Start!

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Start!

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Prologue

Suzumiya Haruhi was very (law-abiding/obedient - need a word~).

Even though she is very (melancholic) and sometimes (moaned and groaned), she is actually very sociable. Even so, she's been surprisingly tranquil these past couple days. This quietness from who-knows-where even scares people like me.

Of course, this wasn't her (semblance) being quiet, and it defenitely wasn't a change of heart. Haruhi never doubts herself. Even if her personality has a slight or quiet change, she will never question herself. Anyways, if anything like that ever happened (refering to personality change), I would be put in an problematic situation. So, at this moment in time, I wouldn't bother to try and (correct) her. How do I say this.., (there's a type of quietness that's like a continuously radiating kirlian photograph in which the light has gone from the fieriest red to an orange which is subtly surrounding her.) - note : I'm not sure about this line.

Of all the people in the class, only one, at most two, will be able to realize that she is not quite the same as before. Of these two, one is identifiable as me.

Me > Sorry I only translated this much, but I need to do a SS project due on Monday...actually, I need to start it.. :roll:

meh, constructive criticism plz~

edit : T__T...then again, people probably won't read this until the fourth book's done...^^
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

go post it in wikipedia,

slaps bakafish with his own species
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

So we're finally going to see parts of Book 7? That's excellent news.
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

typhonsentra wrote:So we're finally going to see parts of Book 7? That's excellent news.
Haiyami wrote:go post it in wikipedia
You're both right. BaKaFiSh, it's wonderful that somebody's finally starting Book 7. But we can't assume that everybody who reads the novels comes over here (although the more the merrier) so please do post it on the Wiki.

I see you've registered your name on the prologue and first 3 chapters of Volume 7, so we're counting on you to follow through on that commitment.

If you don't follow through on your commitment...you'll make Haruhi frustrated...you know what happens when Haruhi gets frustrated... :shock:
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

except I don't know how to make a page.. :roll:

and I'm not sure of some words..xD...but...sure, If you make the page, I'll put it on there..^^
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

If you're not sure of some words, just give it the best definition as you can. Other translators and/or editors will fix it/accommodate it eventually.

EDIT: I've made a prologue page for it. So get to it :D.

EDIT2: You should also PM Onizuka about this. Get translator status and keep him informed...
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I edited the wiki to make more sense and for grammatical errors. Some parts were too confusing though so I didn't want to mess with it too much. Then again Kyon does ramble a lot so maybe it's alright?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Hello bakafish!

First off, welcome to Baka-Tsuki 8)

secondly, thanks for taking your time to contribute to the Suzumiya Haruhi project.

I have just had a look at your registration and your prologue. very nice. :)

So, i'll just send off a message to the all mighty Baka-Tsuki Boss about your contribution and give you the necessary translator access powers onthe wiki and on this forum.

So welcome to the community, and I look forward to your contribution in the future.

:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Great stuff Bakafish!

Everyone here appreciates all your terrific work.

Well done!
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

It's so nice to come here and see an update (However small it may be) every day. Thanks Bakafish!
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

yay, encouragement!

^__^

lol, stupid firefox closed when I was typing...so...not much was done today...=P
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

BaKaFiSh wrote:yay, encouragement!

^__^

lol, stupid firefox closed when I was typing...so...not much was done today...=P
Yay, stupid Firefox!

err.. I mean...

Yay, keep up the good work!
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Sorry, I've been busy lately..^__^

I have to present a 'bill' to the class tommorow...stupid Socials class...

Anyways...I'll try and finish the prologue by next week...nothing for certain though.. :roll:
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Most people probably wont view your volume until volume 4 is done anyways though. So take your time and focus on your studies and throw in some updates when you're available.
Thanks for working on the volume anyways though, I look forward to it!
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

lol, that's the reason I started this while Book four was still translating...

because once the Disappearance is done, 'encouragement' mail starts arriving...xD

And this is fun, so I guess I'll milk it~

lol, j/k~

^__^

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”