Volume 7 chapter 2 LOL

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Volume 7 chapter 2 LOL

Post by Haiyami »

Ha ha ha that's funny. That guy kicks the carten on top of the milk and stubs his foot. Heh heh heh. Poor Mikuru, her futur self is tormenting her. LOL. Making her do mean things lol.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Hmm, I just read chapter two in its 50% approximation and... while reading Mikuru's additional observation about Nagato, I had an insight:

The Vol 4 Nagato was based on her observations about Mikuru.
Not all-knowing, needing help from others to do or accomplish things.
The kind of personality that Kyon goes for...
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

We don't know Kyon's type for sure. It is shown again and again he's a nice guy that helps others. Asahina needs a lot of help so he ends up being with her quite a bit.

Also, since we have yet to see what happens, it might not be a cruel thing they did. Still funny though. :P :lol:
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Kyon is the type of guy that likes odd girls. I believe it's mentioned twice that Kyon liked odd girls. Once by that football guy from Lover charmed at first sight, and by Taniguchi (I think).
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Ah, good, guest posting's back on.

Question: The note just said to put "the specified thing" at this road intersection... When does "the specified thing" become a juice box nailed to the road? I'm confused.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I think that the author didn't want to give away what the "thing" was at the beginning of the story. Much of the chapter was about Kyon mumbling about strange orders and his guilt. If the author had slapped on "juice box" from the start it would have spoilt everything.

On the other hand, doesn't "tin can" fit the story better? IMO kicking a juice box isn't enough to make you howl in pain, so much so that you can't walk. If you try kicking a juice box that's nailed down to the floor, the box would probably get flattened. If it was a tin can, then its a whole other story.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Holycow has the same thought I did. When I hear "Juice box" I think of those little single-serving cardboard boxes with the bendy straws that elementary school kids get with their lunches.

I'm not sure if this is really what's being described. I suppose it's possible... maybe they left it outside overnight and it froze solid? That would hurt...
=Smidge=
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

果汁罐

Sounds more like a juice can to me...

But is there such a word? Juice can? XD
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

HolyCow wrote:果汁罐

Sounds more like a juice can to me...

But is there such a word? Juice can? XD
People are more likely to say "a can of juice".
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

From what I can see, the "thing" is something solid that hurts if you kick it, and unless they did freeze it solid overnight, I don't think a cardboard juice box would hurt anyone. When "juice box" is mentioned, for some reason I'm reminded of Misuzu's "weird juice" in AIR lol

Juice can sounds more sensible, but I don't think there's such a word. "A can of juice" doesn't sound really right in this context either. Maybe we should just use juice can and ignore the rest? XD
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

It could easily be the nail that hurt the guy, it doesn't have to be the fault of the juice can/box. Either translation seems fine.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

If they nailed the box/can into the ground, there wouldn't be anything left to hurt him and even if it did, I don't think it would hurt him to the point of him needing Kyon to help him up.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

HolyCow wrote:I think that the author didn't want to give away what the "thing" was at the beginning of the story. Much of the chapter was about Kyon mumbling about strange orders and his guilt. If the author had slapped on "juice box" from the start it would have spoilt everything.
I still don't understand. The note says "the specified thing" and the next reference to what it is is Kyon packing nails and a hammer into his bag. Is this how it actually goes, or did I miss something?
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Tsuruya-san wrote:"Kyon-kun, you have to work hard. The future of mankind rests on you!"
Wow! What a terrific line!

So what exactly does Tsuruya know?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Yeah I didn't expect that line when I first saw it. But you could see it coming eventually. Tsuruya was getting more involved with the plot ever since 6, and she even said that she felt that Haruhi and Yuki weren't ordinary at the end of Snow Mountain Syndrome.

If you ask me, I think that Tsuruya will be a major factor in the time traveling technology and faction in her future. Perhaps she was briefed on all the events circulating around the SOS Dan recently?

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”