I have a question [Spoilers]

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

garra
Astral Realm

I have a question [Spoilers]

Post by garra »

Umm when the story begins at volume 7, when it comes to the party where he said he needs Mikuru to do some timetraveling and stuff and pretty much do next few lines made me lost. Why did Kyon have to go back? I read the volumes up till now so I might not remember some information but can someone please remind me?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Kyon had to go back to the day Nagato changed everything during Volume 4 because he already did.

At the moment Nagato changed everything, there were three Kyons.

One was still in bed sleeping. This is the Kyon that will wake up and go to school to discover everything is messed up (the beginning of Volume 4)

One is with Asahina-san (big) who had travelled to this moment from Tanabata "three years ago" (Late in Volume 4) after activating the escape program. This is the Kyon that Asakura will stab.

One that has just traveled back in time with Asahina-san (small) and Nagato, who is the current narrator, and who is the one that will help fix everything. This is the person that the stabbed Kyon sees just before he passes out.

=Smidge=
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Also, if he doesn't go back into that time, then the present will be screwed up and he'll still be in that weird world.

If a future Kyon has done something, he must replicate the actions (although if he has chosen to follow a particular time stream, his actions will be predetermined and guided). If he didn't go back, that means that the time behind him is different causing the future to change, but he can still go back whenever he feels like it, but he has to do it within his lifetime or until his appearance changes from how he saw back in time when he got stabbed.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

He saw his future self save him, so he knew that sometime in the future he would have to travel back in time. Otherwise, he would cause a time paradox. Colonel Campbell would be all over his ass. He just did it at that time to get it over with.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Snake! You formed a time paradox!

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”