SOS Dan Journal

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

lol @ Mikuru's drawings

I like the format you have now, it's really nice.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Says something about what she thinks of Kyon, doesn't it? He slept through the entire story and never did anything.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Mikuru's story is just wicked :twisted: And I ROFLed at the drawings. Haruhi as Snow White, Mikuru as the Little MErmaid, Yuki as the dwarves, Koizumi as the tactician, and Kyon as the sleeping prince :wink:
/me claws out throat and dies
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

Yeah those images are just temporary, since the story didn't really work without them :o I made it side-by-side to mimic how it looks in the novel, but it's up to you :wink:

Next story is Yuki's :D
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Oh man, that's exciting. Will it be up this week or next?
Kenotic
Astral Realm

Post by Kenotic »

typhonsentra wrote:Says something about what she thinks of Kyon, doesn't it? He slept through the entire story and never did anything.
Actually, I'm wondering if this wasn't born out of a little bit of her own experiences. I'm guessing the most horrifying thing to happen to her (and Haruhi, since she "helped") so far is seeing Kyon fall down a flight of stairs and remain in a coma for awhile.

Since I have no idea what Yuki is writing, but part of me wonders if Yuki writes her fantasy horror story about a rogue alien who attempts to kill a panicky prince, but the prince is saved at the last moment by a level-headed, practical, and tactical good alien.

I just noticed that Haruhi called her story "pretty strange." This should be good.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Yuki's story is awesome. There's an illustration that goes with it, I think (I'll have to translate the text around the image to find out where it goes) which I'll post later tonight.

=Smidge=
P.S. Thanks GDsMDDLFNGR for including the image I uploaded but never put in >.>
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

lol Yuki's story is called "Untitled 1". :lol:

Well, it has ghosts, but it doesn't seem like a horror to me. I wonder if she is comparing being a data entity to being human? O.o
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Considering the last few lines in the "story" I'd say it's more of an autobiography.
Spoiler! :
White things were falling from the sky. Numerous, tiny, fluttering, aqueous crystals. They fell to the earth and vanished.

This shall be my name.

And with that thought, I was a ghost no more.

One possible translation for "Yuki" is "Snow" - although the kanji used in the writing means something completely different.

I'm wondering if the other "ghost" was Asakura?
=Smidge=
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Maybe it was detailing her birth and detatchment from the conciousness (how to spell!?) of the IDSE.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

The short story for each of the characters is a way to express themselves.
Yuki's was rather noticeable because of her reference to herself. In Yuki's, she's talking about how wonderful the world is and will probably talk about how she meets her friends later on and describe them.
Mikuru's story was a bit more difficult to decipher but I'm going to assume it has a more shallow meaning then what I was thinking. She's just placing the SOS dan characters within a story and changing their actions in the story to what she would expect the SOS dan members would do.

Also yeah I also think that the ghost thing is how Yuki is expressing how she was created from the Sentient Data Entity and detached from it.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

So that's where that scene comes from...
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Armanewb
Astral Realm

Post by Armanewb »

I thought that Yuki story picture looked familiar! *watches the anime OP again*
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

By the way, "Yuki" can also mean snow (雪), although Yuki's name uses different kanji (有希).

Just to make that first chapter of her story a little clearer 8)
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

GDsMDDLFNGR wrote:By the way, "Yuki" can also mean snow (雪), although Yuki's name uses different kanji (有希).

Just to make that first chapter of her story a little clearer 8)
Yeah, I remember that coming up in Snow Mountain. By the way, do we get to see what Kyon writes eventually? Is it interesting?

Return to “Volume 8 - The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第八巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憤慨”