Talk about Super Update.

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Koizumi brought up an interesting metaphor to describe the Kyon Theory. He described it as being a Hurricane/Typhoon.

Kyon represents the eye of the storm, which is calm and tame.(Obviously pointing out the fact that he is a normal, everyday person)

The storm itself represents all the events that are circling around him. Kyon wishes to be the "sidekick". He doesn't want to be the cause of conflicts, but would rather stand to the side and observe as things unfold around him.

Notice how Kyon rarely, if ever, makes decisions on his own. Almost all of his decisions and actions are made by others in the form of orders.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

If Book 9 is indeed another "long story", I would like to see more of the rival entity (the Macrospatial-thingy, forgot what its called) and Koizumi. So far, we've seen:
Spoiler! :
- Rival Espers (The Black Car)
- Rival Time Travelers (The Sneering B@stard)
But we've only heard about rival aliens. It would be cool to see them in action once, and more story involving Koizumi. Let's just say that translating Chapter 5 has made me kind of, Interested, in him... (In a normal sense, mind you. I'm straight ;P)
/me claws out throat and dies
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Deesies wrote:Hurrah! Just finished volume seven =D

Not really sure what to think of this volume,
Spoiler! :
throughout the chapters, it really felt as though it were building up to something big, whether it be something involving yuki's annoyance with kyon or the kidnapping of asahina. The way it ended felt a little anti climactic with little to no information on the other factions. I don't think much was even asked about them.

Overall, it felt as though volume seven was a launch point for a future development with no particularly conclusive end of itself (compared to the conclusions of volumes 1, 4 and to a lesser extent, volume 2).

None the less, I still enjoyed reading it from start to finish and hope more will be revealed as to what the future has in store for the SOS Brigade in future volumes.

I also hope the author does more with koizumi. He seems to be left out on a lot of the bigger plots but seems to much more aware of what's always going on.

Lastly, as a supporter of the kyon theory, I was happy to see the line, "would a scriptwriter play such a tiring character himself?" =)
I agree, to a point.
Spoiler! :
It is pretty obvious that there are some things left unresolved. The biggest issue being the strange artifact recovered by Tsuruya-san. Another big thing introduced was the alliance between the opposing factions and we got to see some clockwork from the agency, although none of this was really explained or resolved.
We also got to learn some more about the purpose of the time travelers, but nothing was really ever explained.

The whole volume seemed to introduce more questions instead of answering existing ones.

In the end, the reason for this volume seemed only to serve the purpose of offering future chapters.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Spoiler! :
The artifact should definitely play an important role in the future. Kyon DID say that the rock resembled some sort of marker, and proceeded to comment on how it could be left behind by aliens.
And I just remembered I need to stick a certain paragraph back into wandering shadow @.@
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Now, we should do all of Volume 9 at once! >.<

lol~
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

that was a super update. It is interesting about how Kyon tells Tsuruya to dig up in the original spot the rock was. I get the feeling that Kyon is going to do somethign later in the story that is not going to be benefital to the rival groups but he is going to do something that totally goes against Mikuru's(Big) will. Or he might go to the opposite side.

That's the feeling I get. Maybe Mikuru will end up staying in that time period and never return to the future thus screwing up the time continum.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Sneering Itsuki (btw it's a name Kinny coined lol) did raise some interesting points about time travel, though.
Spoiler! :
1- There are events that are predetermined and CANNOT be changed. This is why he gave Kyon the chip, instead of throwing it into the ocean or something. If the person is destined to receive the chip, then he will get it someway or another. That's how I deciphered it.

2- There are some events that CAN be changed. This includes the time travelers trying to run over the kid with a van.

3- Time travelers are prohibited from meddling with the past, or rather, they are unable to. Explains why he didn't attempt to destroy the chip.
Now this is getting confusing @.@
ellimist
Astral Realm

back!

Post by ellimist »

my first post in...almost 3 weeks! XD really happy to see that i've come back at the right time :D to think i was only hoping for 1/at most 2 chapters to be uploaded while i was away...keep on rocking, guys! :D
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

For some reason the boards seem to be lively today... >.<
Agent556
Astral Realm

Post by Agent556 »

of course thats natural when 4 chapters and the epilogue are released all together, right? :P
also anonymous
Astral Realm

holy crap

Post by also anonymous »

I admit I've been grumbling the past month about the 1%, but this anonymous forgives :D

Mod: It ought to be the translators that's doing the forgiving to all your constant "grumblings", not the other way round. They're doing this of their own free will and certainly don't owe you anything. I know you don't mean it, but please be more considerate next time.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Stratosphere wrote:Kyon represents the eye of the storm, which is calm and tame.(Obviously pointing out the fact that he is a normal, everyday person)
Kyon's position is anything but calm and tame. Haruhi fits the analogy best, because form her perspective absolutely nothing extraordinary is happening.
Stratosphere wrote:Notice how Kyon rarely, if ever, makes decisions on his own. Almost all of his decisions and actions are made by others in the form of orders.
Volume 7 begins to prove otherwise.

=Smidge=
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Really? All he did in Volume 7 is follow orders based on what others told him.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Spoiler! :
The last part, when he tells Tsuruya about digging in that spot. I think that's what Smidge is refering to.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Stratosphere wrote:Really? All he did in Volume 7 is follow orders based on what others told him.
Someone didn't read the Epilogue. :D

=Smidge=

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”