Wandering Shadow

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Since it's about 8% complete, take what's there now and read it 12 times... That's about how long it will be when finished.

=Smidge=
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

How about taking that time to reread it 12 times to read it 3 times then nag continuously for more updates? Time better spent.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

It's three times as long as volume 7 chapter 1, twice as long as volume 7 chapter 3, and about the same length as Editor in chief. Oh and the chinese text is 73 pages long in Microsoft word.
/me claws out throat and dies
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

ERROR IN TRANSLATION:

I made an error in Wandering Shadow recently. The intramural sports should be "Boy's Soccer" and "Girl's Volleyball". Sorry for the confusion.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

To make up for the silliness that was the Sneak Preview yesterday, I'll have wandering shadow done to at least 25% today. Maybe 30% if I'm not lazy ;P
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Erm, I need some help here...

According to Haruhi, the outfit is a long kimono (or do they call them yukata? Is there a difference?) which is white and red. The original text suggests something like "witch" outfit, which doesn't really work since my first thought was Yuki's black witch one.

So does medium work well?

EDIT: Changed the thing to miko, with an added link for those who aren't sure what it is.
ellimist
Astral Realm

Post by ellimist »

Lol...how about a long black kimono? XD
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

A Yukata is a old style japanese clothing generally worn during summer and at festivals. It's basically a cheap casual form of a kimono.
Spoiler! :
Kimonos on the other hand are expensive. (some kimonos can easily cost more then a car) I hear they're mass producing Kimonos now with cheap materials and machines to make it (unlike the traditional made by hand stuff).

Leave it as kimono I guess if it says in the text : \
Astral Realm

Re: Wandering Shadow

Post by Guest »

Now I'm reading wandering shadow supposedly part of you here translated.
Btw, I've found a seemingly major mistranslation that can't be left.
The passage is following:
I could roughly guess what she was thinking. "But if that's all that's happened, then it'd be too boring. Throwing in spirits to the mix makes things seem more interesting."
This passage corresponds to this original passage:
この話だけではなんだか分からないが幽霊だったらおもしろそう、ってな顔つきである。
I would translate this original one into something like this, making use of what you've done formerly:
I coud roughly guess what she was thinking. "Only this input can't make the point clear, but it'd be amazing if they are spirits."

I'm a Japanese, so unfortunately I might be using strange phrases, but hope you'd understand.

Return to “Volume 8 - The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第八巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憤慨”