Talk about Super Update.

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Talk about Super Update.

Post by Stratosphere »

Went to sleep with 1% of chapter 4; woke up with chapter 4,5,6 translated.

Did I accidentally fall into hibernation?

EDIT: I am in ur fridge, after all.
dt
Astral Realm

Post by dt »

zomg so this wasn't a joke after all :P

ps its +chapter 7 and epilogue now
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Umi, I completely blame your jokey and sarcastic nature for me dismissing your hypothesis as evil speculation.

But yeah, great job guys, you evil lovely things. <3
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

That <3 makes everything worthwhile ;P

Anyways, Happy Valentines Day everyone... Both from us Baka-Tsuki staff and from Haruhi (Read the chapters if you don't believe me).

P/S: Umi this was the little "problem" I was talking about ;P
/me claws out throat and dies
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

You guys are Godly, I was downright shocked to see all the progress when I woke up this morning.
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

I'm ashamed to admit that I scrolled straight past Volume 7 this morning on instinct until I saw this thread. :P

But I still <3 you guys. I think I'll go read it soon~.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

That's why this should be renamed to "The Intrigues of Baka-Tsuki"
/me claws out throat and dies
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

Are sexual favors applicable for such an update of this size?

I <3 you.

There's so little left, now.
Kenotic
Astral Realm

Post by Kenotic »

This is all kinds of awesome. Thanks to everyone involved in getting this done. Sure, I wasted an hour at work, but it was worth it.

Some random thoughts:
Spoiler! :
-We've seen rogue elements of everyone's group (Alien, Time Travels, Espers). They all freak me out, but I think it's cool that Yuki and Koizumi are closing rank behind the SOS. There's a small part of me that wants to see Kyon tell Haruhi everything, and then watch the 5 of them do some serious damage to their enemies.

-I kind of wish he would have done a little more with the "Yuki's pissed at Kyon," or "Yuki's jealous of Mikuru" bit. Maybe he'll hit on it later, but that seemed a little glossed over towards the end. Still, a chatty Yuki is kind of interesting.

-I'm reading Audrey Niffenegger's "The Time Traveller's Wife," which is good excersize for figuring out what's going on with the various Mikurus in this story. A flow chart certainly wouldn't hurt some days.
Mod: Spoiler tags added
Deesies
Astral Realm

Post by Deesies »

Kenotic wrote:
Spoiler! :
-I kind of wish he would have done a little more with the "Yuki's pissed at Kyon,"
I hope this wasn't some sort of spoiler. I've only read up to chapter 4 of volume 7 :<

But it would explain why I felt yuki was acting differently towards kyon this volume =o
KublaiKhan
Astral Realm

Post by KublaiKhan »

Gah... talk about the ultimate distraction. I have a Managerial Accounting exam at 7:30 tonight which I've yet to study for at all. I'm planning on studying the rest of the day for it, but this is just making it harder!

Thanks for the massive update!
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Kenotic Seriously man, use a spoiler tag. I'm glad I've finished reading it all before I saw your post... :?

Anyway, Volume 7 is not quite as epic as Volume 4 was, but the ending was possibly the most epic moment in the entire series so far!

Also:
Spoiler! :
You guys shold have waited two more days for this update, since the story takes place on Valentine's day.

But from that little fact, the story takes place most likely in 2000 or 2005 - where Feb 14th falls on a Monday, but 1994 is too early considering 1994 and 1983 (two other possibe dates) are too early for the laptops and high speed networking the characters were using.
=Smidge=
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Smidge204 wrote:Kenotic Seriously man, use a spoiler tag. I'm glad I've finished reading it all before I saw your post... :?

Anyway, Volume 7 is not quite as epic as Volume 4 was, but the ending was possibly the most epic moment in the entire series so far!

Also:
Spoiler! :
You guys shold have waited two more days for this update, since the story takes place on Valentine's day.

But from that little fact, the story takes place most likely in 2000 or 2005 - where Feb 14th falls on a Monday, but 1994 is too early considering 1994 and 1983 (two other possibe dates) are too early for the laptops and high speed networking the characters were using.
=Smidge=
You think we didn't consider timing this on the 14th? We have lives, you know, and we have agreed this is the latest time possible closest to the 14th we can find time to coordinate our releases simultaneously as we live in different corners of the globe.

Speaking of 1983, I believe HolyCow's the expert on that year and a place called Hinamizawa.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I thought this was a joke when I read the first post. :lol:

*dances around room naked*

Excellent job, guys!
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Yay super update!

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”