Prologue: The missing 0.1%

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Smidge204
Astral Realm

Prologue: The missing 0.1%

Post by Smidge204 »

I'll start a new topic since the other one is a bit confused :)

The missing 0.1% is here this line, which apparently nobody has been able to translate yet:

(Note: I edited the original scan, which was written vertically, to make it a decent size. Please read from left to right, top to bottom.)

=Smidge=
NDarkstar
Astral Realm

Post by NDarkstar »

Well, how about this:

----
A more straight-forwardly strange thing occurred.

And it didn't stop at being a (strange) mood like Haruhi's, it actually took shape that you could see with your eyes.
----

Using the word 'atmosphere' here isn't really appropriate since 雰囲気 (funiki) is referring to mood / ambience and not the air-surrounding-the-earth variety of atmosphere which the line currently in the translation could be confused with.

(Thanks to seiya & cyxx for assistance in helping me understand this and seiya specifically for the above translation.)
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Interesting! Thank you!

I'll make sure the translator for the prologue (BaKaFiSh) sees this, and if he's cool with it the wiki can be updated accordingly.

If anyone else has an interpretation please post it.
=Smidge=
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

sure, I guess that fits..=P

and your thing made me re-look over my translation

xD

I'm sooo retarded...^__^

In my defense, the word was small...xD
Nutcase
Astral Realm

Post by Nutcase »

As the question seems settled, I am making the suggested change on my current editing pass.

Nutcase

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”