Talk about Super Update.

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Kinny Riddle wrote:You think we didn't consider timing this on the 14th? We have lives, you know, and we have agreed this is the latest time possible closest to the 14th we can find time to coordinate our releases simultaneously as we live in different corners of the globe.
Didn't mean it to sound disrespectful or anything, but giving all of the translated text to one person to upload should not have been to difficult to arrange. :P
=Smidge=
Kenotic
Astral Realm

Post by Kenotic »

Crap. My apologies for not putting up a spoiler tag. I'll think ahead a little more next time.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

Spoiler! :
-We've seen rogue elements of everyone's group (Alien, Time Travels, Espers). They all freak me out, but I think it's cool that Yuki and Koizumi are closing rank behind the SOS. There's a small part of me that wants to see Kyon tell Haruhi everything, and then watch the 5 of them do some serious damage to their enemies.
Actually...:
Spoiler! :
What's even cooler is that Kyon is setting boundaries for his own allies. First Yuki's boss, and now Mikuru's older self... he's distancing himself from both of them. One could even say that Kyon has distanced himself from the Organization, in that he's told Itsuki that if they take any action that threatens the SOS-dan, that he'll be pissed off.

Kyon is only concerned with the people he cares about. Any threats will be dealt with as they come... He's finally tired of being jerked around, and he'll mess with their plans as much as he possibly can.
The SOS-dan will conquer all, anyway.
Agent556
Astral Realm

Post by Agent556 »

chapter 4 doesnt have any pictures... or is it just me? >_>
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Pictures haven't been uploaded yet. If I have mind to I'll take care of it (or most of it) tonight...

Edit: On closer inspection, Chapter 4 has no images. Chapter 5 and 7 have one image each...

Edit edit: All Volume 7 images are in place.
=Smidge=
Last edited by Smidge204 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moe_Ronn
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Moe_Ronn »

so the leftout paragraph in wandering shadow is going to be put in now?
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ......wait what was I doing again?
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Got to work, checked on a whim and saw chapters 4 and 5 had been completed. Can't tell you how happy I was. I printed them out and read them during lunch and on the train home and maybe (just maybe) read a bit onscreen at work when I should have been testing some new code that goes live on the weekend (eeek!).

By the time I was home I'd finished and resigned myself to waiting a few more weeks for the next two chapters to go up.

Except...

There are two more chapters to read!

Frickin' awesome!!!

Thanks guys, you're my internet heroes!
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

We rock.

End of story! ^_^

And no, no pictures in Chapter four. >.<
andres_919
Astral Realm

Post by andres_919 »

you guys are awesome, although I should of been studying for my politics test and not reading :lol:

anyway

thanks a lot
Deesies
Astral Realm

Post by Deesies »

Hurrah! Just finished volume seven =D

Not really sure what to think of this volume,
Spoiler! :
throughout the chapters, it really felt as though it were building up to something big, whether it be something involving yuki's annoyance with kyon or the kidnapping of asahina. The way it ended felt a little anti climactic with little to no information on the other factions. I don't think much was even asked about them.

Overall, it felt as though volume seven was a launch point for a future development with no particularly conclusive end of itself (compared to the conclusions of volumes 1, 4 and to a lesser extent, volume 2).

None the less, I still enjoyed reading it from start to finish and hope more will be revealed as to what the future has in store for the SOS Brigade in future volumes.

I also hope the author does more with koizumi. He seems to be left out on a lot of the bigger plots but seems to much more aware of what's always going on.

Lastly, as a supporter of the kyon theory, I was happy to see the line, "would a scriptwriter play such a tiring character himself?" =)
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I for one hope that they do not go down the Kyon theory.

1. It would be horribly cliched.
2. It's ridiculous. The moment people learn for a fact that the God is actually a normal, boring guy, the entire motivation of the story is gone.

I'll bet you Kyon will die. Not only will he die, but he would die pretty soon. And the reason he dies is probably to rescue Haruhi. :twisted:

If only because of Mikuru (big)'s reaction when she first sees him.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

The only thing that really prevents that from happening is... Kyon is the narrator who is relating his story to the reader after-the-fact. If he died he wouldn't be able to recount his experiences for us.

=Smidge=
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Now if we gave all the text to one person to upload, it would have spoiled the fun for all of us, eh? xD

I'm more of a Higurashi fanboy~ I don't qualify as an expert :cry:
/me claws out throat and dies
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Smidge204 wrote:The only thing that really prevents that from happening is... Kyon is the narrator who is relating his story to the reader after-the-fact. If he died he wouldn't be able to recount his experiences for us.

=Smidge=
Nah, they would do it so the story is narrated between the final miliseconds of Kyon's final decision where he considers life with Haruhi, just before he sacrifices himself to save her.

Then at that point, it would jump a few weeks into the future and Haruhi would be narrating after partially accepting her loss of Godhood (because they told her about it moments before the final battle and when Kyon saved her, she lost the powers) and the loss of Kyon.

But she finds one last memory of Kyon and staunchly believes Kyon will be back for sure.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Deesies
Astral Realm

Post by Deesies »

Umiman wrote:I for one hope that they do not go down the Kyon theory.

1. It would be horribly cliched.
2. It's ridiculous. The moment people learn for a fact that the God is actually a normal, boring guy, the entire motivation of the story is gone.

I'll bet you Kyon will die. Not only will he die, but he would die pretty soon. And the reason he dies is probably to rescue Haruhi. :twisted:

If only because of Mikuru (big)'s reaction when she first sees him.
Not too sure about it being cliche. Predictable, apparantly, but not cliche.

I do agree that it probably won't be as interesting if it did turn out to be Kyon that is the centre of everything.

However, I don't believe either haruhi or kyon is "god" but kyon certainly seems to be more at the centre of things than haruhi, especially concerning the other factions who (IIRC) don't seem to have much interest in haruhi at all.

Regardless, although I believe everything centres around kyon, that he is the cause of everything and not haruhi, I would still prefer the story to go down the path that appears the most obvious, as it has been so far =)

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”