Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kami
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by Kami »

[Removed]
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

-=TwoFace=- wrote:Um, to get this back on topic... I never really noticed this and as I guess common courtesy goes I should have posted here first as I have edited a few on the wiki. Sadly, *cough* I have edited even more than the times I have when logged on as I forget from time to time to check if I am logged on. Anyways, I am just wanting to know if I could get listed as official wandering editor or one for the specific novels I tend to constantly reread nonstop, or I guess I will just continue as a wandering unofficial editor. Thanks for, well considering me if I even am :shock:.
If you're just asking about being listed in the "editors" section at the bottom of the main wikipages for the various series, it really depends on the series, but I think for the most part you end up putting your name there yourself if you're actually doing some significant level of editing for it.

For example if you're regularly doing edits as chapters are translated for a particular series, or going through and doing a mass of corrections (such as the re-britishification of DxD) then I don't think there's any particular issue with you adding your name as editor for those series you did such things on.

As far as I can tell it's discouraged to put your name down as an editor in 'anticipation' of doing lots of edits (and I've seen people's name addition edits reverted for that reason), but generally the project supervisors or translators will be keeping an eye on the edits people are making, so they'll usually have a good idea of who are editing and who aren't and so are unlikely to remove someone if they are actually there having been doing the job they say they are.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Kami
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kami »

[Removed]
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Kami wrote:Is that what he meant? I assumed he was wondering when he was going to be promoted to "official editor" status by an admin.
I assumed he was asking about being made 'official' on the wiki due to this sentence fragment:
-=TwoFace=- wrote:Anyways, I am just wanting to know if I could get listed as official wandering editor or one for the specific novels I tend to constantly reread nonstop...
"Official recognition" is for work done is really that bit on the wikipage under "editors" or "translators". Being added to the "project editor" group looks to be a rarer occurrence, there's 46 of us and at a quick look at least a third look to be in the translator's group as well, so actual editors-and-nothing-but in the group are probably minimal in numbers anyway. :?

Honestly, the only major benefit of being in there is being able to smite people's posts who say things like "hurry up and translate!". >.< (Negative side effects are 'edit' buttons on everyone's posts which I regularly end up clicking on by mistake rather then 'quote'. >.< )
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

denormative wrote:"Official recognition" is for work done is really that bit on the wikipage under "editors" or "translators". Being added to the "project editor" group looks to be a rarer occurrence, there's 46 of us and at a quick look at least a third look to be in the translator's group as well, so actual editors-and-nothing-but in the group are probably minimal in numbers anyway. :?
Hm. I see. I thought being able to get into the editor group would happen if you, well, edited some stuff. Being an editor isn't overall that great, who cares about editors, amirite? Can't make my e-p*nis grow that way, gotta learn Japanese. Dammit. :mrgreen:
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

denormative wrote: (Negative side effects are 'edit' buttons on everyone's posts which I regularly end up clicking on by mistake rather then 'quote'. >.< )
I know right? :P
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

cautr wrote:
denormative wrote:"Official recognition" is for work done is really that bit on the wikipage under "editors" or "translators". Being added to the "project editor" group looks to be a rarer occurrence, there's 46 of us and at a quick look at least a third look to be in the translator's group as well, so actual editors-and-nothing-but in the group are probably minimal in numbers anyway. :?
Hm. I see. I thought being able to get into the editor group would happen if you, well, edited some stuff. Being an editor isn't overall that great, who cares about editors, amirite? Can't make my e-p*nis grow that way, gotta learn Japanese. Dammit. :mrgreen:
There's only one 'honorary' group, the Translator no Roukou. There's even one person in that group who isn't in the general Project Translator group (though he probably should be :? ). And looking through the Project Translator group list, not even all translators are in there.

Anyway, both the Project Editor and Project Translator groups are 'apply to join' so if you really want your e-penis extension (and annoying-almost-all-the-time edit button), there's nothing to stop you from applying as appropriate. Though it's possible you'll be told to 'lurk more' if the approvers think you haven't spend enough time on the forum to know how to enforce the rules appropriately and so forth.
deathmailrock
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by deathmailrock »

I'd like to be an editor on this wiki XD

for what ever LN's I'm reading, I wanna do whatever I can to help...... also how do you become a supervisor or convince someone to be a supervisor for series' that don't have one........ cause it'd be nice if there was someone to watch some of the pages so that it stays uniform and stuff, though there don't seem to be issues at the moments
Favorite Anime characters include Erza Scarlet, Uzumaki Kushina, and Kousaka Kirino

Nee-chan and Milf type sexy red-heads are the best kinda anime women

I am a proud fanboy of Erza Scarlet and Uzumaki Kushina and Kousaka Kirino
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

Post on the series/'s u wanna edit, then go ahead n edit

(It's common courtesy)
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by krytyk »

Aside from that, there are patrolling editors. But if you want to do major edits, it's as previous poster said.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
Drowzycow
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Drowzycow »

Dropping my name here if you need more help wielding banhammers. Name on wiki is same as on here. Have a Happy New Year folks!
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

It's okay, seems like we can more or less watch over them 24/24h.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Dorchard14
Astral Realm

Post by Dorchard14 »

To whom it may concern,
I would love to become an editor. I feel that I am well versed in both French and English. If the posiiton of editor is filled, please direct me as to what I can and/or is needed to be translated into French. In the future I would like to be a professional translater, so I think that starting somewhere in editing or translating would be a step in the right direction.
-David
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Dorchard14 wrote:To whom it may concern,
I would love to become an editor. I feel that I am well versed in both French and English. If the posiiton of editor is filled, please direct me as to what I can and/or is needed to be translated into French. In the future I would like to be a professional translater, so I think that starting somewhere in editing or translating would be a step in the right direction.
-David
Well, some French users also work on English projects, so it's possible for you to do so.

Anyway, as we are short on editors, any helper is welcome. Feel free to work on any series that you like, or drop in the French section if you want to.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
SavageShark
Astral Realm

Post by SavageShark »

Hello everyone,

I want to apply as an editor. I'll go straight into the point: I hate seeing small mistakes or typing errors, or even misused punctuation. Reading novels have been a huge part of my daily activity since it serves as a form of entertainment and stress-relieve. While reading through some of the light novels, I saw a lot of typing errors or misplaced terms. And...those small mistakes sorta ruined my experience. Though I am fully aware that the editors have put their best efforts and are quite busy with editing these works from translated texts, I just want to lend them a hand in proofreading and editing to provide the readers a great experience and leisure of reading.

I am confident in my English, although it is only my second language. If you wish to exam my ability, I'll be gladly to undertake the test. My first language is Vietnamese, so I can assist some of the Vietnamese translation if ever needed. Also, I don't care about my name being put into the editor list. All I care is editing because...they bugged me quite a bit.

That's all I have to say. Thanks for taking your time reading this

Return to “News”