Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

For ease of use, I suggest registering on the forum. Feel free to edit any of the stories on the Wiki.

Welcome to Baka-Tsuki. 8)
SoraNoAkaiAme
Astral Realm

Post by SoraNoAkaiAme »

Thank you, I promise to give back to Baka-Tsuki instead of just taking.
Mr4eyeguy
Astral Realm

Post by Mr4eyeguy »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Just register on the Wiki and start editing. :P With a little time and decent edits you'll receive the editor title.
I have been trying to register on the Wiki but I can't seem to find the link to register. I've heard that I need to "click the right top link in the wiki" but all I see on right top is my username, my watchlist, etc. Can you please help me?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Mr4eyeguy wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Just register on the Wiki and start editing. :P With a little time and decent edits you'll receive the editor title.
I have been trying to register on the Wiki but I can't seem to find the link to register. I've heard that I need to "click the right top link in the wiki" but all I see on right top is my username, my watchlist, etc. Can you please help me?
If you see your name in the top right that means you have already registered. :P It is easier to keep track of who edits what this way. Being active on the forum helps as well.
Mr4eyeguy
Astral Realm

Post by Mr4eyeguy »

Thanks TGM! If thats the case then I'd like to translate the chapters of Tomoyo After~"It's a Wonderful Life". I'll register myself as "Mr4eyeguy".

Once again Thanks :D
antonie-kyon
Project Translator

Post by antonie-kyon »

i willing to do this
very well in chinese simple and tradition (i am chinese myself), cantonese, and good english , can speak simple japanese, bahasa malay
dun have experiment to do this yet
Antonie khor, 16 years old, chinese, very well in chinese (simple/tradition), cantonese, and good english , can speak simple japanese, bahasa malay. anime fan, big fan of Suzumiya haruhi, Gurren Lagann and air gear
antonie-kyon
Project Translator

Post by antonie-kyon »

is this project still continuing?!
Antonie khor, 16 years old, chinese, very well in chinese (simple/tradition), cantonese, and good english , can speak simple japanese, bahasa malay. anime fan, big fan of Suzumiya haruhi, Gurren Lagann and air gear
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Do you have a specific project you would like to work on? And is it translating or editing that you wish to do?

Welcome to Baka-Tsuki. 8)
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

... I guess it's high time I pick up some things to do.

I have knowledge in English and, like antonie-kyon, I can also use Malay (which is my native language), Chinese = I need to start from level 0, Japanese = I still need to learn more but I can handle a few short sentences (which contains words I already know and not too much Kanji which has no Hirigana pronunciation guides) on my own.

So I guess I can be a little bit of a translator, but for the most part I think I'd rather be a proofreader for the finished English translations... editing... I am still unsure what an editor does, so... I'll try to re-read again what I am supposed to do if I have to do editings...

As for specific projects to work on I am not sure yet, although there are titles I'm interested on.

Also I'll need these skills for probably some use in the future... who knows? :P I just need to get some experience...

@ antonie-kyon: Welcome! Great to see another fellow guy here. =D
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Assassin wrote:So I guess I can be a little bit of a translator, but for the most part I think I'd rather be a proofreader for the finished English translations... editing... I am still unsure what an editor does, so... I'll try to re-read again what I am supposed to do if I have to do editings...

As for specific projects to work on I am not sure yet, although there are titles I'm interested on.
Well, you sure you wanna proofread? I saw that word in Oni's post, and almost freaked out. It is a simple-looking word with heavy responsibilities. It is basically taking the original Japanese text and compare it with the translated English version, correcting any translation inaccuracies you encounter. I'm not discouraging you though. A proofreader is INVALUABLE to any project. Maybe you should try it out. :D

An editor's is basically......editing. Usually one would simply correct grammatical mistakes in the translated text. If the editor is bilingual/ multilingual, (Chi and Jpn included), it would be more advantageous since he can look up the original text if there are confusions due to very tough text (like SnS) or translator's mistakes (we are human too...)

That's about it then. You don't have to think so much one. (Hehe...feel like injecting a bit of local flavour here. Any project would welcome you. :D
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

So then that means I'll need reference on the original untranslated text as I do it huh...

Hmm I don't know how to say it but as I said, for simple sentences I might be able to get it...

Care if I show some attempts on some things I did some time ago? But I bet doing translations for a novel is harder than a manga... (also the translations might appear as crude and rough but... meh)
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Assassin wrote:So then that means I'll need reference on the original untranslated text as I do it huh...

Hmm I don't know how to say it but as I said, for simple sentences I might be able to get it...

Care if I show some attempts on some things I did some time ago? But I bet doing translations for a novel is harder than a manga... (also the translations might appear as crude and rough but... meh)
Erm... I don't know. Maybe not here. How about in your thread? Let's not sidetrack from this thread. =P.

If getting the original texts is your concern, well let me just say that it is no problem at all. Original texts can be acquired. Just ask.
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Zyzzyva165 wrote:
Assassin wrote:So then that means I'll need reference on the original untranslated text as I do it huh...

Erm... I don't know. Maybe not here. How about in your thread? Let's not sidetrack from this thread. =P.

If getting the original texts is your concern, well let me just say that it is no problem at all. Original texts can be acquired. Just ask.
Got it, here you go: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewto ... 932#p44932

I could do things better but that was a long time ago since I did a bit of a translation attempt...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

just to make things easier for Project Editorial leaders to evaluate volunteers, please post a link to your BT-Wiki user name profile page on this thread, to which we can easily access your contribution page and hence be able to look it over.

It would be also a point of interest, if you can also state the project you wish to work for primary.

Optionally a brief summary of what your current contribution to the project(s)that you were trying to achieve, explaining the philosophy behind your edits, if you will.

i.e. "I feel my rational behind my edits was to keep the grammar consistent, but to preserve the unique style of the characters narration." or
"I just wish to make the script flow smoothly and make it more enjoyable for myself and others."

Just be honest and treat it as a way to introduce yourself to fellow novel otakus :wink:

Note to Editorial Group leaders, please check contribution page and please exercise personal judgement.

Just check to see that volunteers are regular contributors on the wiki for any projects and that they are consistent.

If you have any doubt just add the volunteers to the pending list on the group page (if not already added) and I'll get round to reviewing them.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
antonie-kyon
Project Translator

Post by antonie-kyon »

i willing to do this
very well in chinese simple and tradition (i am chinese myself), cantonese, and good english , can speak simple japanese, bahasa malay
dun have experiment to do this yet

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... tonie-kyon

Return to “News”