Tsuruya

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

Oh? Why is that?

Let's assume she knew everything behind the backstories of all the characters involved. Like Nagato Yuki + Itsuki for example, due to her extreme wealth and some unknown organization that she is heir to.

However, as she is not part of the SOS Dan and does not partake in the daily activities of the brigade, she wouldn't know the details to the things currently at hand.

This would mean that she would not be surprised if there was something found at the site, taking into account possible information relayed from time travelers and what not.

However, I believe what she found surprising, was that Kyon accurately predicted where something would be. This would be accentuated by what it really was, as she probably was not aware of the details. If she had followed the group on the excursion, she would not have been surprised at Kyon's suggestion, but rather, most likely, she would have gotten it beforehand. Get what I'm saying?

So what we know is that she does know everything in general. Just that she doesn't know the details.

Kyon on the other hand, is well aware of the details, but has no clue about the bigger picture.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Hmm, doesn't Koizumi imply that in fact it's Tsuruya who's the God-figure in this volume, someone who just gets a kick out of watching how they all react. She does seem to be doing an awful lot of 'stirring'.

Plus, she clearly knows more than she lets on, and keeps giving Kyon these little ambiguous hints 'The fate fo the world is in your hands' and 'Which would you pick, an alien or a time traveller. Best make up your mind soon!'

In context, can be taken totally innocently, but if you ask me, she's in on it.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I'm pretty sure he was hinting more at Kyon being the one who is observing. That having the omnipotent powers is too troublesome so supposedly Haruhi has them while hes getting dragged along for the ride. Of course, this is all without his knowing.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

By the way, anyone know what her given name is?
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

typhonsentra wrote:By the way, anyone know what her given name is?
"-san" ^_^
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

:P I don't think it was mentioned at all.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Maybe she'll reveal it when Kyon gets close to her?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Maybe Kyon will reveal his real name? Doubtful. :?
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Such precious information can't be revealed to us now. It has to be smushed into the last line of the last novel. Or in the author notes.

"Oh btw Kyon's real name is Kyonnamegohere, lawlz, surprise desu~."

Just like that.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

His real name is really Kiyon.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Nver likley to know. One name/nickname = "normal human", full name = something else.
Seeing as there is no reason to believe that Tsuruya is anything beyond a rather influential and wealth human girl, its probably all we will ever know of her.
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

Anonymous wrote:
Nver likley to know. One name/nickname = "normal human", full name = something else.
Seeing as there is no reason to believe that Tsuruya is anything beyond a rather influential and wealth human girl, its probably all we will ever know of her.
Hm... Some thoughts on that...
Spoiler! :
Nakagawa blows that theory, or at least he did until the end of Charmed at First Sight LOVER. Still, you can probably count that as meaning he's normal, after the fact, so it raises some interesting questions if it holds elsewhere. We've been given the full names of the Tamaru brothers (although there is evidence that they aren't really brothers, which throws their true family name or names into doubt), and of Mori (Sunou), so that might imply they're Espers, like Itsuki, while Arakawa-san is not. Similarly, Sakanaka-san (Wandering Shadow) would be normal, which makes sense from what has been translated so far.

Curiously, Yoshimura Miyoko, the girl from Kyon's story in Editor in Chief, is mentioned as not being normal by Kunikida and Nakagawa, however Kyon makes a point of noting that she was know by her nickname Miyokichi. Throughout the story, she is referred to as both.

Also—in what would be a great bit of continuity if this theory does hold true—in the anime (Live A Live), the members of ENOZ only give their family names (names are not given in the novel).
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Wtf are you guys talking about? I'm confuzzled.

So you're saying that if the novel reveals the full name then they're not human?

And if they reveal only a part of their name or their nickname then they're human?

I do not see your logic in this.

Fix your grammar up a bit so I can understand Guest.

From what I can see what you are saying, you're saying that Tsuruya isn't influential and we will "ever" know of her... I think you're saying she isn't such a major character so we won't know her completely?

Well, Tsuruya is a major player in the plot line much like some of the other side characters (mori, arakawa, tamori brothers, etc). Tsuruya is also included in Haruhi's big picture, thus she will become involved with the SOS Dan more often. However, Haruhi doesn't see her as a "inner circle" member of the SOS Dan so she will most likely stay as a side support member of the club unless the author wants to bring her in even further then he already did in V6 and 7. Plus, there are quite a lot of reasons to believe that Tsuruya isn't just a normal human (if normal means being a standard civilian that doesn't relate much with the factions).

In volume 7, we found out about
Spoiler! :
the odd rod in a picture found on the hill. Most likely, it's from a future time.
In volume 7 we also found out that her family is a supporter of the "Organization" meaning that her family may have a degree of knowledge of what's currently going on in the world. Even though Tsuruya may not necessarily know about it, there's a chance that she will know (if she doesn't already) in the future.

Also, it's hinted that Tsuruya knows Haruhi. Even though she laughs after she tells Kyon that the world's future is resting on his shoulders. I believe that she really meant this seriously but added the laughter to throw Kyon off from finding out that she knows about Suzumiya.
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

Guest is saying that if the full name is given (ie: Koizumi Itsuki, Emiri Kimidori), they're not normal, whereas if only a nickname (Kyon, Kyon no Imouto) or a single name (Tsuruya-san, Tanaguchi) is given, they are normal. In this instance, "normal" means no weird powers or abilities (or origin, in the case of time travelers not from this time), so Tsuruya-san would qualify, even though she's hardly "normal."

It's an interesting, if not quite provable theory. Sneering Itsuki, for one, breaks that theory (and possibly so does the one I spoiler mentioned above), or it may just be that we haven't gotten a name for him yet. Also, it's interesting that the only members of Itsuki's organization that we've unquestionably gotten the full names for are he and Mori Sunou. Of course, I always expected Arakawa to be one of the Organization's human support members. He's far too cool to need powers.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Well whoever Tsuyura is, she's probably going to have some influence in some way later in the story. The plot has gotten very involved and things are beginning to link together bit by bit. Tsuyura might be on the other side, maybe. I'm not sure. Because Tsuruya seemed to be gone whenever an incident with the rival faction encountered Mikuru.

Return to “Volume 7 - The Intrigues of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第七巻: 涼宮ハルヒの陰謀”