Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I must say, your English skills need some work.
antonie-kyon wrote:i willing to do this
"I am willing to do this."
antonie-kyon wrote:very well in
"I am good with" or "I know a good amount of"
antonie-kyon wrote:dun have experiment to do this yet
I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to say, but my best guess is:
"I have no experience in doing this."

Practice makes perfect. 8)
antonie-kyon
Project Translator

Post by antonie-kyon »

sorry, i always type in computer language :/ a bad habit
Antonie khor, 16 years old, chinese, very well in chinese (simple/tradition), cantonese, and good english , can speak simple japanese, bahasa malay. anime fan, big fan of Suzumiya haruhi, Gurren Lagann and air gear
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Remember that letters that begin a sentence are always capitalized as well as the letter "I" when alone. :P
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

antonie-kyon wrote:sorry, i always type in computer language :/ a bad habit
Lolx. Thank God it is a short form habit... I was slightly appalled at your previous messages. :shock: (Needless to say,) please refrain from using them in the projects. :D
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
antonie-kyon
Project Translator

Post by antonie-kyon »

Sure, I won't do this in project XD
Antonie khor, 16 years old, chinese, very well in chinese (simple/tradition), cantonese, and good english , can speak simple japanese, bahasa malay. anime fan, big fan of Suzumiya haruhi, Gurren Lagann and air gear
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

onizuka-gto wrote:just to make things easier for Project Editorial leaders to evaluate volunteers, please post a link to your BT-Wiki user name profile page on this thread, to which we can easily access your contribution page and hence be able to look it over.

It would be also a point of interest, if you can also state the project you wish to work for primary.

Optionally a brief summary of what your current contribution to the project(s)that you were trying to achieve, explaining the philosophy behind your edits, if you will.

i.e. "I feel my rational behind my edits was to keep the grammar consistent, but to preserve the unique style of the characters narration." or
"I just wish to make the script flow smoothly and make it more enjoyable for myself and others."

Just be honest and treat it as a way to introduce yourself to fellow novel otakus :wink:

Note to Editorial Group leaders, please check contribution page and please exercise personal judgement.

Just check to see that volunteers are regular contributors on the wiki for any projects and that they are consistent.

If you have any doubt just add the volunteers to the pending list on the group page (if not already added) and I'll get round to reviewing them.
Umm... I don't really like asking this (I'd rather find out on my own) but... how do I do a BT-Wiki user profile page for my own?

EDIT: Never mind. I found out how anyway. >_> quite a shame for me asking that...

My username profile page: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... r:Assassin
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
antonie-kyon
Project Translator

Post by antonie-kyon »

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

thank you for your interest to become project Editor,

However after reviewing your contribution, I think you still need a couple of months for you to get use to the wiki, get involved in the community and generally get used to being part of the furniture around here.

At the moment, it's very hard to truly judge your profile since you both have been editing for a very short time, so it would be unfair to make any rash decision on both Antonie-Kyon and Assassin.

So in 2-3 months time, if you find yourselves that you can't seem to stop hanging around B-T and that you still find the time to edit, then please re-apply and we will have a look at your profile again.

So I look forward to hearing from you two again in the future. Good luck and thanks again for the past and present contribution! :D :wink:
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo! So sue me.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

onizuka-gto wrote:thank you for your interest to become project translators,

However after reviewing your contribution, I think you still need a couple of months for you to get use to the wiki, get involved in the community and generally get used to being part of the furniture around here.

At the moment, it's very hard to truly judge your profile since you both have been editing for a very short time, so it would be unfair to make any rash decision on both Antonie-Kyon and Assassin.

So in 2-3 months time, if you find yourselves that you can't seem to stop hanging around B-T and that you still find the time to edit, then please re-apply and we will have a look at your profile again.

