Black Blood Brothers Novels?

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

"Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?"

Yes !
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason) !
No votes
No (Please give a reason !
No votes

Total votes: 5

tauchpanzer
Astral Realm

Black Blood Brothers Novels?

Post by tauchpanzer »

Has BBB ever been brought up as a possible translation project? I know the tv show has been dubbed by Funimation, but apparently they don't have the rights for the novels. It looks doubtful it'll get an official english translation. :(

Edit: I should mention that it would probably be possible to get ahold of scans for all the novels.
Last edited by Darklor on Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added poll
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Black Blood Brothers Novels?

Post by onizuka-gto »

what is this novel about? perhaps if you can provide a brief synopsis and possible novel art, i might be able to deduce if this novel have received any interest or at leased be aware of what it's about. :D
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
tauchpanzer
Astral Realm

Post by tauchpanzer »

During a fictional war called the Hong Kong Crusade, an Old Blood vampire, Jiro Mochizuki, a.k.a. the Silver Blade (銀刀 ,Gintō?), fought and defeated the Kowloon king and also most of the Kowloon Children. Ten years later, Jiro heads to Japan with his little brother, Kotaro, in hopes of reaching The Special Zone, a thriving secret city where vampires live. They soon realize that a plan to infiltrate The Special Zone is being hatched by the Kowloon Children survivors. As they travel to The Special Zone, Jiro encounters enemies from the past and new threats that may endanger the safety of the Special Zone. The abduction of Kotaro, by one of the Kowloon Children, thrusts him even further into the battle.

That is as far as the tv series goes, which I think is volumes 1-3 of the novels. The setting is sort of modern-day earth where humans found out about vampires in the war with the Kowloon Children, and also believe they died out there.

It also looks like the only two companies that publish it are a Japanese one and Chinese one. I have a friend who has been purchasing the Japanese novels so she would be able to provide scans.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

vampire killing Hong Kong Vampires?! booooo!

Hong Kong 4ever!
:lol:

on a serious note, i think i've heard about this series, but only the anime version.

how much of the novel is covered by the anime series?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
tauchpanzer
Astral Realm

Post by tauchpanzer »

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's 1-3.... But I can only go by the illustrations since I don't know Japanese. :lol: There's something like 8 novels out, and 6 side novels that don't pertain to the main plotline and I think are a little more lighthearted. (As a side note, Funimation has both subs and dubs on their streaming website for free here, if you're interested in watching it.)
Zelman's lover
Astral Realm

Post by Zelman's lover »

Man, I would LOVE to see this series translated for reading in English! Anyone know if it'll actually happen?
adventuregal94
Astral Realm

Post by adventuregal94 »

I would also love to see BBB to be translated. Just recently saw the anime on Netflix, and I really want to see want happens afterwards. Please, please, please, pppllleeeaaassseee translate it into English! (by the way, there are actually 11 novels, 6 side novels (17 total), and it is completed)
adventuregal94
Astral Realm

Post by adventuregal94 »

If you want to buy the books, here are the links to the plot novels and the side story novels
Plot: http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Blood-Brother ... 2424wt_905
Side: http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Blood-Brother ... 7849wt_905
Ninjaneko
Astral Realm

Post by Ninjaneko »

I would also like to see this novel be translated as well! I just finished the anime and want to know what happens next.
IlkatSumil
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IlkatSumil »

Did this series ever get picked up for translation? A search of the web turns up nothing, but my search skills aren't always the best. I'm interested because if it's not been translated, I would consider trying to do it myself.

(And sorry for the necro. It was either that or put up a duplicate thread.)
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

There hasnt been any translation for it yet.
Though last year there was actually a person who asked the author himself if it would actually get translated into English.
IlkatSumil
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IlkatSumil »

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll make that my next thing to read and see if I'd be any good at translating it.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

IlkatSumil wrote:
(And sorry for the necro. It was either that or put up a duplicate thread.)
No worries here is that ok. Duplicates would be merged anyway.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
alice3
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by alice3 »

IlkatSumil wrote:Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll make that my next thing to read and see if I'd be any good at translating it.
Thats good to hear. I hope you will like it. It seems to me an intresting series.
alice3
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by alice3 »

Can I ask there are any news about the translation?
(I'm just curious.)

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”