Small preview of Chapter 5 (spoiler and joke free)

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nutcase
Astral Realm

Post by Nutcase »

I like Koizumi. Even if he's gay, he's not stupid, so he knows that Kyon is not gay. His goal, as I read it, is to clear the dynamic between Kyon and Haruhi. So if he seems to be messing with Kyon, I think about constructive interpretations.

It's not so easy, seeing things that those around you don't see. Gay or not, it can be lonely, ne? It's part of why Koizumi understands Haruhi so well, which he does.

Nutcase
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Koizumi understands Haruhi so well because he is empathetically connected to her. He has a sixth sense of how she is feeling.
Deesies
Astral Realm

Post by Deesies »

I wonder if espers are offshoots from haruhi's different emotions and is why koizumi wishes he could be himself more or something =)
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

You bastards! You spoiled vol9! Why'd you say kozumi dies when I haven't even read volume 8 or finished 7! LOL.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Yes, the cave cricket returns for revenge in volume 9! Revenge (and Koizumi's head btw) is so sweet! Muahahahahahahaha!

Anyways, I kinda agree about espers being offshoots of Haruhi's emotions. Her melancholy produces Shinjins, so it's possible that her other emotions produce other kind of espers. Koizumi said that there WAS a possibility that there were other espers that had different powers, back in vol 7 chapter 2.
/me claws out throat and dies
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

If I remember correctly, he also stated that he was an "offshoot" in the anime; the episode where he shows Kyon closed space for the first time.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Another lousy preview to keep you guys interested in this chapter. This volume has received so little updates (save the one-shot joke parody ;P) that I'm afraid if I don't do this everyone will soon forget about it xD

Oh and bear in mind: These ARE SPOILERS. If you read them, it may ruin it for you when you get to the real chapter. Granted, it's nothing big or phenomenal, but it's a pretty good moment in the chapter that I wouldn't read if I were you.

The theme for today: Kyon, you're dead -.-
Spoiler! :
Oh crap.

“A-ah, Nagato, you see…”

“……”
Spoiler! :
:No… That’s not it…” Asahina-san said as she shook her head.

“Nagato-san is probably angry at you now.”

Huh? I’m sorry, but how do you put it? From the tone of her voice, it seemed that even Asahina-san was angry at me now!
Kyon is dead. Seriously. o.O
/me claws out throat and dies
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Angry Yuki=Hell for the culprit.

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”