck, even if a little impractical, heh.

Well, it's announced to be a total of 25 episodes, so they could stretch the SAO arc longer than ALO.
I doubt they'll do anything more than the main ALO story, so they could invest more time into the SSes...
The gay turning into a gay not possible it was said in the novel that sao was made so you cant change your gender and even later it is said that most vrmmo wont let you change your gander and the reason behind it was that during alpha testing of sao players became stressed because the lack of thier gentiles.
It was in 16.5.

@ BeginnerXP i didn't said it was not possible only that it will be stupid its to fast and if you want to mess up going fast is the way.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

I think most of us here ignore 16.5. I deem it non canon myself, so If that is your only argument, we will dismiss it in favor of first day, which is way more canon than 16.5

@User: close, but no point me giving you everything, right? ^^

Is THAT what UI stands for? the gamer in me is half dead, i guess...
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

I didn't say cramming 3 volumes into 12-13 episodes is great idea nor I'm very happy with that very high pace. But I'd still take that any day rather than it's being dragged out and full of boring filler episodes.

UI stands for User Interface.
User753
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by User753 »

(Ah,previous post is lost)
Is it possible that 'First Day' may be included in Kirito's flashback later in the story?Hopefully.

@Tap-san:Hehe.You're right.SInce it's personal,and I think I've got a gist of what you mean from your pointers.
UI does stands as that.As far as I heard,gamer's spirit never dies.It just flickered and lay dormant.Give it a jolt and it'll flare up to live again.(Well,what kind of jolt differs according to each gamer's interest though.)

@Rxzlion:Isn't it first explained in the LN that a player can choose their avatar's gender differently than their actual gender but they cannot change their avatar's gender after that.But since <<SAO>> has changed to death game,each of the player's gender is changed back to their original gender,hence the off the balance of female:male players ratio.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

Rxzlion wrote:and even later it is said that most vrmmo wont let you change your gander and the reason behind it was that during alpha testing of sao players became stressed because the lack of thier gentiles.
That could mean that it's not impossible to set your character's gender different from yours, but that it's forbidden to do that in the game manual - for exactly the same reason you mentioned.
But, who reads those stupid manuals? :lol:
Rxzlion
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rxzlion »

Ushwood wrote:
Rxzlion wrote:and even later it is said that most vrmmo wont let you change your gander and the reason behind it was that during alpha testing of sao players became stressed because the lack of thier gentiles.
That could mean that it's not impossible to set your character's gender different from yours, but that it's forbidden to do that in the game manual - for exactly the same reason you mentioned.
But, who reads those stupid manuals? :lol:
No in volume 4 in GGO he gets a female like avatar and clearly stats that you cant chose a different gender and sometimes on rare occasions wired brain waves case the user to be mistaken for the other gender.
But that GGO and not SAO.
@Ushwood fixed it to volume 4.

@User753 Oh yeah your right i remember the ratio thing forgot all about it XD well problem solved.
Last edited by Rxzlion on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”