Scandalous actions in "Editor-in-Chief"

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

roastedpekingduck
Astral Realm

Scandalous actions in "Editor-in-Chief"

Post by roastedpekingduck »

That rape scene was utterly hilarious, ending with the fact that Kyon is a "pedophile"... :lol: :lol: :lol: Nagaru Tanigawa can write awesome comedy when he wants to.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Calling it rape is a but much. It's actually a form of unarmed combat.

(Large-ish image, haven't resized yet)
Spoiler! :
Gonna add the images when I get home :)
=Smidge=
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Kinda like an episode of Three's Company.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

A brilliant end to that story. So funny.
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

I lawled and larrfed. Great ending. :P

Mikuru's reaction was the best, in an I-could-totally-see-that-coming kind of way. XD
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

It doesn't really make it clear in the story, but is she sitting on him for the rest of the story (besides that last paragraph)? :shock:
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

They don't explain anything after Mikuru leaves. He just cuts ahead to the aftermath of the production.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Dan wrote:It doesn't really make it clear in the story, but is she sitting on him for the rest of the story (besides that last paragraph)? :shock:
No, he just fast forwarded to the events that took place after.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Not only has Kyon incurred the wrath of Haruhi, even Yuki's jealous after taking a peek into Kyon's laptop, and decides to let Haruhi rape him. Not to mention Mikuru got it all wrong and left like Taniguchi did after seeing him lie on top of Yuki: "Enjoy yourselves!"

That'll leave Koizumi in an excellent position to take advantage of Kyon after being abandoned by his personal SOS harem.
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

that yuki scene is where i imagined the cover image would've happened :)
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

I loved that chapter. And now I am done reading everything until volume 9. It's kinda sad. I have to wait around a month until volume 9 is published. *sigh* But I loved Editor in Chief. Ha ha ha. that's great. And we know that Haruhi is the one who thought up of the basic theory for time travel.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Haiyami wrote:I loved that chapter.
More like a book than a chapter! :lol:
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Spoiler! :
Haiyami wrote:I loved that chapter. And now I am done reading everything until volume 9. It's kinda sad. I have to wait around a month until volume 9 is published. *sigh* But I loved Editor in Chief. Ha ha ha. that's great. And we know that Haruhi is the one who thought up of the basic theory for time travel.
Please use spoiler tags!
Deesies
Astral Realm

Post by Deesies »

Is it just me or is the author "fast-forwarding" more and more in these books. Some bits of this chapter and bits from volume 7 (valentine's stuff) felt kinda... Rushed and anti climactic.

Everything else is fine and all but just the little things seem to be overlooked more and more as the series progresses imo =o

Kyon never did ask yuki what her story was all about. It was the thing I was interested most in the chapter and I thought it'd have deserved a little bit more insight (unless it's explained further in next chapter?)
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

People like me who know Yuki's heart understand it perfectly. Obviously you're not as big a fan of her as I am. :P

Return to “Volume 8 - The Indignation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第八巻: 涼宮ハルヒの憤慨”