Damn the worse cliffhanger ever! kyon past love exp -_-

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

From the way it's going Kyon isn't going to be writing about his encounter with Haruhi, just something that happened at the end of middle school. At least I wouldn't write about it if I was him, to avoid both the possible Haruhi consequences and the more than possible Koizumi smugness.

Don't quote me on that though, it's hard to figure out Kyon's thought patterns at the best of times without making guesses about what hasn't been specified yet.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Does he have a full story? First person stories are kind of annoying. If you're going to write about yourself, do it in third person.
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Isn't the whole of the Haruhi Suzumiya series written in first person? :p
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Stratosphere wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Pssst. Stop pointing out plot holes.

Although actually, I think Haruhi knows that theres something a bit odd with her little club, something rather strange. But she likes that, and doesn't worry about it to much.
Those can't really be considered plot-holes. It's more like irony.

There is a real plot-hole, though. Yuki supposedly learns how to use a computer during the battle with the computer club, yet she uses one to communicate with Kyon while he's in the other dimension with Haruhi. The problem here is that the event where she learns to use the computer happens after the event with Haruhi and Kyon.

How could she have used the computer to communicate with Kyon if she isn't supposed to learn how to use one until much later?

I declare plot-hole!!!!
I say she did it all with her brain. Cos she's just that amazing. <3~

And I wanna spoil it, but that'd be mean. xD
oL
Astral Realm

Post by oL »

kyon's stroy was not related to the mystery girl from his middle school anymore.btw his stroy show you about his good date with the girl.Actually
it will be a very good if only
Spoiler! :
that girl isn't 10 years old girl :lol:
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

I declare plot-hole!!!!
It's quite possible that Yuki was directly interfacing with the computer in the alternate dimension via her master's power instead of using her humanoid interface body. Yuki seems to be able to manipulate data at will, but using primitive interfaces such as keyboard and mouse was something she was unfamiliar with as far as coordination and motor skills go.

Disregard the fact that she learns how to play a guitar perfectly in a matter of seconds... well.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, as it were.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

What I don't see is how Yuki can magically use a computer to communicate to a different reality. Supposively, if Yuki can manipulate data in a different dimension, shouldn't she be able to prevent the Shinjins or maybe stop expansion of closed space or even remove them?
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

Yuki's power, and by extension the data entities' power, is less than Haruhi's. Both Itsuki and Yuki could only access the new world in a very weak way, probably due to it being reinforced in Haruhi's mind as being "the new world." They were both disappearing.

There was nothing they could do to stop it.

Yuki and Itsuki can stop closed space to some degree. Yuki was able to add an escape lock to the winter incident house that allowed them to get out of it, even while she was out of contact with the entity. Itsuki could kill the Shinjins, thus collapsing closed space. Same with the cave cricket.

They just can't outright stop Haruhi's unconcious power trips... she's too strong.
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

That doesn't explain why Yuki was able to leech Haruhi's ability to create a new world. So in some way, with her limiter removed, she's probably the most powerful being in the universe.

Over the course of the novels, Yuki gains levels. She's like... Neo.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

ARGH I'M NOW WANTING MROE FROM EDITOR-IN-CHIEF!!!

damn cliffhanger. I want to know more. Lol.
artik
Astral Realm

Post by artik »

GAH! I wanna read the rest too T_T

Please hurry as much as you can... :D
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Well, the mystery girl had her hair in a ponytail too. Coincidence?
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

Hang tight, I'll probably post the rest of the story in one blow, hopefully in two weeks max. :D
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

you just love tormenting us :roll: another cliffy (75%)
such evilness...the dark force is strong withing you young padwan.
:lol: :D

anyway, two weeks is good.
Making some money through links ;) click here here to know more.
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

I need another 1-2 weeks to finish, so I posted the next part for now :oops:

Return to “Volume 8 - The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第八巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憤慨”