So I look forward to hearing from you two again in the future. Good luck and thanks again for the past and present contribution! :D :wink:
@@ I didn't know there were these kinds of selections going on. I mean, I asked, I joined @@ How long a probation period did I undergo in the end? I never realized @@ Am I considered a project translator yet?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:

@@ I didn't know there were these kinds of selections going on. I mean, I asked, I joined @@ How long a probation period did I undergo in the end? I never realized @@ Am I considered a project translator yet?
....aren't you a translator shadowheart?
:?:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

Yes I am @@. But take a look at your very first line, bolded for your convenience. Project translators. Isn't that what I am? @@
:?:
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Thanks for the review... by the way... "you can't seem to stop hanging around B-T and that you still find the time to edit"... means?

basically, what kind of edits do I need to do in order to get a re-evaluation? I'm already okay hanging around B-T because the novels keep me overloaded with awesome (well, truthfully, I follow whatever novels I like to read here) XD but with "that you still find the time to edit"... now I need to know about that.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ShadowZeroHeart

Assassin wrote: Thanks for the review... by the way... "you can't seem to stop hanging around B-T and that you still find the time to edit"... means?

basically, what kind of edits do I need to do in order to get a re-evaluation? I'm already okay hanging around B-T because the novels keep me overloaded with awesome (well, truthfully, I follow whatever novels I like to read here) XD but with "that you still find the time to edit"... now I need to know about that.
It basically means you hang around for a prolonged period of time. As some people may be committed for just a while and figures in the end they want out. So basically its a probation period. It is not the kinds of edits, but the quality and the commitment. Do not, i repeat, DO NOT try to find faults to edit when you can't find any. If it is good enough, why not leave it there? So it is not the number of edits, but the quality. From weird-sounding english, or bad engrish and edit into good english as far as possible. And if possible, keep the meanings from the novels. As for the "that you still find the time to edit" is applicable to people like me. We have school or work and sometimes break periods. If we declare ourselves volunteers during these breaks, but eventually have no time to do anything once the break period ends, it is not the best of ideas is it?

In short, just try to correct weird English, and keep at it for a prolonged period of time. The standards should be explained by oni or one of the mods? I am guessing it should be months.

Lastly, do not worry about the titles. The titles should come because you help out in editting, not because you want the title that you edit. So just help out with edits, and eventually you will get the title. It is not like you get paid if you are a recognised editor of B-T...
=X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Assassin wrote: Thanks for the review... by the way... "you can't seem to stop hanging around B-T and that you still find the time to edit"... means?

It basically means you hang around for a prolonged period of time. As some people may be committed for just a while and figures in the end they want out. So basically its a probation period. It is not the kinds of edits, but the quality and the commitment. Do not, i repeat, DO NOT try to find faults to edit when you can't find any. If it is good enough, why not leave it there? So it is not the number of edits, but the quality. From weird-sounding english, or bad engrish and edit into good english as far as possible. And if possible, keep the meanings from the novels. As for the "that you still find the time to edit" is applicable to people like me. We have school or work and sometimes break periods. If we declare ourselves volunteers during these breaks, but eventually have no time to do anything once the break period ends, it is not the best of ideas is it?

In short, just try to correct weird English, and keep at it for a prolonged period of time. The standards should be explained by oni or one of the mods? I am guessing it should be months.

Lastly, do not worry about the titles. The titles should come because you help out in editting, not because you want the title that you edit. So just help out with edits, and eventually you will get the title. It is not like you get paid if you are a recognised editor of B-T...
=X
So that means I can already go and do some editings where necessary? (Read: When necessary). If that's the case then I'm always ready :D

I'll try to keep track on what's around. I hope editing minor mistakes such as misspellings won't be something arguable...

By the way, a little OOT - some bits on English: is there such a word like "austistic"? All I've ever heard of is "autistic"... (well, Mr. Google says there is, but somehow I see it as a case of misspelling by various sources :|)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

As far as I know there should only be 'autistic'. I have never once heard the word 'austistic'.

Return to “News”