Who's this?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

阿南小姐

From my limited Japanese, I'd say she's Minami-san?

樋口

And she's Higuchi-san? ひぐち

I watch enough Higurashi to know the first two words of her hiragana name ;P
/me claws out throat and dies
Yowie
Astral Realm

Re: Who's this?

Post by Yowie »

HolyCow wrote:??

I need a romaji name for her, she's in Class 1-5 together with Kyon and Haruhi. She sits two desks to the right of Haruhi, and makes her debut in Wandering Shadow. W00t!

If for some reason a picture helps, I've included it as an attachment.

Thanks
Debut perhaps, but she's been mentioned before...

Sakanaka's one of the "girl's names" in Asakura's class list in the fourth book.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

After finally getting my hands on an official character artbook, I can finally see where Sakanaka-san sits, and the short description below her. I think she may have appeared as a cameo in a previous episode. I'll try looking for it later.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Sakanaka-san found in the second episode of Haruhi: The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi I.

So if wandering shadow is animated in the second season of Haruhi, you'll know what she looks like ;P
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

When is the next SHnY Season coming out? This summer?
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

I think I've heard that it's scheduled for autumn? Nine episodes of Kanon left by Thursday, which will run through spring, then assuming Lucky Star will be 13 episodes so will run through summer... If SHnY is definitely KyoAni's next project then autumn seems about right. =)
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

According to Ben, it's going to be a full 26 episode anime.

SCREW 26 I WANT 50
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

I’ve heard the 26 episodes rumour floating around too. Apart from the obvious 26 episodes > 13 factor, I think that having 26 episodes might make it a lot easier for them to decide what parts on the novel to animate. Disappearance would make a good core book to work from for example, but then some stuff from Volume 2 would need to be covered as well as Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. I think they'd struggle a bit trying to get all that into 13 episodes, especially when they have such huge expectations to reach. No doubt they would rather avoid any fanboy ire they may receive from condensing the canon stuff too much. :P
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I don't think they're going to do 26 episodes. If they break it into two 14 episode seasons, they'll benefit more that way in terms of DVD sales, merchandise sales etc. If they make a 14 episode season 2, my guess is they'll include:

1 episode Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
7 episodes DISAPPEARANCE
2 episodes Snow Mountain Syndrome (Part 1 and 2)
4 episodes SIGHS
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Geh... yeah I figure that since they're trying so hard to make profit off stupid things like character albums; they'll probably try to make multiple seasons.
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

What are you complaining for :P
the more the marrier ^__________^
i hope they won't censor parts haruhi is a little violent for them i think ;)
Anon
Astral Realm

Post by Anon »

HolyCow wrote:I don't think they're going to do 26 episodes. If they break it into two 14 episode seasons, they'll benefit more that way in terms of DVD sales, merchandise sales etc. If they make a 14 episode season 2, my guess is they'll include:

1 episode Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
7 episodes DISAPPEARANCE
2 episodes Snow Mountain Syndrome (Part 1 and 2)
4 episodes SIGHS
I'd really like to see Endless Eight animated.
I think a longer seasons is definatley possible, now that they know how popular it is guaranteed to be. The way I see it, they could either fill in up to new year, or they could finish off the whole school year. Doing the whole school year seems a bit long, especially as another anime-only story seems possible. And they'll want enough content to do a season 3 as well without waiting too much on new books.

Return to “Volume 8 - The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第八巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憤慨”