On to volume 7!

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Guest lol
Astral Realm

On to volume 7!

Post by Guest lol »

Volume 4 is DONE! Now get to work you translating monkeys! :twisted:. Haha jk, but you should really start translating man! People are gonna wanna read that book.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

No need to rush them, dude. Take a break, you guys deserve it. People should spend Thanksgiving with their families and friends, eating and sleeping. I know I will, it is necessary R&R before my finals. :lol:
Last edited by Dan on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

lol, after school, I promise~

^__^

wait, I gotta go somewhere at 4...

maybe later tonight... :roll:
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Chapter 1 is already half done, but you'll have to wait for BaKaFiSh's prologue to be done before I post it. Go pester BaKaFiSh XD

Lol j/k. It's something I promised BaKaFiSh when we traded chapters, that I wouldn't post anything further than his current chapter. But seeing that the prologue is nearly done anyway, I don't think it'll be a long wait ;P
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

6 pages left~ I'll get it done sometime this weekend...^^;

Or today, but I'm kinda tired...=P
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

BaKaFiSh wrote:6 pages left~ I'll get it done sometime this weekend...^^;

Or today, but I'm kinda tired...=P
Eek.... so freaking close. I'm really excited about this book too as it's the first one I'm going into not knowing what to expect at all. A lot of the material for the parts of books 2-6 not shown in the anime were spoiled for me ahead of time and over the past few months, and I've even accidently stumbled upon some volume 8 spoilers too. I almost want to ask for a hint of what to expect.... but please ignore any requests!
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Finally I have my hands on the Kadokawa Taiwan version.

After a delay of nearly four months, Kadokawa Taiwan has finally released Vol 7 on Wednesday Dec 7th.

I'll devour the story within a week's time, and then I shall be able to contribute to the translation.

Just the fact that these pros at Kadokawa Taiwan has delayed release for four months means they're serious about making as little error as possible, which was why I've waited for this version rather than plunge into the fan-made simplified Chinese version as a source material instead. No disrespect intended to the guys who made that fan-made translation, who've done a great job, though.

Once I'm done with Vol 6 "Charmed" I guess I could sort out with BakaFish and HolyCow which of the later chapters I'll be doing, as this volume is a whopping 400 pages, meaning 3 translators would be just about right this time.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Good luck Kinny. How's Charmed coming along by the way? Have you been able to work on it this week or were you too busy with classes/life?
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

typhonsentra wrote:Good luck Kinny. How's Charmed coming along by the way? Have you been able to work on it this week or were you too busy with classes/life?
No more classes for me, I no longer need to do any more stupid boring studies. I'm a "paid Otaku" with stable funding for my hobby, as long as I don't spend lavishly like Roman Abramovich.
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Kinny Riddle wrote: No more classes for me, I no longer need to do any more stupid boring studies. I'm a "paid Otaku" with stable funding for my hobby, as long as I don't spend lavishly like Roman Abramovich.
Or Satan, as he's known to his friends.
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

>.>, I still have classes....

and it didn't help my internet died last night, when I had 4 hours of free time...

ah, well~

edit : 10%
LupGuest
Astral Realm

Post by LupGuest »

I'm still waiting for my account's confirmation e-mail to come through (do they usually take this long? Most forums I've signed up to sends the e-mails instantaneously), but I'm impatient.

Just want to say...

Wouldn't The Conspiracy of Suzumiya Haruhi be a better title for this book? I don't know a lick of Japanese, but the kanji for inbou in Chinese means conspiracy, and for those who've already read the book they'll know that the setting of the story is a conspiracy made up by Haruhi to achieve a certain result.

Personally I think Conspiracy is much better than intrigue.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I'll definately be needing help if my INternet connection keeps dying like this @.@

I've only had like, 1 and a half days of Internet connection within the past 2 weeks >.<
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Yippee, four translators of Volume 7...>.>

Shoo! I was here first...wait, I wasn't... :roll:

and I'm just kidding, btw~

Welcome to Baka-Tsuki!!

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”