Leaving out a paragraph in wandering shadow

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Leaving out a paragraph in wandering shadow

Post by HolyCow »

There is one particular paragraph in wandering shadow that contains a VERY BIG SPOILER to volume 7. I have decided not to translate this particular paragraph for the time being, until translation of volume 7 is complete, since it concerns a major "OMGWTF?" plot point in volume 7. I hope all of you understand.

That said, the omission of that one paragraph does not affect wandering shadow at all, because right after that the author decides to change the topic, and we have Kyon going on about something else. Don't let this deter you from reading the rest of the story~

HolyCow
/me claws out throat and dies
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

thank you for your concideration :)
keep on this awesome job you do,you are so fast you can give Kinny Riddle a run for his money :lol: (cause he is super fast aswell)

but man it's so tempting...I can't wait to continue volume 7.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Go and poke BaKaFiSh then

*poke poke*

xD
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

/me pokes the BaKaFiSh.

/me pours some coffee into the baka tank.

Atm, I'm not really having much complaints about no updates for a while, but any translation would be greatly appreciated!
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

If at all possible, would you consider sending a PM with the omitted paragraph to those interested? I normally hate spoilers, but this is bugging me as I know I'll forget to check this story again after Volume 7 is complete but I'll keep that feeling of forgetting something. Know what I mean?
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

I won't forget about it but can you make it with underline or put some line before and after (I dunno how to explain it well so here is an example)

======================
the spoiling text
======================

so we could find it fast and dive right into it, after v.7,without reading it from the start...
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Thanks for the suggestion Felin. When volume 7 is completed, I'll have the omitted text put in bold so you can find it easily.

Erm typhonsentra, I really don't think you'll want to read that paragraph. It spoils things way up to the end of volume 7, including:
Spoiler! :
The reason Asahina Michiru was sent to the past, and an important event that happens soon after.
I do remember you saying that volume 7 was the first volume you read without knowing much. I really don't want to spoil it for you just for one measly paragraph that honestly doesn't make much difference. When we finish volume 7 I'll proceed to post the said paragraph back up ;P
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

OMG MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER! MUST READ CH7!

Okay, no more caps. But seriously, that's a big big event.. I really want to read it (v7)
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

HolyCow wrote:Thanks for the suggestion Felin. When volume 7 is completed, I'll have the omitted text put in bold so you can find it easily.

Erm typhonsentra, I really don't think you'll want to read that paragraph. It spoils things way up to the end of volume 7, including:
Spoiler! :
The reason Asahina Michiru was sent to the past, and an important event that happens soon after.
I do remember you saying that volume 7 was the first volume you read without knowing much. I really don't want to spoil it for you just for one measly paragraph that honestly doesn't make much difference. When we finish volume 7 I'll proceed to post the said paragraph back up ;P
Haha, since the time I said that I read Kinny's updated timeline. But thanks for remembering.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I've updated the chapter by adding in the previously omitted paragraph. It's in bold, so I don't think it should be hard to find ;P
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Holy crap, an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

typhonsentra wrote:Holy crap, an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/me goes off to read the update!

V8 is kinda boring.. it's nothing compared to V4.

Well.. it's not that bad, Editor in Chief is great.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Editor in Chief is one of the better stand-alone-stories in the novels.

It kind of makes up the bulk of Vol. 8, though.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Vol. 8 just seems to be there to tie up some lose ends before the next school year. Not that I mind, especially with how fun the stories are in Editor. I want to see where Wandering Shadow will go, but it doesn't have a "Hook" yet.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Shadow is kinda boring IMO... We're almost halfway through the story now (47%) and yet nothing interesting is happening yet...

Editor, however, rocks 8)

Return to “Volume 8 - The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第八巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憤慨”