Damn the worse cliffhanger ever! kyon past love exp -_-

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Thanks for giving us a timeline. It's been fun popping in, checking the updates on that story ever since I came here last year.

By the way, you're the only translator who works from a Japanese source, right? Do you think you'll work on Vol. 9 when it comes out?
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Thanks for the new section, GMF. Much appreciated.

It's going to be weird when this whole thing is done. Checking in way too often for updates has been a part of our lives for quite a while now.

What'll we do when there's no more new Haruhi to read?
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Excellent release for Editor-in-chief, can't wait to read the rest.
:mrgreen:
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Thanks! :)
TallGuy
Astral Realm

Post by TallGuy »

Thanks. I'm liking this one so far, especially after a disappointing volume 7.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I think BaKaFiSh does Jap-Eng too...
/me claws out throat and dies
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

TallGuy wrote:Thanks. I'm liking this one so far, especially after a disappointing volume 7.
A disappointing volume 7? Really?

Huh...

Just to check, you were reading Haruhi Suzumiya Volume 7, right? Because the volume 7 that I read transceded "disappointing" with the Tsuruya-san character development alone, and it had a pretty revealing arc plot to boot.

EDIT: (off_topic) BTW, Holy Cow, did you check out ANN's "Guess the new Geneon License" contest yet? You might find it interesting... (/off_topic)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

quigonkenny wrote:
TallGuy wrote:Thanks. I'm liking this one so far, especially after a disappointing volume 7.
A disappointing volume 7? Really?

Huh...

Just to check, you were reading Haruhi Suzumiya Volume 7, right? Because the volume 7 that I read transceded "disappointing" with the Tsuruya-san character development alone, and it had a pretty revealing arc plot to boot.

EDIT: (off_topic) BTW, Holy Cow, did you check out ANN's "Guess the new Geneon License" contest yet? You might find it interesting... (/off_topic)
I agree with TallGuy bro. 7 was disappointing compared to the previous volumes. Indeed it did have some good points, but it really wasn't as engaging as the predecessors like the Disappearance vol.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

To me, Intrigues was a fine read. They revealed all 3 rival factions (MQCE, SneeringBastard and the rival espers), had a small revelation about Tsuruya-san, and presented a small mystery in the end (the titanium-device thingy). IMO it pretty much sets things up for the future volumes, presenting more question than it answers.

P/S: GENEON licensing Higurashi? They better not slaughter the entire show by censoring the torture scenes, or I'll make sure they share a well with Oni-Baba...

EDIT: Something suddenly struck me. If Geneon does license Higurashi, what will they do with "USODA!!" (you liar? O.o), or worse, kana, kana? (I wonder, I wonder? >.<)
TallGuy
Astral Realm

Post by TallGuy »

The thing that disappointed me about volume 7 was the "flow" of it. All the ideas in the story on their own were valid ideas, but they never managed to get together in a meaningful way to me.
Dissapearance had a very clear, central theme to it. I couldn't detect that in Intrigues.
I didn't hate it, but I only discovered Suzumiya Haruhi (and this site) less then two months ago and I have worked my way through all the novels at a breakneck speed (I'm a greedy reader). So the memory of Disappearance was still very fresh when I read Intrigues.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

It's probably caused by the long breaks between releases. I find it the same with anime. Watching a couple of episodes straight is much more powerful than an episode a week. I think that's why I enjoyed Futakoi Alternative (which I just watched recently, in a marathon) more than Kanon (Which I'm watching every week).
Narcissus
Astral Realm

Post by Narcissus »

I agree cow, they better not mess up Higurashi, censoring is for noobs.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Could you imagine if 4kids got their hands on it.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

umm its licensed by Kawadoka USA. Anyway I liked vol. 7, I think it sets up for future events perfectly and things will start to fall into place easier. As for the mystery about Haruhi thought it doesn't explain much. Volume 7 does explain the actions taken by the Itsuki's organization and Mikuru (Big).
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

I know it's licensed. I said to imagine.

Return to “Volume 8 - The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第八巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憤慨”