SOS Dan Journal

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

Yep, but it's still a good 20 pages away 8)
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I see... well at least you're trucking along pretty quickly. You used to pop in and out once a month but since early December you've been making pretty regular updates. Plleeease tell me that'll continue! :D

(BTW, noticed the latest 2% you added!)
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

Aaah! surprise update! You didn't change the progress amount :P

Yay for second part of her story. Hopefully for the third part we get fanservice and a livejournal entry where Yuki registers herself as "BeautifulSnowgirlprincess14" and writes horrible poetry about heartbreak and how nobody will ever understand the pain she undergoes.

:D

*runs far, far away*
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Thanks for the update GodsMiddleFinger!

On the topic of the 2nd journal update.

Until then, I had never been by myself. I was one of many. I was a part of the set.

My group was bound together like ice, eventually expanded like water, and finally diffused like vapor.

And a single particle of that vapor, was me.
I believe that in this quote, Yuki is referring to the batch of Humanoid Interface's as the group bound together like ice, or a solid. Eventually, like the water molecules in ice spread apart and were assigned positions to observe Haruhi from.
She felt that even though she now possesses life and is able to see the world, she felt that she never learned anything that she finds significant like emotions.
But in time, I found meaning. Proof of my existence.

Matter attracts matter. This is the truth. I was drawn in, because it possessed form.

Light, darkness, contradiction, and common sense. I had encountered, and connected with each one. Those functions were not in me, but perhaps I might not mind having them.

If I were allowed to, I would have them.

As I continue to wait, will those wonders keep on falling?

Those tiniest of wonders.
In this quote, Yuki is referring to how she eventually met the SOS dan and how she gradually gained feelings during her time with them. Even among all the wonders in the world, she finds these little things in life so amazing and hopes that these amazing things will keep on coming into her life.

That's how I thought of it anyways.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I'm afraid I don't understand this third part....
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Spoiler! :
A black coffin remained in the club room. There was nothing else.

Above the coffin in the middle of the dark club room, sat one man.

"Good day."

He said to me. He was smiling.

Good day.

As I kept standing there, a white cloth alighted from behind the man. In the middle of the darkness, the cloth was enveloped by a pale light.

"Pardon my lateness."

The white cloth said. Or rather, the person who was wearing the big, white piece of cloth. Through holes cut out where the eyes would be, black pupils were looking at me.

It seemed like the one inside was a girl. I could tell from her voice.

The man laughed in a low voice.

"The recital has not yet started."

The man did not move from the above the coffin.

"There is time, still."

The recital.

I was remembering something. What was I going to present here? Quickly, now. But I could not remember.

"There is time."

The man said. He was smiling at me. The ghost of the white girl danced around happily.

"We will wait. Until you remember."

The girl said. I gazed at the black coffin.

There was only one thing; I remembered why I was here.

My place was within the coffin.

I had come from there, and I had come back here so I could return. But the man was sitting on the coffin. As long as he doesn't leave, I cannot go in.

However, there was nothing in me to present. I wasn't qualified to join the recital.

The man started singing in a low voice. Synchronizing with the white cloth's dance.

As long as he doesn't leave, I cannot go in.
From what I can see, the 2 mysterious characters in the club room could be: Asakura, and the Sentient Data Entity. The and the recital they're referring to, could this be a scheme in the future? Also about the coffin, the coffin represents where Yuki originally came from when she was created, and once her task is done, she'll return to the coffin and cease to exist. Perhaps in the phrase
However, there was nothing in me to present. I wasn't qualified to join the recital.
Yuki is referring to how she doesn't want to take part in their scheme?
I'm not very sure on this third part either.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

??? Where is this? Where can I read it?
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Yes, it is the "Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead!" chapter in volume eight: http://project.baka-tsuki.net/index.php ... t_Ahead%21
Armanewb
Astral Realm

Post by Armanewb »

I believe the man sitting on the coffin is Kyon, symbolic of his words after Yuki changed the world and him not allowing her to disappear.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Haha, looks like no one but him knows the truth. Kyon's a pedo?
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

-_-; That explains the whole Mikuru fascination, lol.
Guest reader
Astral Realm

Post by Guest reader »

[quote="HolyCow"]Mikuru's story is just wicked :twisted: And I ROFLed at the drawings. Haruhi as Snow White, Mikuru as the Little MErmaid, Yuki as the dwarves, Koizumi as the tactician, and Kyon as the sleeping prince :wink:[/quote]
And Tsuruya as the witch :-D

Return to “Volume 8 - The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第八巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憤慨”